Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SETTING UP OF A NEW SERVER IN INDIA
As For as wl CSS servers which are situated in us and Singapore INdian Players have a great record, if u look at player list on who play on those server there will be definitley more indian player . Many INDIAN players r faced by various problems like high ping ,lags etc, etc not only indians even players located far away from the servers r faced by the same problems. so to avoid all these problems, and also make wl popular throughout the world Setting up of a new css server in india will be a good idea ...

ONLy A single css server can be setup- de_dust2 and cs_office rotation (becoz this maps r popular)

Thanks for spending u r valuable time here:XD
Why do we even need a wls server hosted in India?

Well if your ISP makes your ping go high contact them :\
Just Go With IT. √

Why are you even looking here? scroll down if you can.
As far I have seen this is an ISP problem rerouting error from India, going to other countries until it eventually lands on the server. So yea, you need to contact your company and have them fix your routing issues.
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
Singapore was chosen because it is the best location for the region. We did originally look at India but it wasn't worth our time. The datacenters in India are expensive (double the cost of what we're paying in Singapore), unreliable, crap networks and the non-english is a bit of a problem for us.

There also isn't any good GSP offering a single server, we'd have to buy a dedicated.
If more and more players need this to be done willu do it for us and we will also donate some money in setting up a server

Double post

Rockstar, post: 93136, member: 10627 Wrote:If more and more players need this to be done willu do it for us and we will also donate some money in setting up a server
Can u say how much in terms of INR
Rockstar, post: 93136, member: 10627 Wrote:If more and more players need this to be done willu do it for us and we will also donate some money in setting up a server

Double post

Can u say how much in terms of INR

Setting up an indian server will kill the singapore server, so if you want to donate. donate to both Wink Or spend your money to a new isp instead of donating it to wls.
The high ping is not a problem with wL servers. Stop being lazy and contact your isp.
What i don't understand is if you can donate money in setting up the server then why can't you change your isp to airtel or others which have good ping to Singapore?
As far I can see Singapore is the best place to have servers because Maximum number of players can get low ping and can be reached easily even till Australia.

I told you ingame too and I am telling you here Servers in India Are A lot Expensive Around ₹85000 Per month. Where as its very cheaper in Singapore and more stable and better hardware. I don't see a point for wL to change its location for just a few people to India and ruin it for almost everyone.
BSNL's routing tables are a complete mess. They do not even route properly to other Indian ISPs. I checked with Tata Communications and Bharti Airtel and they both get in excess of 200ms to BSNL.

Manky™, post: 93179, member: 15413 Wrote:if you can donate money in setting up the server then why can't you change your isp to airtel or others which have good ping to Singapore?
^ this
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
Matt, post: 93135, member: 178 Wrote:Singapore was chosen because it is the best location for the region. We did originally look at India but it wasn't worth our time. The datacenters in India are expensive (double the cost of what we're paying in Singapore), unreliable, crap networks and the non-english is a bit of a problem for us.

There also isn't any good GSP offering a single server, we'd have to buy a dedicated.

I agree with him.I was running Indian CSS server but because of crappy services I changed 5 providers in 2 months and it costed me a lot of money.Finally Because of Manky I met Bison Big Grin and got my ass saved from crappy Indian services.I was fed up from them a lot.I even decided to shut off my server and leave CSS because crappy services.Not even that I was using BSNL and experienced bad ping in my own Indian server. :p So, I simply changed my ISP and now I get only 90 to 100 ping in Singapore servers.It's not WL's Fault.High ping is also not due to the fact that the server is in Singapore. The Fault is of your ISP , Call them and tell them to FUCK OFF! and change ISP.Believe me no one else knows better than me in this matter because I am an Indian. :p

Double post

Manky™, post: 93179, member: 15413 Wrote:What i don't understand is if you can donate money in setting up the server then why can't you change your isp to airtel or others which have good ping to Singapore?
As far I can see Singapore is the best place to have servers because Maximum number of players can get low ping and can be reached easily even till Australia.

I told you ingame too and I am telling you here Servers in India Are A lot Expensive Around ₹85000 Per month. Where as its very cheaper in Singapore and more stable and better hardware. I don't see a point for wL to change its location for just a few people to India and ruin it for almost everyone.

Not that much expensive , even if it is expensive WL will manage it easily but the main problem is of crappy services.Till my last breath I will only advise to never open a server or rent a machine in INDIA.

Double post

@ALING This is the first and last time I am saying this,NO ONE CAN EVER KILL Wl servers.Mind that please. Big Grin