Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
d2 DM server -- intentional changes? [EXPIRED]
Hi guys. I've noticed some strange things on the d2 DM server in the past couple days. For one, the spawn protection times seem to have been reduced quite a bit. I'm not sure if this was intentional or if its a mishap or if I'm just trippin and it hasn't changed... but they seem much shorter to me.

Also, for some reason there are grenades all over the spawn areas (wasn't like that up until the last few days). Here's an example:
[Image: 41ffa841-470d-4182-9ddc-ce1c36762661_zps2a634a56.jpg]
^The nades seem inexhaustible, too. IMO they shouldn't be there.

Server also seems to be resetting every few hours... but I'm not complaing about that part Wink.

edit: I've also noticed some weird stuff happening with the menu, though this might be a problem on my end.

If the first time I spawn, I choose a weapon set... and then when I respawn choose a different set... next time I select "same weapons every time" and it'll give me the first loadout I chose. Sometimes it spawns me with a Scout. Sometimes I just get a random weapon and/or the menu pops back up for some reason. Again, this could be something on my end; I've been messing with my configs the last couple days. Just thought I should note it here since it's relevant.
"You don't choose the Soy Sauce — the Soy Sauce chooses you!"
-- John Dies at the End
probably. I mean if you go to crackhouse DM they have boxes on the CT spawn rooftop on the right to provide protection from spawn killing to anyone climbing that ladder from Ts and a BOX on the crackhouse rooftop to provide protection and to be able to go up that small space on top of the roof. All these are good ideas IMO cause they will not be anymore spawn killings.

idk about d2dm I haven't tried it lol
KuYa: I have automatically added you on my buddy list.
Riser: fuck off
KuYa: lmfao
Hahaha dude, I have noooo idea what you're talkin about. I don't play crackhouse Tongue
-- John Dies at the End
H0ok3r w A P3n1s™, post: 108082, member: 17690 Wrote:For one, the spawn protection times seem to have been reduced quite a bit. I'm not sure if this was intentional or if its a mishap or if I'm just trippin and it hasn't changed... but they seem much shorter to me.
The settings from crackhouse were recently sync'd onto the other deathmatch servers. Are the spawn times too short now?

H0ok3r w A P3n1s™, post: 108082, member: 17690 Wrote:Also, for some reason there are grenades all over the spawn areas (wasn't like that up until the last few days). Here's an example:
That should be fixed now.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
M. Bison, post: 108087, member: 359 Wrote:Are the spawn times too short now?
Dunno if you saw me say this on the in-game chat, but yeah, I think times are too short. I can elaborate if you missed my comments.

M. Bison, post: 108087, member: 359 Wrote:That should be fixed now.
Gracias! The nade-spamming down long and whatnot was pretty weak.

Double post

Ok, so everything seems back to normal now, settings-wise. Or at least pretty close. I feel like the spawn protection time is just a sliver too short.. by like 0.5, maybe 1 second. But it's not a big deal; I can get used to it.

Something really weird just happened today. About ~30 minutes ago my ping was normal, hovering around 70. Then all of a sudden, my ping jumps up to 130 and remains there, constant... and now its gone up to 160. I had just rejoined the server, and had reset my router prior to logging on... so I don't think it's something on my end.

I mentioned the issue in-game and someone else mentioned the same thing happening to them. It doesnt seem to be affecting the gameplay too much, but it's strange. Maybe worth looking into.

Other than that, server is great! And it's been pretty populated the last few days.. I hope it stays that way Smile

Double post

Update: Having played there for a while now, I can say with certainty that the spawn protection time is significantly lower than it used to be. It's not that big of a deal, though.. as long as you're not a total noob, it's still long enough Tongue
-- John Dies at the End