Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computer issue!
If the graphics card/mobo port was bad the motherboard usually does some beeps to say it can't detect it. In this case the fans usually still spin up. My money is on a bad motherboard/PSU.
The symptoms suggest a failed power supply -- it sounds like one of the rails has failed. If a replacement unit doesn't solve it, it could very well be the motherboard. CPUs very rarely fail, however that would be my third guess.

Any other failed components would still allow the CPU fan to spin, provided they are properly connected, which I would assume they were prior to opening the case.
Your computer's broken...Get a new one
I need to get a life.
Matt Wrote:If the graphics card/mobo port was bad the motherboard usually does some beeps to say it can't detect it. In this case the fans usually still spin up. My money is on a bad motherboard/PSU.
That really depends on the damage to the graphics card. If you were to say, damage one of the gpu memory modules, then it'd probably still power on fine. However, you'd probably either see lots of incomprehensible symbols all over the screen, or a big black/gray plume of smoke coming from your computer case. At which point, it's probably safe to say you fried the mobo too. Smile

Anubis Wrote:The symptoms suggest a failed power supply -- it sounds like one of the rails has failed. If a replacement unit doesn't solve it, it could very well be the motherboard. CPUs very rarely fail, however that would be my third guess.

Any other failed components would still allow the CPU fan to spin, provided they are properly connected, which I would assume they were prior to opening the case.
Yeah, it's probably the power supply or mobo.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
I think Lunar gone to Antactica
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: 74pkdcefk45p0ob8e76j.gif]
[Image: 164962_208.png]
I actually had something simular happen one time. I had a power supply go bad on me. It had power going to most of the components but one of the lines was dead. I would start with that. If you don't have a spare PSU that you can put in there and test, there are some computer stores that will test yours for you.

Hopefully that is it. It will be the easiest/cheapest to fix.
[Image: scary-cat-100.jpg]