Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Amount of Ragequits
[Image: Too-Damn-High.jpg]

THE AMOUNT OF RAGEQUITS IS TOO DAMN HIGH

It has been for a while. Im sure we can all think of some names of players who do it.

There is absolutely no reprecussion for leaving a pug theses days. Sure there is the 1 day deterrent ban for leaving without a sub, but what about when there are subs and pugs become unbalanced?

People can leave a pug with decent stats after a couple rounds, say 10+ rws, and then more often than not pugs become unbalanced.

When will there be a real reprecussion for leaving a pug?

People have said that in ESEA when a player leaves a game before the match is over...the rest of the rounds played, that player recieves 0 rws (or something along the lines of that). How about implementing this ESEA rule, or whatever the actual rule is, to further deter players from leaving pugs. This would prevent pugs from becoming unbalanced sorta like how the veto https://war-lords.net/forum/thread-16833...light=veto would have prevented pugs from becoming unbalanced.

Maybe even institute ragequits as a stat, so we can see how often someone leaves a pug so we can shame them. Yes, RQ shaming.

Something needs to be done. It happens to often, and is annoying in a team based game.

Think about using that ESEA rule as well the shame stat, and/or post some of your other suggestions here.

sift
[-] The following 3 users Like sift's post:
   Ben-, Jesse W., Spiderfreak
(Jul 28 2017, 01:12 AM)sift Wrote: Maybe even institute ragequits as a stat, so we can see how often someone leaves a pug so we can shame them. Yes, RQ shaming.

Heart Heart Heart
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jesse W.'s post:
   sift
As your leader i will not force you to give up relationships and play cs instead, that's on you. if i gotta push you to play the game u want to make a living out of, then this shit aint for you.
Wheter its RQ or going AFK, it happens to often, and something needs to be done to stop it!
On ESEA they also had a karma system, in which you would lose karma points from leaving (among other things).

Once you were at a certain level of -karma, it would ban you for a week or 2 to warn you to change behavior.

We could implement something similar (in my opinion), just replace the karma system by "team spirit points" or something.

+0.50 per completed pugs without leaving, +0.25 if balancing a pug by joining in

0.00 if left with a sub (without unbalance)

-0.50 if left with a sub (with unbalance) -1.0 (if left without sub).

Anyone having -5 points = banned 1 week. At -10 2 weeks. At -15 1 month. Etc.
[-] The following 5 users Like Ben-'s post:
   Crusader, Drago, QueenCrazy, Riser, Spiderfreak
(Jul 28 2017, 07:08 AM)Ben- Wrote: On esea they also had a karma system, in which you would lose karma points from leaving (among other things).

Once you were at a certain level of - karma, it would ban you for a week or 2 to warn you to change behavior.

We could implement something similar (in my opinion), just replace the karma system by "team spirit points" or something.

+0.50 per completed pugs without leaving, +0.25 if balancing a pug by joining in

This idea sounds great
All you need to do is use different colors to highlight to get  Bison attention Wink Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Crusader's post:
   Jesse W.
Done Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ben-'s post:
   Jesse W.
(Jul 28 2017, 07:08 AM)Ben- Wrote: On ESEA they also had a karma system, in which you would lose karma points from leaving (among other things).

Once you were at a certain level of -karma, it would ban you for a week or 2 to warn you to change behavior.

I like it and agree on doing this but I guess anythings fine with me for the most part :p but I do really like this ^_^
[-] The following 1 user Likes QueenCrazy's post:
   Spiderfreak
Hi Big Grin
-Crazy
ESEA had no shortage of players. Banning for a week or weeks at a time will likely cause the playerbase to shrink. Players will seek out other source servers to play on to get their fix during the ban period, and at that point it'd just be a flip of a coin of whether they'd choose to come back to war lords or not
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jesse W.'s post:
   CaliSnipe
As your leader i will not force you to give up relationships and play cs instead, that's on you. if i gotta push you to play the game u want to make a living out of, then this shit aint for you.
(Jul 28 2017, 07:08 AM)Ben- Wrote: On ESEA they also had a karma system, in which you would lose karma points from leaving (among other things).

Implement both because people mostly just care about their stats. It'd be very interesting to see everyones actual rws and not an inflated score you can easily get in a few rounds.
(Jul 28 2017, 07:37 AM)Jesse_Watters Wrote: ESEA had no shortage of players. Banning for a week or weeks at a time will likely cause the playerbase to shrink. Players will seek out other source servers to play on to get their fix during the ban period, and at that point it'd just be a flip of a coin of whether they'd choose to come back to war lords or not

It would only shrink if people keep their old habits within a new system, for the first few weeks.

+ there is multiple less dickish way to bump your stats up without killing the fun of any1 else involved, I'll make a thread about that today for any statswhore interested.