Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US PUGS: Buddy System and Team Selection
The buddy menu shows up prior to readying now. While the menu is open, the "people needing to ready" panel on the right hand side is replaced with a "Your Team" panel [ss]. This panel shows what your team will be if everyone readies and starts the pug. However, these teams are not confirmed until the game starts and may change as people buddy and foe each other.

Keep in mind the following:

+buddy's effect is stronger than +foe. The effect of +buddy/+foe is also 4x stronger if it's mutual between players. Additionally, if you have someone !ignore'd then it's the equivalent of using +foe against the player (it doesn't stack).

The resulting teams will always have an RWS difference of no more than 4.0. This means it's a bad idea to +buddy every high RWS player and +foe every low RWS player (you'll end up getting one of them anyway). The system's purpose is to primarily trade players with similar RWS.

A few tactics can be employed to get the teams you want:

Two high RWS players can try to get on the same team by using +buddy on each other, +buddy on low RWS players, and +foe against medium-tier players.

If you strongly want to play with a friend, then it's possible you may have to +buddy someone you hate in order to make it happen. This is because the only combination which is RWS balanced may require both players on your team (your friend and your enemy).
[-] The following 1 user Likes M. Bison's post:
   Kobe
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
So does the ready up time change as a consequence of this or do we have to buddy fast enough to not get spec'd out?
(Mar 03 2017, 07:56 PM)RealRecklezz Wrote: So does the ready up time change as a consequence of this or do we have to buddy fast enough to not get spec'd out?
No changes to ready up time. I've tried to make the buddy menu as streamlined and user-friendly as possible. You'll need to rush the team changes before you're spec'd out.
(Mar 03 2017, 07:39 PM)M. Bison Wrote: The buddy menu shows up prior to readying now. While the menu is open, the "people needing to ready" panel on the right hand side is replaced with a "Your Team" panel [ss]. This panel shows what your team will be if everyone readies and starts the pug. However, these teams are not confirmed until the game starts and may change as people buddy and foe each other.

Keep in mind the following:

+buddy's effect is stronger than +foe. The effect of +buddy/+foe is also 4x stronger if it's mutual between players. Additionally, if you have someone !ignore'd then it's the equivalent of using +foe against the player (it doesn't stack).

The resulting teams will always have an RWS difference of no more than 4.0. This means it's a bad idea to +buddy every high RWS player and +foe every low RWS player (you'll end up getting one of them anyway). The system's purpose is to primarily trade players with similar RWS.

A few tactics can be employed to get the teams you want:

Two high RWS players can try to get on the same team by using +buddy on each other, +buddy on low RWS players, and +foe against medium-tier players.

If you strongly want to play with a friend, then it's possible you may have to +buddy someone you hate in order to make it happen. This is because the only combination which is RWS balanced may require both players on your team (your friend and your enemy).

Well, i dont have to counter argue anything, The Bison already did my job, gj padawan and good initiative  Exclamation
(Mar 03 2017, 07:58 PM)M. Bison Wrote:
(Mar 03 2017, 07:56 PM)RealRecklezz Wrote: So does the ready up time change as a consequence of this or do we have to buddy fast enough to not get spec'd out?
No changes to ready up time. I've tried to make the buddy menu as streamlined and user-friendly as possible. You'll need to rush the team changes before you're spec'd out.

Can you include the players rws when looking up the buddy system?
(Mar 04 2017, 08:19 AM)RealRecklezz Wrote: Can you include the players rws when looking up the buddy system?
I'll ask people for input in a week or so when they have become familiar with the system. If there's sufficient interest in it, then I'll probably add it.
I love what bison did with this new setup.
[-] The following 1 user Likes _nme's post:
   Drago
(Mar 05 2017, 07:57 AM)_nme Wrote: I love what bison did with this new setup.
Same, a lot of players enjoy it now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Drago's post:
   Deadplanet