Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resolved  ruplayer admin abuse
From what I see here, this situation is a joke. What information isn't available here that would make this look like an intelligent conflict?

My summary of what I see here is that OwnageHN joined his preferred team (or possibly a random team, I can't tell from the information) and was banned for doing so.

I think you guys are getting way off topic. I have no idea what the cause for the ban was and there's certainly no additional information being introduced.

Edit:

I just discovered this in SourceBans:

Quote:Italy, ownage is hardly joining T's, I switched him to ct, because the game was really unbalanced and we started losing people. He reconnects and joins T again, I switch him back to ct, then the same thing over and over... I switched him 5 times and all 5 times he was waiting in spec till T will have available spot for him(it was stacked). Then I did vote "ban ownage for 1 hour for team stacking?" and received 25 yes vs 5 no, because all players have seen me switching him 5 times... This guy's always stacking teams with a few others.

I have to ask the question: why don't you just move someone else to balance the teams rather than flood users with team switching messages? Also, I can't imagine how horribly unbalanced the game must have been if only one player could give the T's a 100% win ratio, but not give CT's a 100% win ratio when moved over. What is going on here?

This is starting to make some sense, but I do think this has been blown way out of proportion.
Anubis Wrote:From what I see here, this situation is a joke. What information isn't available here that would make this look like an intelligent conflict?

My summary of what I see here is that OwnageHN joined his preferred team (or possibly a random team, I can't tell from the information) and was banned for doing so.

I think you guys are getting way off topic. I have no idea what the cause for the ban was and there's certainly no additional information being introduced.

Edit:

I just discovered this in SourceBans:

Quote:Italy, ownage is hardly joining T's, I switched him to ct, because the game was really unbalanced and we started losing people. He reconnects and joins T again, I switch him back to ct, then the same thing over and over... I switched him 5 times and all 5 times he was waiting in spec till T will have available spot for him(it was stacked). Then I did vote "ban ownage for 1 hour for team stacking?" and received 25 yes vs 5 no, because all players have seen me switching him 5 times... This guy's always stacking teams with a few others.

I have to ask the question: why don't you just move someone else to balance the teams rather than flood users with team switching messages? Also, I can't imagine how horribly unbalanced the game must have been if only one player could give the T's a 100% win ratio, but not give CT's a 100% win ratio when moved over. What is going on here?

This is starting to make some sense, but I do think this has been blown way out of proportion.

I think the main problem here is people always wanting to join the winning team... and when Admins, take action to even the teams, players try to rebel, and rejoin the game, or rejoin the stacked team.
Was kind of waiting for you here Anubis... Yes in this particular situation, switching over one person that normally have 5:1 KPD for stacking teams was really gonna balance the game in general. If I switch 2-3 people, game will auto balance 1-2 of them back to the stacking team and this action wont affect the game....

I have 3 counter questions for you:

1)Why should I switch 2-3 average people that I always see in random teams instead of a teamstacker?
2)Why do we have a "ban for team stacking" option in our admin menu?
3)Do you ever play this game?

Good morning...
Ownage is a good player. But I don't think he should be picked on for that reason. People still play the game dispite being on a loosing team. There might be whining, but that happens regardless.

If there is major problems with the team, you shouldn't single out one person. Usually team switching should include more than one person. Typically when I start using team switch to try and even out a playing field, I'll try to choose 2 to 3 persons per team to switch. Taking one or two top players along with some mid to lower and mixing it up. That way no one person can feel singled out in the process of team switching.

I think what would be nice is having an admin command that will mix up teams. Smile Just randomly switch a bunch of players, according to stat or whatever, but I've always wished for a "mix" teams switch command. hehe.

I'm sorry you two are having this problem. It sucks being a guy that gets singled out on a server, but also, from an admin view, we're trying to help the rest of the players enjoy their time on the server as well. People like to win, it keeps em motivated. Now if Ownage doesn't want to switch teams and team stack or be an awp wh0re, I really think that's his personal preference. We can't try to rule over how a person plays. But that's my opinion.
[Image: 127101_602.png]
Spiffywerks Wrote:I think what would be nice is having an admin command that will mix up teams. Smile Just randomly switch a bunch of players, according to stat or whatever, but I've always wished for a "mix" teams switch command. hehe.

