Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghosts Sell $1 Billion in 24 hours - New Record
Funny is if GTA V would have been sold on PC as well they would have probably had a much larger sale margin than Ghosts... They just never learn...

Call Of Duty: Ghosts Makes $1 Billion In 24 Hours

[Image: Call-of-Duty-Ghosts.jpg]
November 7, 2013 - 4:14pm
Activision announced today that the company sold more than $1 billion of Call of Duty: Ghosts into retail stores worldwide as of day one.

"Call of Duty is by far the largest console franchise of this generation," said Bobby Kotick, CEO of Activision Blizzard. "More people have played Call of Duty this year than ever before, logging four billion hours of gameplay. And in the last 12 months, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, including its digital content, generated more revenues than any other console game ever has in a single year. Although it is too early to assess sell-through for Call of Duty: Ghosts, it's launching at a time when the franchise has never been more popular."

Millions of people are already playing Call of Duty: Ghosts online. Since its release yesterday, Call of Duty: Ghosts has moved to the #1 spot as the most played game on Xbox Live, according to Microsoft. Additionally, Activision confirmed that on Xbox 360, average player sessions for Ghosts have been longer than either Black Ops II or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, during the same time period.

Last September, Grand Theft Auto IV broke day one game revenue records by selling $800 million during its first 24 hours in market.

Source: http://megagames.com/news/call-duty-ghos...n-24-hours
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
thats not surprising, this being a new call of duty.

besides, I figured this will be a "next-gen" for Call of Duty

Warden
Steam Status:
[Image: 76561198006067879.png]
Global Offensive Stats:
[Image: graphic.png]
* Please add or message me if you need something. *
--- War-Lords Veteran / STEAM ID: flamewarden77 ---
Click to view ---> My Twitch Profile
I thought that they sold $1 billion dollars to retailers, not consumers, whereas GTA 5 sold $800 million to consumers.
[Image: 1296721_601.png]
Total Sales amounted up to $1 billion world wide during the first 24 hours. Retailers don't actually buy a game, they share a small profit for selling it, hence they are never truly in possession (as in ownership) of the actual game.
Well that was quite....expected. Most gamers eat up a new call of duty and then later complain about it.
[Image: 1341999_101.png]
50 bucks for that game nothx ill stick to go
Riser, post: 103645, member: 992 Wrote:50 bucks for that game nothx ill stick to go
What is your total spending on skins now? XD
Riser, post: 103645, member: 992 Wrote:50 bucks for that game nothx ill stick to go

lol, csgo > call of duty ghosts anyday

cucubelu, post: 103646, member: 15378 Wrote:What is your total spending on skins now? XD

mines probably $200 now (because of new cases) and im sure its gonna keep going up LOL
idk bout risers rofl
Steam Status:
[Image: 76561198006067879.png]
Global Offensive Stats:
[Image: graphic.png]
* Please add or message me if you need something. *
--- War-Lords Veteran / STEAM ID: flamewarden77 ---
Click to view ---> My Twitch Profile
Hilarity! At least you are paying for the development of CS3 or whatever they decide to call it on the new engine Smile
80 Sad