Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I suggest a lower PING LIMIT???
I'm more worried about players who have high loss/choke than those who have high latency and ping. The players who skip around the map do so not because of latency or ping but rather because of high loss/choke.  :o
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
wow Rank 1 knowpain
keger Wrote:A few minutes ago an admin was telling players to fix their pings (they had ~300) on the Popular Maps server. If there truly is a ping limit it should probably be enforced automatically by the server imo.

Oh, and when I said his ping was fine and pointed out the numerous threads about this on the forums, sn0w replied "what about you let me decide what's acceptable on MY server you f**** ******" :o

Wait, what admin was this?
If you read this, you suck.
Oops.  Broken record double post.  Rival he says who in that quote silly billy.  At least he is correlating it.
I warn and kick people all the time for teleporting, usually with the reason being "fix your teleporting."  High ping is fine as long as you aren't warping all around.
[Image: 76561197977275857.png]
[Image: 76561197984123363.png]
[Image: 15116_101.png]
Mr.Tea Wrote:Oops.  Broken record double post.  Rival he says who in that quote silly billy.  At least he is correlating it.

I didn't read it. Now I know Smile
keger Wrote:A few minutes ago an admin was telling players to fix their pings (they had ~300) on the Popular Maps server. If there truly is a ping limit it should probably be enforced automatically by the server imo.

Oh, and when I said his ping was fine and pointed out the numerous threads about this on the forums, sn0w replied "what about you let me decide what's acceptable on MY server you f**** ******" :o

If that's the case then it really should be implemented. I've ran into a ton of people today glitching across the map with nearly 400-700 ping. It's just not one person. It's usually a whole group of people. I understand it's an international server but honestly there are people who connect from the same area with lower ping. It really does disrupt game play and is quite aggravating. I also understand where you guys are coming from when you say "There would be less people", but there will be more satisfied people who can enjoy their favorite server without any disruption. My two cents from someone you've never seen before on the forums ^_^.
bdank Wrote:

If that's the case then it really should be implemented. I've ran into a ton of people today glitching across the map with nearly 400-700 ping. It's just not one person. It's usually a whole group of people. I understand it's an international server but honestly there are people who connect from the same area with lower ping. It really does disrupt game play and is quite aggravating. I also understand where you guys are coming from when you say "There would be less people", but there will be more satisfied people who can enjoy their favorite server without any disruption. My two cents from someone you've never seen before on the forums ^_^.

Funny, lots of the time I see people with ~100 ping, and still skipping across the map. You know why? Well, it's because of rates, rather than latency. If your rates are set accordingly, then you should have no trouble. It's peoples rates not being set that causes their lag, rather than their ping. Lowering the ping limit wouldn't fix skippy people.
I, The Rival Wrote:
bdank Wrote:

Funny, lots of the time I see people with ~100 ping, and still skipping across the map. You know why? Well, it's because of rates, rather than latency. If your rates are set accordingly, then you should have no trouble. It's peoples rates not being set that causes their lag, rather than their ping. Lowering the ping limit wouldn't fix skippy people.

What are the ideal rate settings?
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
I, The Rival Wrote:
bdank Wrote:

Maybe I should post a screen shot sometime of 13+ people have 400+ latency =\. Yeah rates could possibly be another thing but when I see people skipping around I always check latency first and that's usually the case. You're right about people having -100 ping and still skipping around, that's just terrible internet and needs to be resolved. I also have to change my rates from 67 (Guessing server settings) to 100 every time I go into the Awps server.

tl;dr Rates could be the issue.