Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound Setting
I set the ingame speaker configuration to = Speaker 5.1 but it will defaultly changed to Headphones whenever I restart the game. Heres a picture about my sounds setting in the config. Is there anything that I need to change?

Attached Files

Thumbnail(s)

CS: Source doesn't have 5.1 setting, I know because my motherboard supports 7.1.

Unless you're talking about CS:GO?
Just Go With IT. √

Why are you even looking here? scroll down if you can.
(Dec 02 2017, 10:02 AM)Sibrox Wrote: CS: Source doesn't have 5.1 setting, I know because my motherboard supports 7.1.

Unless you're talking about CS:GO?

Im sure its CS:Source.

Attached Files

Thumbnail(s)

i use 7.1

[Image: Im6Ysg0.png?1]

do you have a speaker system that support 5.1?
[Image: Photo%20collage-climate%20scenarios-glob...k=rcowMNf5]
(Dec 04 2017, 03:34 PM)Cassini Wrote: i use 7.1

[Image: Im6Ysg0.png?1]

do you have a speaker system that support 5.1?

Do I really need a speaker system that support 5.1? Because other games works ok.
No I am using 2.1 and it works just fine
Just Go With IT. √

Why are you even looking here? scroll down if you can.
--navigate to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\cfg

--open up config.cfg with notepad and look for windows_speaker_config

this thread says:

"windows_speaker_config 1 NOTES: Allowed values: -1 / 1 / 3 / 4 / 6 -1: Default (2 Speakers) 1: Headphones 3: 4 Speakers 4: 2 Speakers 6: 5.1 Surround"

--either modify the config.cfg file directly (copy and paste a version before you modify it just in case something gets screwed up) or make a new .cfg file in the \cstrike\cfg folder titled autoexec.cfg and add windows_speaker_config "x" x being the number you want as seen from above and save it.

--the commands in the autoexec.cfg folder will get sent to the game every time it is launched. this is preferred over messing with the config file, i believe.

--make sure when saving the file in notepad to file>save as>save as type:All Files and then add the .cfg to the end of the file name replacing .txt. make sure you don't end up with autoexec.cfg.txt. that won't do anything for you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jesse W.'s post:
   dealiyo
As your leader i will not force you to give up relationships and play cs instead, that's on you. if i gotta push you to play the game u want to make a living out of, then this shit aint for you.
Thank you very much! I really do appreciate the help.