Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Approved  1 Day ban, but last games of the year
Note: The "do not be provocative" rule becomes exceedingly easy to violate when emotions begin flaring. This almost always occurs when opinions differ from that of other users. If this is the case with you, try to justify your position objectively by explaining the rational behind it. An easy way to do that is by posting a complete analysis of provided evidence containing specific references to ticks, etc. Keep all your posts objective. If you begin to notice your emotions slipping with anything particularly questionable in your post, anything at all which can potentially be interpreted provocative, then it's a good indication to stop and distance yourself from the thread.

-Bison (from the rules)

The reason I was banned is said to be that I was being "racist" (keyword)
Lets define racism according to merriam-webster: a belief that [/url]race is the primary [url=https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/determinant]determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

In the chat log it is clear that I never used derogatory names for races and that I was not verbally using these derogatory words either.
I can only assume that someone mistook my name as a racial remark.

Names I used in order: (please check)
1. I HURT SOME PUSSY FEELINGS
2. bk's skills
3. trailerparkboys
4. Enfant autiste
5. baguette spectrum
6. finesse monkey IQ
7. finesse Purple KoolAid
8. Not Even Trying
9. YAMETE!
10. RealRecklezz

Explanation of all of them:
1. The Final name i took after being kicked by admin - i might be flaming a slight bit but no racism inherent to this
2. The second name I took after being kicked by admin - I said it after a close call by bk barely missed it. - no racism
3. The first name I took after being kicked by admin, more or less because I was told by a spec to change my name, and in the heat of the moment I did. - no racism there
4. The name I used prior to getting kicked by admin - I used it because I was being called a "dumbass" so I might as well own up to their words, sort of like how I name myself I'm Trash when im doing bad. I used french because I tried finding something that would be aesthetically pleasing and I happen to know french not fast enough to speak but the fundamentals. - no racism there
5. The name is a rush more or less, like an unfinished version of number 4 (the baguette came to mind because I keep seeing the baguette picture in the forums) - no intended racism there.
6. Building blocks for what would become the french version, I thought of this one as a sort of line of thought, went from the purple koolaid, a reference to lean which seems to correlate with lack of intelligence therefore came to conclusion of Monkeys, closely related to humans. -no intended racism here
7. another building block, this one has clear indication of origin, I saw finesses picture and saw the lean, perfect start, I said. I continued down the train that would eventually lead to this ban. - no racism there, although someone could definitely confuse it for racism, since it involved finesse, should of kept the name out, but would have probs changed nothing in the end (regard to the ban).
8. not part of the game in question
9. not part of the game in question
10. not part of the game in question

Non of these names were intended to induce racial sentiment and were taken out of context when most likely used to reason a ban.

all in all, I was going for an aesthetically pleasing play on words that they were giving me. I took them and wanted to turn them into my own. Along the way many confusions are clear and clarification is needed.

Please note that the most confusing of the bunch are there before the kick which means a kick and explanation would have sufficed, obviously more extreme measures were used.

I made this explanation with no emotion behind it (I do not intend for this to seem provocative) and my only reason for wanting to appeal the ban, is so that I can play this final weekend before I leave for winter break (of which I will not be online) I appreciate it if you take the objectivity of the appeal into consideration.

Thank you for your time.
Ok,

Ive adjust the time on your ban.

Thanks for the post.

Enjoy.
Big Grin
(Dec 11 2016, 05:23 AM)Bill Nose Wrote: Ok,

Ive adjust the time on your ban.

Thanks for the post.

Enjoy.

I give a perfectly reasonable explanation and you refuse to understand my POV. At least you took the time to read the report before submitting a response, however slightly passive-aggressive it may be. A simple rejection of the appeal would have sufficed. No worries. I, however, would like to know the reason for the extension if its not too much to ask. I would like an objective view on the subject as well, please. Thanks

Respectfully,
RealRecklezz
The ban has been removed.

I've issued a separate ban for circumventing !ignore through name changes: https://servers.war-lords.net/bans/54546
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol