Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server Lag/Choke
Hey War-Lords,
    First I would like to thank you for such a fun gaming community, but there is a serious issue with your servers. It has been rumored that it's a possible DDOS attack on them, but I think the bigger and more likely possibility is that the machine running all of them can't handle the amount of traffic. Correct me if I am wrong, but all of your servers are on one machine? With high amount of people (which is great) they just can't support it. There is constant lag and the choke is ridiculous. It has become impossible to play. I realize hosting can be quite expensive, but can we at least look into resolving these issues? It could be as simple as removing some of the admin automated scripts...

faCeti0us
[Image: 180605_101.png]
SRCDS is single threaded, and the each server has 4 cores (8 with hyper threading). So running 8 servers on one machine doesn't make any processing power difference than running 6 or 4.
Counter-Strike: Source
War-Lords.net Public Clan: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/W-L/

Contact xFerior (me) for more information on the Public Server clan.

[Image: 2evxipy.jpg]
We've got multiple dedicated servers not one. All of the 24/7 servers are located on a different dedi than the one which hosts pop maps, etc. The load average on our dedicated servers has rarely exceed 2.0 (which is 50% cpu utilization since we've got 4 cores). We've had several large spikes in downstream (80mbps+) over the last few days which suggests that we've been hit by several large UDP DDoS attacks. It could also be that your lerp and other client side settings are misconfigured which as a result can cause lag and bad reg.

I'll talk with Matt about upgrading our network links to render these DDoS' attacks useless.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
Thanks for looking into it Smile
[Image: 180605_101.png]
dear WAR-LORDS.NET,
i got banned like a month ago.. but im here because i did anything WRONG to get banned, so i would like to play again on WAR-LORDS - MINI GAMES again...
Thank you..  D.R.U.N.K//K.I.L.L.E.R
D.R.U.N.K//K.I.L.L.E.R Wrote:dear WAR-LORDS.NET,
i got banned like a month ago.. but im here because i did anything WRONG to get banned, so i would like to play again on WAR-LORDS - MINI GAMES again...

oh i remember you from mini games, i remember you started to spin 360 and then you got banned by console...
that's sad ;(
also I started a topic after you got banned http://war-lords.net/suggestions/a-spin ... /#msg22942
D.R.U.N.K//K.I.L.L.E.R Wrote:dear WAR-LORDS.NET,

http://war-lords.net/protests/ this is section where you protest your ban.
Yeah ! these day so lag to me...............idk why
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: 74pkdcefk45p0ob8e76j.gif]
[Image: 164962_208.png]