Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks recklezz, faggot.
(Feb 26 2017, 09:58 PM)Ben- Wrote: Captain should of remained a thing, but map would be voted, captain = for side or first pick
The only benefit to captains is it being a fun minigame. The RWS system is overall better. If transparency over teams is improved and the buddy system refined to be more user-friendly, then people will be able to actively modify teams prior to readying up, since they could immediately see the impact of +b/+f. This would tie up the last big criticism of the system. Once that is done, we could potentially introduce minigames of some kind during warmup (while waiting for people).
[-] The following 1 user Likes M. Bison's post:
   CaliSnipe
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
(Feb 26 2017, 10:13 PM)M. Bison Wrote: The only benefit to captains is it being a fun minigame. The RWS system is overall better. If transparency over teams is improved and the buddy system refined to be more user-friendly, then people will be able to actively modify teams prior to readying up, since they could immediately see the impact of +b/+f. This would tie up the last big criticism of the system. Once that is done, we could potentially introduce minigames of some kind during warmup (while waiting for people).

The only benefit ? It doesnt apply to all players, but for a high rws player, captain meant at least 1 or 2 players i wanted on my side.

Buddy system only made easier for clans or teams to stack a side. With captain if i wanted to pick som1 i know who is decent but isnt a friend, i could, now i need to buddy every single decent players around to get better chances at getting decent players.

If RWS ever held meaning, its because its based (in part) on adr, there is a lot of 8-10 rws players id pick over 10-12 rws any day, there is 12-14 rws players id pick over 18-20 rws any day, captain let you chose who you knew were better (fuck adr, rws and stats), cant with rws balanced (Captain was rws balanced anyway, so no chances at stacking crap from a rws point of view).

But now, ive played in 2 days, at least 4-5 times vs complete clans (or teams), or nearly complete with at least 3-5 players with same tag, whats up with that ? That would rarely ever happen with captain.
(Feb 26 2017, 10:41 PM)Ben- Wrote: With captain if i wanted to pick som1 i know who is decent but isnt a friend, i could, now i need to buddy every single decent players around to get better chances at getting decent players.

If RWS ever held meaning, its because its based (in part) on adr, there is a lot of 8-10 rws players id pick over 10-12 rws any day, there is 12-14 rws players id pick over 18-20 rws any day, captain let you chose who you knew were better (fuck adr, rws and stats), cant with rws balanced (Captain was rws balanced anyway, so no chances at stacking crap from a rws point of view).
I'm not sure what you're suggesting is even a good thing. Why is giving a single individual the opportunity to subtly stack teams a desirable feature? Did you read my post at all? The proposed changes are meant to directly address this type of problem and criticism. Improved team transparency w/ a user-friendly buddy system makes it easier for people to manipulate the teams during the ready up stage. Everyone will have the opportunity to manipulate the resulting teams now (similar result to map vote).

(Feb 26 2017, 10:41 PM)Ben- Wrote: But now, ive played in 2 days, at least 4-5 times vs complete clans (or teams), or nearly complete with at least 3-5 players with same tag, whats up with that ? That would rarely ever happen with captain.
What's wrong with people playing with their friends? It may stack a little because better familiarity with play styles may improve coordination, but why is that bad? Their matches will simply get harder as their RWS improves.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
Being able to pick 1 or 2 players you want to play with isnt a stack at all.

3 to 5 players from the same clan/team on the same side is (whatever the skill level, because teams are rws "balanced").

"I'm not sure what you're suggesting is even a good thing. Why is giving a single individual the opportunity to subtly stack teams a desirable feature?"

" It may stack a little because better familiarity with play styles may improve coordination, but why is that bad?"

So "stacking" a bit on an individual level is bad ? And clearly stacking at a collective level is good ? Confused

Anyway on a realist point of view you dont even need to argue with me, most good players reduced their activity or left the server in the last months, so what im explaining applies to a very narrow number of players now Sad

Still cant get around the idea, that the whole system was switched because of 1 troll.
Removing captains is complete bullshit, what does this lead to? The same maps being played over and over.

1) The new players only know dust 2 - that's all they'll vote for
2) RWS balance isn't good, one game it'll be fair, the other it won't be fair.
3) Captains has been on this server for what..2 years? Why remove it now?

The thing is whenever the PLAYERS on the server say something we are attacked, oh "the change is good" "only thing that has changed is the captains rounds"

No, that's not the only thing that has changed, many of the old players have stopped playing on WL Servers - doesn't that say something? Only people who are not upset about this change are people who just started playing on WL.
i think this is great.