Poll: How should it be? Show Results
The old way was just fine
16 41.03%
16+ = 1 AWP, 26+ = 2 AWPs, 34+ = 3 AWPs?
9 23.08%
Keep the current way they're set up
8 20.51%
AWP FREE!
4 10.26%
Other (Write Down)
2 5.13%
Total 39 vote(s) 100%
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leave the AWPs the way it was
M. Bison, post: 70655, member: 359 Wrote:This indirectly supports several of my earlier points suggested in the other thread.
My counter point to yours is that encourages begging. People are already greedy/annoying about the AWP. Complaining on mic when someone else has the AWP and how bad they are. If you did put in the sharing aspect, all the pan handlers from east LA would be here asking for an AWP.
The new awp module with notifications and /ab (auto buy) is finished. I'll probably test it sometime later, when I'm actually awake. :p

The limits are:
0-11=0 AWPs
12-27=1 AWP
28-40=2 AWPs

The following maps have additional awps for some teams:
CT on cs_assault, cs_italy, cs_militia, de_piranesi, cs_compound get 2x current AWP limit.
T on de_aztec, de_nuke get 2x current AWP limit.

I may remove some of these maps down the road. Wink

Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
I like the new AWP increase to Office, I did see 3 AWP on the CT at one time. Is that a glitch?

Like the autobuy command to allow the "casual awper" the opportunity to get the AWP once without effecting others.
Mr.Tea, post: 71219, member: 1006 Wrote:I did see 3 AWP on the CT at one time. Is that a glitch?
If on cs_office, yes. I've restructured the plugins logic quite a bit. Hopefully if there was a problem, it was resolved by these changes. :p

Mr.Tea, post: 71219, member: 1006 Wrote:Like the autobuy command to allow the "casual awper" the opportunity to get the AWP once without effecting others.
I thought you hated the idea. o_O

Anyway, the autobuy command is still constrained to the AWP limit. There's no guarantee you'll get an AWP while using it. You have preference over someone else trying to buy it normally, though.
I hated the idea that you would prevent AWPers from rebuying the next round or buy 1x during a Map. Since AWPs have gone up and you have a chance to buy an AWP every round. No issue. Since, most people don't try to buy AWP all I have noticed is the ability to have the AWP more and now when someone cries that they can't buy the AWP. They can just do the /ab one time and AWP. I didn't like the idea of vouchers or rules to determine if someone could buy an AWP.
Mr.Tea, post: 71230, member: 1006 Wrote:I hated the idea that you would prevent AWPers from rebuying the next round or buy 1x during a Map. Since AWPs have gone up and you have a chance to buy an AWP every round. No issue. Since, most people don't try to buy AWP all I have noticed is the ability to have the AWP more and now when someone cries that they can't buy the AWP. They can just do the /ab one time and AWP. I didn't like the idea of vouchers or rules to determine if someone could buy an AWP.
wat?! :eek:

Those were proposals being discussed a while ago. The current implementation was being discussed the last 3 pages. You and Joker8Baller were going all out on it. I recall many posts about catering to newbies and opposition to such things. I have a feeling people weren't entirely reading all of my posts. :confused:
I'm liking the /ab feature but I'm not sure all servers should have more than 1 awp. Really just talking about awphice, but I'd like to see how it works out and if the players respond positively to 2 awps.
HoboBob, post: 71233, member: 4107 Wrote:I'm liking the /ab feature but I'm not sure all servers should have more than 1 awp.
Yeah, mostly a test run anyway. The plugin will be adjusted based on feedback. Smile

HoboBob, post: 71233, member: 4107 Wrote:Really just talking about awphice, but I'd like to see how it works out and if the players respond positively to 2 awps.
You office regulars and your weird lingo. o_O
Yeah it took me a while to respond to this. Since they aren't going anywhere, this is probably going to be my last reply regarding this topic.

Mr.Tea, post: 70438, member: 1006 Wrote:Hi Silly,
you always going spurting to logic, pish posh pretentious comment here and there. By saying someone's comments aren't logical doesn't mean they aren't. My need a hug comment is a poke at the Generation Y'er traits you always xmit in your posts.
Spurting to logic? Resorting to logic? Spurting logic? Logic's important though, it determines whether something is rational and true. Yes, your comments haven't been proven to be illogical just by me saying that they're illogical. But I don't think it was necessary to get into depth. Well, your need a hug comment was pretty ridiculous. Generation Y traits? Rightio...

Mr.Tea, post: 70438, member: 1006 Wrote:It shows that I try...something a generation of kids miss. You want everything handed to you when its hard and make things "fair," i.e. easier for you. "You want an even disbursement of the AWP." No, you want the ability to buy the AWP when you want it. Don't give me that, oh there is an AWP monopoly, the 1% is taking advantage of 99%, lower taxes, hug a tree, blah blah blah. exhibit A
What? Ah man... It's simply about allowing everyone a more balanced chance of obtaining an awp. Alright since the new awp settings have already been implemented, there's no point arguing about them anymore.

Mr.Tea, post: 70438, member: 1006 Wrote:Has nothing to do with getting faster at buying the AWP. An exaggerated analogy that talks about to drastically unrelated things.
The entire point of the analogy was to critically highlight the idea which I had issue with. It was completely applicable and fantastic.

Mr.Tea, post: 70438, member: 1006 Wrote:The point you can't get is that you(them) aren't even trying. 40days of play time on POP (5 day on office) and I don't have an issue with buying an AWP. Joker has ~24 days on pop maps playing time no issue. You have ~4days? Poor baby. Did you have a problem getting an AWP on snipers/D2 Deathmatch? Probably not since you don't have to try because its given to you.
I
don't usually play on popular maps; A combination of there being too many people, and a general inability for me to obtain some of the weapons that I want to use.

Mr.Tea, post: 70438, member: 1006 Wrote:No, he hasn't you have taken things out of context.
Those comments were opposed in their original context.

Mr.Tea, post: 70438, member: 1006 Wrote:Sounds pretty sarcastic and QQ indeed.
That's because it was obviously sarcastic, haha.

Mr.Tea, post: 70438, member: 1006 Wrote:First, you are a kid. You'll take this personal, but I was jumping out planes when you were 12 and at war before you hit adulthood.
No I'm not a kid, but it's funny how you contradicted yourself and admitted that I was an adult. Yeah, I presume that you're older than me, but that doesn't make me a child, it just makes you another adult who happens to be older than me.

Mr.Tea, post: 70438, member: 1006 Wrote:Second, if someone shot you in foot you would probably have an extra incentive to get better and probably would. When people were shooting at me I acted a lot quicker and tried harder to kill them.
Getting better at the game isn't the same as getting better at spamming buy commands before other people can.
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
M. Bison, post: 71195, member: 359 Wrote:The new awp module with notifications and /ab (auto buy) is finished. I'll probably test it sometime later, when I'm actually awake. :p

The limits are:
0-11=0 AWPs
12-27=1 AWP
28-40=2 AWPs

The following maps have additional awps for some teams:
CT on cs_assault, cs_italy, cs_militia, de_piranesi, cs_compound get 2x current AWP limit.
T on de_aztec, de_nuke get 2x current AWP limit.

I may remove some of these maps down the road. Wink

Well done. Thanks!

What about D2?
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]