Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today I am no longer a civilian
Congratulations, good luck with your Military career, and THANK YOU for your up-coming service.

How was MEPS? I can't go til I get a letter of recommendation from a doctor about my surgery when I was a baby so I get a better chance of getting a waiver. What MOS did you choose?

Double post

Masterful1, post: 107944, member: 3284 Wrote:As a former Sergeant of the U.S. Army, happy air time, fly baby!

Thank you for your service.

QUESTION: I am also trying to get into the Army. Option 40. But I got a DQyer. Surgery in the bowel. Is it hard to get a waiver for it?

Hope you answer
KuYa: I have automatically added you on my buddy list.
Riser: fuck off
KuYa: lmfao
Not sure. I was never a recruiter, so I am unfamiliar with waiver requirements....
[Image: 552360_101.png]
KuYa, post: 109584, member: 17183 Wrote:Congratulations, good luck with your Military career, and THANK YOU for your up-coming service.

How was MEPS? I can't go til I get a letter of recommendation from a doctor about my surgery when I was a baby so I get a better chance of getting a waiver. What MOS did you choose?

Double post

Thank you for your service.

QUESTION: I am also trying to get into the Army. Option 40. But I got a DQyer. Surgery in the bowel. Is it hard to get a waiver for it?

Hope you answer
Thanks.
I am going in the General Apt area, but I am in the 90s ASVAB range so I should be able to get what I want from the job listings that are available. As for waivers I know the Air Force sign up to 2 waivers for common things. And doctor only needs to send in your medical records for the surgery, not a recommendation (that is what I was told when I sent mine in). The doctors at MEPS will green light you from there and you continue you eval.

MEPS is pretty straight forward, you do the ASVAB, the physical etc, it is a little nerve wrecking at first but you will be done in no time, and it is quite harmless. Most of the time you sit in the waiting room talking with other potential recruits while waiting for the different examinations.
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
Masterful1, post: 109585, member: 3284 Wrote:Not sure. I was never a recruiter, so I am unfamiliar with waiver requirements....

oh ok.

Double post

cucubelu, post: 109586, member: 15378 Wrote:Thanks.
I am going in the General Apt area, but I am in the 90s ASVAB range so I should be able to get what I want from the job listings that are available. As for waivers I know the Air Force sign up to 2 waivers for common things. And doctor only needs to send in your medical records for the surgery, not a recommendation (that is what I was told when I sent mine in). The doctors at MEPS will green light you from there and you continue you eval.

MEPS is pretty straight forward, you do the ASVAB, the physical etc, it is a little nerve wrecking at first but you will be done in no time, and it is quite harmless. Most of the time you sit in the waiting room talking with other potential recruits while waiting for the different examinations.

That's a good AFQT score. That is very high compared to mine when I went there for the ASVAB >.>

I heard from another player in snipers that he got 115 on AFQT when he signed up for the Marines. (idk if its true).
Yeah I can't give them my medical records because it all happened in the Philippines and the doctors who did my surgery are very old and doesn't practice no more and we don't know where they are (MIA). And what's worse is that my records from the hospital that I was in destroys records 15 years and older. So I do not have ANY records to show MEPS at all. That is why I will have to go to a civilian doctor and have them eval me and give me a letter of recommendation that I am fit for military service. (it's just expensive even tho I got insurance)
But I heard that all branches has different standards (with medical) for enlistment. AF is the highest in academics or anything to do with brains.
and since the Army is a more ground combat branch, their physical has to be higher than Navy and AF. USMC is higher than the Army (my first choice but they denied me cause I was too old) 28 >_>

So...... what are the other embarrassing things hey did to you at MEPS? strip, look left, then cough (while they feel you down below? Lean forward and open your cheeks? and what else? I wanna know cause I wanna prepare for those -_-

thanks for the insights BTW. hope you answer again. I wanna get more info as much as I can. and if you know more stuff please do share as it may help me and others in the future. (I know a lot of players in wL who wants to join in service)
Highest AFTQ score achievable is 99% Smile so that 115 guy is def. not military rofl.

As for the Doctors bummer man, hopefully your doctor can clear you and you can continue with your normal eval. Basically, full on physical with a super speedy half naked time with the doc one on one.

AF does extra eye exams, other than that AF is like every other branch. Cut off for AF right now is at 70(?) Used to be 50, but they don't have a lot of job openings. Here in Hawaii for two months there have been 0 job openings for people, and its quite pissy because there are about 500 recruits in line for a job...

