remove the map
26 61.90%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cs_assault on popular maps
I agree with ruplayer:-D
[Image: mrpa43.png]
I, The Rival Wrote:Replace Aztec with de_losttemple_pro I think, because it's a lot better map. More balanced and more fun Smile Remove Assault completely I say.

I like this idea as well.

Only played it a couple of times, but it's very fun and refreshing.
If you wanted, I could edit the maps to make them more balanced.
[Image: 76561197977275857.png]
[Image: 76561197984123363.png]
[Image: 15116_101.png]
Easy solution! Remove assault from all servers and create 24/7 assault server so we can keep all the garbage there...
Mr.Tea Wrote:80% of the server voted yes to map change.  That's a larger majority.
I already explained why that is, it doesn't mean that assault was illegitimately chosen:
keger Wrote:Here's what's happening: usually a map never gets more than half the votes during a mapvote, so it'll end up being something like:
- assault (7 votes)
- italy (5 votes)
- office (5 votes)
- other maps (1 or 2 votes each)

This means that even though assault is the map with the most votes (so it's very logical it gets chosen) it doesn't get more than 50% of the total votes. So then when an admin launches a vote asking "do you want to change the map?", evidently more than half the players will vote "yes" (even more so when the choice is conveniently in first position...). But guess what? The same thing would happen on any other map.
You can launch a map vote on ANY MAP, it will NEVER end with "Extend map". Never, ever.

Mr.Tea Wrote:When the map choices were dust, assault, italy, extend map (assault was #1 or #2 choice)  they had no choice and is usually the case when assault gets chosen.
Then obviously they didn't want another map bad enough to nominate it within 17 minutes of playing on the previous map.
Also, you wouldn't have tried to change the map if dust or italy would've been chosen. That means you think assault is the worst, then saying "they had no choice" because the other maps were "dust and italy" is a lie.

Mr.Tea Wrote:Once people start typing rtv I can propose a new map vote if that gets a majority, then I can do a map vote, and the map changes.
Why don't you just let people rtv then? The players can change the map on their own if enough of them want to and rtv, no need for an admin here.
Also, check the logs: you launched the mapvote directly. We stayed on assault for less than a minute and there was only one vote before the map changed.

I, The Rival Wrote:I agree. Barely anyone reads the map vote, most people just hammer 1 so that the thing disappears off the screen and they can go back to noobing out lol.
Which is exactly why "Extend map" didn't get chosen in Mr.Tea's mapvote on assault.

Bottom line: I'm sure many people like assault, and a mapvote can almost be considered admin abuse. If people really hated assault that much then it would get rtv all the time, and that's obviously not the case since the admin needs to intervene.
keger Wrote:Bottom line: I'm sure many people like assault, and a mapvote can almost be considered admin abuse. If people really hated assault that much then it would get rtv all the time, and that's obviously not the case since the admin needs to intervene.

Well said.
(° ‿ ° ✿)

[Image: EternalReaper.png]
[Image: 2hmjw44.png]

The only reasons people pick Assault is so they can play as Ts and point boost hardcore, or because they hit 1 on mapvote and Assault is the top one.

Okay, I don't actually believe that, but it's a bad map as it stands, and I've never heard anyone say "Assault is my favourite map". This is POPULAR maps, after all.
If you read this, you suck.
I, The Rival Wrote:I've never heard anyone say "Assault is my favourite map"
Well, assault is definitely one of my favourite maps because I'm always CT and as a result winning is a lot more gratifying than on some other maps.

At least I like it a lot more than aztec (where you only have access to a tiny fraction of the map if you're T and your team camps) or dust2 (nothing wrong about this map, it's just chosen so often I always think "AGAIN???" everytime I see it).
Just keep the map lol
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: 74pkdcefk45p0ob8e76j.gif]
[Image: 164962_208.png]
keger Wrote:
I, The Rival Wrote:I've never heard anyone say "Assault is my favourite map"
Well, assault is definitely one of my favourite maps because I'm always CT and as a result winning is a lot more gratifying than on some other maps.

At least I like it a lot more than aztec (where you only have access to a tiny fraction of the map if you're T and your team camps) or dust2 (nothing wrong about this map, it's just chosen so often I always think "AGAIN???" everytime I see it).

assault is my favorite too because it gives a great challenge for pro players, about dust 2 keger, there is a reason that there is a server #10 dust 2 24/7, so it means it's popular