Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kick/Ban-happy admins?
Alina, post: 111264, member: 18175 Wrote:I've kind of noticed kicking and sometimes banning is rampant with some admins. I don't see it often, but when I do it's pretty bad.

Do you agree with this? If I were admin, I'd do a votekick/voteban, not just go straight to kicking because they make me angry or whatever.

I Honestly disagree, as the only one doing rampant ban's atm is myself, as the ZM Server pro's are "at war" with one another reporting each other for breaking the rules constantly[Refer to my profile, it seems to be the ZR Hub as of late 0.o]
[Image: 0iLGJVx.jpg]
KINGKONG, post: 111281, member: 17997 Wrote:A government never ask wat punishment should they give if a person is found guilty of breaking laws. Likewise, admins dnt need to ask for vote if a player is found guilty of breaking the rules. If it's besides breaking rules, then another way Smile (my opinion)

And most importantly, kick/ban doesnt make an admin HAPPY... we are also players who like to play together like everyone....but jst dnt break the rules. That's why we always GIVE WARNING to the ccertain player before any kind of punishment is implemented. Smile

When someone says "ban happy" it does not mean that they are literally happy. It means that they are going on a banning spree. The only admin that I see that is even remotely strict is eZ Target, and even he's very tolerable. (I have been an admin before and I know what goes on.)
Danielle Murillo (May 24, 1996 ~ April 21, 2014)

"Nothing lasts forever, at least we got these memories. & if I ever go away, I'll love you always"

[Image: 1483035_101.png]
We are players first. It is someone else's actions that force us to put on the mantle of Admin. We just want to play and have fun, but a certain level of behavior is required. By the same token, certain behaviors are NOT tolerated, and each Admin can interpret different rules differently. FOR EXAMPLE : On Minigames, some Admins look the other way when at the end of a multigame round, one person has won the gun, they kill off all but a friend of theirs, who is on the opposing team. Then, they pass the gun to their friend and the friend mows down everyone on the opposing team. This is stat padding, and, in my opinion, a violation of map/mission objectives. I DO punish for this. Some Admins do not. While this may send mixed messages, I don't only SOMETIMES enforce this, I ALWAYS enforce it. People on Minigames know that as long as the rules are followed, I can take a joke, am usually good for some easy kills, and have a good sense of humor while being just another player. The Admin mantle can be put on for a number of reasons, Alina. You may not be aware if a certain player has caused problems in the past and is being punished, not only for current behavior, but also showing a pattern of rule breaking.
[Image: 552360_101.png]
CDawg #MurilloStrong
, post: 111292, member: 18171 Wrote:
When someone says "ban happy" it does not mean that they are literally happy. It means that they are going on a banning spree. The only admin that I see that is even remotely strict is eZ Target, and even he's very tolerable. (I have been an admin before and I know what goes on.)
NO ONE said 'ban happy'... SOMEONE said 'happy admins' Smile anyway cheers Smile

I assume non of the admin is on banning spree until and unless the particular player is TOO TROUBLESOME (spammer/ rule breaker) and has been known to admin abt his past behaviour. I, personally, play normally in most of the server (i warned before i enforce the admin power). but there are some cases,player who kip breaking the rules even they were punished before (or recently). In such case I dnt think i need to warn again.
BUT if u see any admin beyond such cases, whom u think it's admin abuse, LIKE Riser said, report in admin abuse section.
[Image: 76561198086824360.png]
[Image: 1063972_101.png]

KINGKONG, post: 111304, member: 17997 Wrote:NO ONE said 'ban happy'... SOMEONE said 'happy admins' Smile anyway cheers Smile

I assume non of the admin is on banning spree until and unless the particular player is TOO TROUBLESOME (spammer/ rule breaker) and has been known to admin abt his past behaviour. I, personally, play normally in most of the server (i warned before i enforce the admin power). but there are some cases,player who kip breaking the rules even they were punished before (or recently). In such case I dnt think i need to warn again.
BUT if u see any admin beyond such cases, whom u think it's admin abuse, LIKE Riser said, report in admin abuse section.

You're right, my mistake. I could have sworn that I saw ban happy admin somewhere in this thread.

With all of this put to the side, I'm positive that if there were such an admin that was banning and kicking constantly without it being justified, there would have been multiple threads about him/her. Because there are none of these threads present with no names specified, it leads me to wonder if there really are any admins that fit your description.

"Nothing lasts forever, at least we got these memories. & if I ever go away, I'll love you always"

Riser, post: 111274, member: 992 Wrote:When admins ban people, they usually do it as an admin and not a player. They need to put their feelings aside. That's how I've always dealt with people.
Yeah, bans should only be dealt with good reason--emotions and personal beef has to be set aside. There are players that I dislike, but I don't ban them unless a ban is warranted (I've only ever banned one player, and it was because I saw him hacking on another server [had demo]); likewise, I have friends who play in our servers, and if they break the rules, I punish them just the same... can't show favoritism. I usually just use in-game admin powers like beacon, slap, slay, and gag/mute/silence, and always warn/ask the player to stop beforehand. Most players get the message Smile.

I don't like to kick/ban because it discourages people from playing on our servers, and/or pushes them to play elsewhere. It's hard enough getting the servers filled, so I don't think anyone would abuse powers in that way.
"You don't choose the Soy Sauce — the Soy Sauce chooses you!"
-- John Dies at the End
CDawg #MurilloStrong, post: 111305, member: 18171 Wrote:You're right, my mistake. I could have sworn that I saw ban happy admin somewhere in this thread.

With all of this put to the side, I'm positive that if there were such an admin that was banning and kicking constantly without it being justified, there would have been multiple threads about him/her. Because there are none of these threads present with no names specified, it leads me to wonder if there really are any admins that fit your description.

I'd ban CDawg every day if I could. That guy gets on my nerves. o_O
Wicked, post: 111553, member: 17472 Wrote:I'd ban CDawg every day if I could. That guy gets on my nerves. o_O

This guy Wicked is the worst player ever. All he does is try to hit on me and ask me where I live.

CDawg #MurilloStrong, post: 111555, member: 18171 Wrote:This guy Wicked is the worst player ever. All he does is try to hit on me and ask me where I live.
why he need to ask ur living place ? is he planning to bombard ?Big Grin
[Image: 76561198086824360.png]
[Image: 1063972_101.png]

I'm about to fuck his shit up. He won't even know what hit him.