Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today I am no longer a civilian
Mr.Tea, post: 109601, member: 1006 Wrote:I wish you best of luck, if you are not cleared with waiver there are many other opportunities for civil service.

Thanks! Yes of course if i'm not gonna make it into the military I'd be in LAPD. Either that or i'd wait til a war breaks out (hopefully not will) and have all branches lower the standards again.

Yes I told my recruiter that I wanted to tell the truth at MEPS. That I do not want to lie. Guess what he did? He printed ALL NO on the medical record checklist! (@(*&!^*$%T@*!)
so I told him, when I do my physical at MEPS, i'd answer yes to all applicable. cause there will be a 2nd one right?

Double post

Masterful1, post: 109602, member: 3284 Wrote:Actually, the ASVAB score, which only goes to 99, only reflects how you did based on a percentage of how others did. If you got an 85, that means you did better than 85% of others who took the test. The other scores are based on composite scores of your other core scores. Basic Mechanical, Basic Technical, Basic Math, Advanced Technical, and others I cannot remember. Many of those have score ranges from 90 - 140ish. 110 is a basic qualifying number for many of the specialized schools in the military, especially the Army. One or two of your scores must be at least 110 (or even higher) in order to qualify to even attend the school. Airborne, Sniper, Ranger, Special Forces, Air Assault and many others all have requirements that certain of those core scores be at least 110. So, yes, he very well could be military....

Option 40 that's what I want. RASP and then Ranger school. cause I need to lead the way (or so I think >.>)

Double post

cucubelu, post: 109605, member: 15378 Wrote:Aha, I didn't check the other branches at all, just checked it, 120-128 Army, Marines 120-128, and Navy 120-240(?) rofl.

What Tea said, plus one more thing. If they find out you have been lying after you have already been in the service for X amount of years, they can request back pay if they find you guilty in Court Martial, that dishonor plus backpay would be a bitch. Was the first thing they told us in MEPS.

But don't let that set you back at all. Remember, TELL YOUR RECRUITER everything, do not go to MEPS with new information that your recruiters has not been apart of, it will disqualify you. Make sure your recruiter are the first to know everything, and he/she will help you as much as humanly possible.

Yes all that PLUS it's a felony offense. 5 years in Military Prison or a $10,000 fine or both. (bummer!)

I told my recruiter EVERYTHING! LOL. he was the one who wants me to lie at MEPS. So I told him i'd say yes on all that is applicable to me on the 2nd medical record checklist at MEPS at the start of the physical.

To be honest, i'm thinking of going to another recruiter. (they're just FAR FAR AWAY from my house)
but I don't wanna lie at MEPS just to get into the military. Integrity is part of the Army core values. may sound corny and cliché but I want to at least have that when I try to join the women's department. (no offense to tea and masterful :p )

Either way guys all three of you thanks for ALL the insights and suggestions, advices and all that. if you got more please do tell me.
I'll give you guys an update if I get lucky enough to get in or not.
KuYa: I have automatically added you on my buddy list.
Riser: fuck off
KuYa: lmfao
We are technically at war right now, and have been since 9/11.

As for your decision to tell the truth is a good idea man, just do what you feel comfortable with doing when heading in there. Be honest, and get everything down and hope that the doctor can still clear you.
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator