Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just ordered new laptop
ceddeeoo, post: 101137, member: 9052 Wrote:uhh all the cpu speeds in laptop are listed are pretty much the same as the one you listed and some of those GPUs have more vram and higher bitrate
But benchmark and perform worse than the ones that on that list.

Keeping track of the GPU news is one of my hobbies. Most people think its all about the huge number they show case in front, but what you need to look is what you can do with what is under the hood, GPU Clock, Memory Clocking how much beating the card can take before it can't render properly etc. I bet ya big money that EVO laptop would not only out perform the laptops on that list, but outlast them all too.

There is a reason why Cyberpower, Alienware etc can sell their laptops for higher prices, and yes it has to do with branding, but also all the testing that goes out to make sure that the quality of the laptop surpasses expectations and lifetime, which is hard considering that most brands of laptops (Asus, Acer etc) have a life time of 2-3 years. With the exception of Dell & HP who guarantee life time up to five years on some of their laptops.

Again, it all comes down to people paying a few extra hundred to get something that will last longer, and will perform to the specifications that it should, am not bashing Asus, Acer etc, they probably do a decent job, but they will never be more than a low/mid range laptop in gaming. I am giving folks out there the option to stop looking at "decent" and start looking at professional.
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
asus and acer laptops with life time of 2-3 years ? what kind of crack are you on bro, unless you're talking about a 300$ laptop. 3 years ago your assessment would be correct but my asus laptop is rock solid and I really think they've stepped up their high-grade type laptops. the laptop i bought was 1,000$ less than 6 months ago
ceddeeoo, post: 101139, member: 9052 Wrote:asus and acer laptops with life time of 2-3 years ? what kind of crack are you on bro, unless you're talking about a 300$ laptop. 3 years ago your assessment would be correct but my asus laptop is rock solid and I really think they've stepped up their high-grade type laptops. the laptop i bought was 1,000$ less than 6 months ago
Average lifespan of a Business laptop is 5 years.
For full gaming 3 years.

You better keep track of the support sites, and the amount of people complaining when buying a laptop, not just the reviews on the buy site Wink
Talk to me when its 3 years old and tell me it is still in factory condition (no replaced hardware).
idk man this laptop has amazing cooling
Cedeo is imbecile. However, my 3 y.o. Asus g73sw with gtx460 is still doing well. (Knocking on the wood)
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
Moriarty!
Lucky bastard! Out of the 8 I have owned only my HP survived 3 years before it needed a new motherboard Sad Thank god for HP Business Warranty! Best support I have ever had.
Yes, the only thing needed to be done was clean up. But you remember, since you told meSmile oh, I bought it refurbished too, maybe that's why my Asus is so healthy.
Moriarty, post: 101251, member: 9168 Wrote:Yes, the only thing needed to be done was clean up. But you remember, since you told meSmile oh, I bought it refurbished too, maybe that's why my Asus is so healthy.
Blah not even factory hardware bitch! :p
This is the one I just ordered. Since I work for Dell I get wicked discounts: I purchased this for $845 with their support plan and warranty. I was going to try and get an alienware, as overrated as they are, during Labor Day weekend. Dell employees get a 37% discount on approved laptops. And if you end up going to Dell's outlet site, you can find the $3500 alienwares knocked way off in the first place. In the end, you can get an alienware 18 for like 1200-1500 bucks. I didn't do that because I can credit a max of 1500 and pay out of my checks each month while not paying anything upfront. Plus, I don't game on laptops............... who does that????

3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3230M processor (3M Cache, up to 3.2 GHz)
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 630M with 1GB GDDR5 VRAM
6GB DDR3 1600MHz Memory
500GB 7200 HDD with 32GB mSATA
Digital Delivery Enablement
McAfee LiveSafe 12 Month Subscription
Silver Anodized Aluminum and 15.6" FHD 1080p Truelife WLED Display and Skype-Certified HD Webcam
8X Slot Load CD/DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)
Killer Wireless-N, 1202 for Video & Voice w/ BT 4.0
65 WHr 9-cell Battery
US English Keyboard
Waves Maxx Audio 4.0
English Documentation
Adobe® Reader
No Optical Drive Software Selected
PPAN1403_015/BTO/C3
SRV Software for Killer Wireless-N, 1202 for Video & Voice w/ BT 4.0
Additional Software
No SSD SW Required
PowerCord 125V 3.2 feet C5
Shipping Material Clear
No Wireless Display Application and Driver
ENERGY STAR® qualified/EPEAT registered
CFI Not Included
No Palmrest Label Included
[Image: spacer.gif][Image: spacer.gif]
[Image: spacer.gif][Image: spacer.gif]
Motherboard: 990FX Sabertooth

Processor: Amd FX-8150 8 core 4.2 ghz

Ram: 16GB 1600 DDR3 Vengeance

Video: GTX 680 SC+

HDD: Western Digital 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB cahe duo core (Black Edition) ----------------------- Soon to add a Hybrid Drive

Power Supply: 1000Watt 80 Gold Modular

Case: Antec 900 (4 fans) -- Soon to add a water cooling unit
I'd buy it and resell it on eBay if I was you. Quick couple hundreds.