Oh and one more thing. Army and AF got the same PT requirements at BMT. 1-1-1. AF adopted it 1.5 years ago, and you will be set to the same standard as Army.
http://www.military.com/military-fitness...tness-test

Lowest, standard for joining and the only branch actively recruiting with job openings is the Navy. Their PT qualification is lower, and so are the scores needed for their jobs.
the one on one with the doc, what does he do to you besides check you out naked? like he will interview you for your medical history right? but other than that what else?
cucubelu, post: 109594, member: 15378 Wrote:Highest AFTQ score achievable is 99% Smile so that 115 guy is def. not military rofl.

As for the Doctors bummer man, hopefully your doctor can clear you and you can continue with your normal eval. Basically, full on physical with a super speedy half naked time with the doc one on one.

AF does extra eye exams, other than that AF is like every other branch. Cut off for AF right now is at 70(?) Used to be 50, but they don't have a lot of job openings. Here in Hawaii for two months there have been 0 job openings for people, and its quite pissy because there are about 500 recruits in line for a job...

Oh and one more thing. Army and AF got the same PT requirements at BMT. 1-1-1. AF adopted it 1.5 years ago, and you will be set to the same standard as Army.
http://www.military.com/military-fitness...tness-test

Lowest, standard for joining and the only branch actively recruiting with job openings is the Navy. Their PT qualification is lower, and so are the scores needed for their jobs.
The guy is probably talking about his GT score on his ASVAB. That is usually the base line on if someone is qualified for a certain MOS. I am 10 year+ in the Army. I would have to check my ORB, I think mine was in the 120s. Keep in mind, services operate and test differently.

I believe the last random statistic is that 2/3 of Americans are not medically eligible for service. Your recruiter will help you with getting a waiver. That is their job and are rated based on how many people they get in service. Do not let them convince you to not report pre-existing medical conditions. That would be considered a fraudulent enlistment and if found out you would be separated from service. Possibly not receiving an honorable discharge.

I wish you best of luck, if you are not cleared with waiver there are many other opportunities for civil service.
cucubelu, post: 109594, member: 15378 Wrote:Highest AFTQ score achievable is 99% Smile so that 115 guy is def. not military rofl.

Actually, the ASVAB score, which only goes to 99, only reflects how you did based on a percentage of how others did. If you got an 85, that means you did better than 85% of others who took the test. The other scores are based on composite scores of your other core scores. Basic Mechanical, Basic Technical, Basic Math, Advanced Technical, and others I cannot remember. Many of those have score ranges from 90 - 140ish. 110 is a basic qualifying number for many of the specialized schools in the military, especially the Army. One or two of your scores must be at least 110 (or even higher) in order to qualify to even attend the school. Airborne, Sniper, Ranger, Special Forces, Air Assault and many others all have requirements that certain of those core scores be at least 110. So, yes, he very well could be military....
[Image: 552360_101.png]
Mr.Tea, post: 109601, member: 1006 Wrote:The guy is probably talking about his GT score on his ASVAB. That is usually the base line on if someone is qualified for a certain MOS. I am 10 year+ in the Army. I would have to check my ORB, I think mine was in the 120s. Keep in mind, services operate and test differently.

I believe the last random statistic is that 2/3 of Americans are not medically eligible for service. Your recruiter will help you with getting a waiver. That is their job and are rated based on how many people they get in service. Do not let them convince you to not report pre-existing medical conditions. That would be considered a fraudulent enlistment and if found out you would be separated from service. Possibly not receiving an honorable discharge.

I wish you best of luck, if you are not cleared with waiver there are many other opportunities for civil service.
Aha, I didn't check the other branches at all, just checked it, 120-128 Army, Marines 120-128, and Navy 120-240(?) rofl.

What Tea said, plus one more thing. If they find out you have been lying after you have already been in the service for X amount of years, they can request back pay if they find you guilty in Court Martial, that dishonor plus backpay would be a bitch. Was the first thing they told us in MEPS.

But don't let that set you back at all. Remember, TELL YOUR RECRUITER everything, do not go to MEPS with new information that your recruiters has not been apart of, it will disqualify you. Make sure your recruiter are the first to know everything, and he/she will help you as much as humanly possible.
So what do I do to go to Germany and play counter strike an sims all day long,Tea?
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]