Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confessions of a Shitty
(Jan 26 2019, 12:17 AM)M. Bison Wrote: If you're a "shitty" who drops weapons, listens, and calls I don't think you'll take too much heat from most try hards. The awpers will appreciate the extra funding, the baiters will appreciate your scouting, and the rest will appreciate your calls (assuming they are accurate). If you're calling on behalf of silent no-mic individuals while dead then your teammates will appreciate that too. However, you should selectively call only when it will be beneficial and these calls need to be short and fast or you'll antagonize teammates listening for footsteps. The rest of the hate usually comes from a select few habitual ragers.

I'm usually only riled up by "shitties" who don't follow calls and/or use common sense, for example they may repeatedly take the scenic route when rotating (so they never make it in time) or outright camp the opposite site during calls to rotate and even after bomb is planted. These are the kind of "shitties" who earn bans.

Although, I can't really call people "shitties" since I'm borderline "shitty" myself. I've been using a vertical mouse lately, which is a 20-40% hit to aiming for at least a 20% hit to rws.  Tongue

Borderline shitty? NO. You are a Shitty, Shitty.
(Feb 01 2019, 12:21 AM)johnnyboi212 Wrote:
(Jan 26 2019, 12:17 AM)M. Bison Wrote: If you're a "shitty" who drops weapons, listens, and calls I don't think you'll take too much heat from most try hards. The awpers will appreciate the extra funding, the baiters will appreciate your scouting, and the rest will appreciate your calls (assuming they are accurate). If you're calling on behalf of silent no-mic individuals while dead then your teammates will appreciate that too. However, you should selectively call only when it will be beneficial and these calls need to be short and fast or you'll antagonize teammates listening for footsteps. The rest of the hate usually comes from a select few habitual ragers.

I'm usually only riled up by "shitties" who don't follow calls and/or use common sense, for example they may repeatedly take the scenic route when rotating (so they never make it in time) or outright camp the opposite site during calls to rotate and even after bomb is planted. These are the kind of "shitties" who earn bans.

Although, I can't really call people "shitties" since I'm borderline "shitty" myself. I've been using a vertical mouse lately, which is a 20-40% hit to aiming for at least a 20% hit to rws.  Tongue

I'm telling you like I tell my 2 year old, Be nice, or I'll put you in timeout for 2minutes.
You don't have to be good at aiming to be a good player. This game is about teamwork. Regarding that, I think you are already a good player.
[-] The following 2 users Like Call me when humans go extinct's post:
   CaliSnipe, wil.son
[Image: Photo%20collage-climate%20scenarios-glob...k=rcowMNf5]
(Jan 24 2019, 01:13 PM)wil.son Wrote: People were bitching at me, being condescending, and constantly reminding me they were unhappy to have me on their team. 

I feel you, it takes some time but don't worry you'll get good, just keep it going.
where is my hat? 
NO offense, but I did not want to read all of that.

but I know I suck the big one from when I used to so <3
(Feb 01 2019, 02:36 AM)CaliSnipe Wrote:
(Feb 01 2019, 12:21 AM)johnnyboi212 Wrote:

I'm telling you like I tell my 2 year old, Be nice, or I'll put you in timeout for 2minutes.

You a hoe.
Had a stretch of pretty decent games recently, so I thought I’d update. Since my original post I have new internet, a new gaming laptop, and a solid headset. Been working hard recently on crosshair placement, specifically when retaking site, and being especially careful not to be a baiter. I want to be the guy on the team who gets baited, as I’m normally not one of the best on the team. It’s hard to lurk sometimes without being accused, but I feel as long as I follow bomb 95% of the time and take site, the 5% of the time I lurk, maybe less, I can’t be accused of being a baiter.

My RWS is over 8 for the first time since joining WL. My average for the month of February was 8.88, and the latter half of the month was well above that. I still suck but I’m certainly improving. Hitting shots I would have never hit before, being in the right place at the right time, and making +ev decisions each round.

I still have work to do but at this point I think I’m far from dead weight. I’m holding my own and having fun.
RWS when I posted this - 6.33
Current RWS - 8.04
Quick update.... Made a good bit of progress since joining WL which was my first experience with CS Source. My ADR is up 13 points this month since my first month in December (50.4-63.5). In December, I averaged a 5.84 RWS. Last month I was able to average 9.13. Still abysmal compared to many others but I feel that I'm at the point where I'm contributing just as much as the other lower-tier players on here, and I also feel like my callouts are on point and I make them more than the vast majority of players at my skill level. My HS % is up sharply with both rifles and the deagle.

Feels good to be doing decent and not getting yelled at. Feels great in clutch situations to have more gamesense than I did when starting out playing. Feels even better to have indisputable evidence that I've improved, and improved to the level of a few other regulars here.
[-] The following 3 users Like wil.son's post:
   CaliSnipe, Kobe, rookoo
(May 01 2019, 07:21 PM)wil.son Wrote: Quick update.... Made a good bit of progress since joining WL which was my first experience with CS Source. My ADR is up 13 points this month since my first month in December (50.4-63.5). In December, I averaged a 5.84 RWS. Last month I was able to average 9.13. Still abysmal compared to many others but I feel that I'm at the point where I'm contributing just as much as the other lower-tier players on here, and I also feel like my callouts are on point and I make them more than the vast majority of players at my skill level. My HS % is up sharply with both rifles and the deagle.

Feels good to be doing decent and not getting yelled at. Feels great in clutch situations to have more gamesense than I did when starting out playing. Feels even better to have indisputable evidence that I've improved, and improved to the level of a few other regulars here.

coolstorybroSmile