Yes this would be great.
In TF2 some servers that I used to play on have a votescramble plugin that would mix up the teams. I personally liked this plugin, so why can't we have for CSS. At least as admin command to start-off then maybe make it vote-able like voteban.
[Image: 140332_101.png]
The votescramble command is amazing and allows for a great degree of variability, the only places the command falls short is the fact it will not adjust teams accordingly, and the fact that it kills off one of the more important features of the game, the ability to play with your friends.

On the issue, I'll not take sides, but I will say that I agree with Spiffy on the fact that switching the top player is typically not the best choice. I try to either switch myself or 2-3 of the regulars around in any effort to shift around teams. My reasonings are this
1) You never know who might be playing with a friend, or teaching a friend.
2) Switching the top player won't do much, unless both teams are terrible. It's never the work of one individual, but a group of skilled players working together. Much like a scrim, score doesn't mean jack, it's the successful push of certain players that allows for the gappage in their defense.
3) If a player shows a preference to a certain team, I usually won't switch em back, because they either want to play on that team because it allows them to have fun, or they have friends on that team they want to play with.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
I think ruplayers reasoning was that OwnageHN was team stacking on a map that is heavily tilted towards Terrorists already.
If you read this, you suck.
This thing has a name, and it is "ruplayer admin abuse", You may want to create some other topic for "team stacking" discussions, or some other "admin abuse" topic, but I disagree with a fact that I abused admin powers, and one hour ban was made for team stacking and ignoring admin. If he would have protested team switching instead of joining back 5 times to the same team and ignoring admin, we probably would have discussed it, but for now I found "team stacking" reason in admin menu and banned him for ONE HOUR for ignoring me and stacking team. So asking root admins, please close this topic and pronounce verdict. Thank You!
ruplayer Wrote:This thing has a name, and it is "ruplayer admin abuse", You may want to create some other topic for "team stacking" discussions, or some other "admin abuse" topic, but I disagree with a fact that I abused admin powers, and one hour ban was made for team stacking and ignoring admin. If he would have protested team switching instead of joining back 5 times to the same team and ignoring admin, we probably would have discussed it, but for now I found "team stacking" reason in admin menu and banned him for ONE HOUR for ignoring me and stacking team. So asking root admins, please close this topic and pronounce verdict. Thank You!

The fact that you singled me out is abuse of your admin powers.  Banning me for the wrong reason is also abuse of your admin powers.  Like I said before, I was not stacking the team if I'm the first person to join it.  It is logically impossible to do so.

I don't think ruplayer should lose his admin privileges.  I kind of like the Russian dynamic he adds to the community.  I made this thread because I was "singled out/picked on" by being slayed, the only one force team switched while I was alive during the warm up round for "team stacking," and then banned for an illogical reason through an intentional biased method (#1 choice as yes).
[Image: 0:3304193_css.png]
OwnageHN Wrote:
ruplayer Wrote:This thing has a name, and it is "ruplayer admin abuse", You may want to create some other topic for "team stacking" discussions, or some other "admin abuse" topic, but I disagree with a fact that I abused admin powers, and one hour ban was made for team stacking and ignoring admin. If he would have protested team switching instead of joining back 5 times to the same team and ignoring admin, we probably would have discussed it, but for now I found "team stacking" reason in admin menu and banned him for ONE HOUR for ignoring me and stacking team. So asking root admins, please close this topic and pronounce verdict. Thank You!

The fact that you singled me out is abuse of your admin powers.  Banning me for the wrong reason is also abuse of your admin powers.  Like I said before, I was not stacking the team if I'm the first person to join it.  It is logically impossible to do so.

I don't think ruplayer should lose his admin privileges.  I kind of like the Russian dynamic he adds to the community.  I made this thread because I was "singled out/picked on" by being slayed, the only one force team switched while I was alive during the warm up round for "team stacking," and then banned for an illogical reason through an intentional biased method (#1 choice as yes).

While you may or may not have been singled out, in the event in question. I can assure you, you are not the only one who gets team switched... Just the only one who did, and refused to cooperate, and then got punished to only then come and complain about it on the forums.

Ruplayer has already stated that the voteban was not needed or used to punish you. He only did it to see what the communities’ opinion of the situation was.