Poll: What type of competitive events you want ? Show Results
Option 1 Doing a mix between a ladder and a regular league season.
6 33.33%
Option 2 Doing 1 tournament for each weather seasons like it was planned
1 5.56%
Option 3 Doing 10 mens every weekend
6 33.33%
Option 4 Doing a rotation of draft/normal mini-tournaments every 2 weeks or month.
5 27.78%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CSS Competitive Choices.
I think a ladder is the best competitive option for wL. A ladder has nice flexibility and requires much less admin work than does a league or tournament, because the various team captains can just challenge each other and organize most of the details on their own. This also allows flexible match scheduling so we will actually be likely to find a time for the matches. The tourneys are hard because one match depends on another and so if you get one scheduling conflict it can fuck the whole thing up. Ladders, on the other hand, don't have this problem since a team can be challenged by multiple different opponents and the order the games are played in doesn't really matter.

I also think the ladder is nice bc it allows rosters to be flexible. The thing that makes any of these options difficult for wL is that the player pool is so small and many people don't play regularly. With a ladder rosters could be constantly changing but as long as you keep something like 3 of the starters in the team together they can be allowed to keep their ladder spot. Once the roster no longer has at least 3 of the original starters they would have to start back over at the bottom of the ladder (or something like that).

The ladder system could also operate completely in parallel to a tournament system since they are not mutually exclusive.
Option 5: Caillou runs the tournament.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snooch's post:
   tardbus
(May 23 2018, 04:02 PM)Snooch Wrote: Option 5: Caillou runs the tournament.

He tried.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CaliSnipe's post:
   Snooch
What's clear for now is that people dont wanna keep doing the old receipe, tournaments following weather seasons only got 1 vote.

Option 1 got 6 if including the posts
Option 3 got 6
Option 4 got 5

So it's a fight between option 1 and 4, cause option 3 can exist same time as the other 2.

I hope more people will vote/post to distinguish a clear winner pretty soon, cause pugging start getting really dull.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ben-'s post:
   rookoo
bumpty dumpty
I think we should start the 10 men comp every weekend asap.
Once ppl start getting  a hold of the whole comp scene we can start  the ladder system implementation
[-] The following 3 users Like Crusader's post:
   Ben-, johnnyboi212, thecorbittt1
(May 28 2018, 01:44 AM)Crusader2806 Wrote: I think we should start the 10 men comp every weekend asap.
Once ppl start getting  a hold of the whole comp scene we can start  the ladder system implementation

Like ASAP.
[-] The following 1 user Likes johnnyboi212's post:
   Ben-
(May 28 2018, 03:48 AM)johnnyboi212 Wrote:
(May 28 2018, 01:44 AM)Crusader2806 Wrote: I think we should start the 10 men comp every weekend asap.

Like ASAP.

I need at least a whole month to wrap up the fragmovie and be done with it (ill try not to play much before its done).

I only got confirmation of COMP stats being a thing if we are doing a league/ladder, ill have to ask bison to implement it at some point (optimally, before any competitive events).

Let's hope it wont do like last time we tried or the 10 rws servers before COMP stats is implemented.
once i get this payout from workers comp i am going to get myself a new pc. watch out for jesse. from 8 rws to 9 rws here i come baby!
As your leader i will not force you to give up relationships and play cs instead, that's on you. if i gotta push you to play the game u want to make a living out of, then this shit aint for you.