Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I don't even think I'm admin material and I'm older than you!
silly Wrote:
Mawped Wrote:I fail to understand why 13 is too young.

Some reasons why 13 is too young for illegal type drugs.

#1: 13 is an age at which an individual is still quite ignorant and naive, and so, far less likely to make well informed decisions about things like drugs. Such a person is likely to be very impressionable/ easy to influence (especially by older friends/family) into making unbalanced judgements (In which they are not fully aware of the true disadvantages or advantages related to the use of various drugs).

#2:  A thirteen year old's brain is far from being fully developed, and this critical development has strong potential to be distorted/negatively effected by the use of certain drugs (Cannabis is known to damage brain cells).

Edit: woops wrong thread.

#1&2 I believe that only works for most of them, but NOT ALL...

on ur 13th age, schools will be where you want to focus ur attention the most...
if u fail on ur school, thats it man, most of the time ur life will be ruined<< ive seen this experience from a couple of my friends in the past...
and at ur 13th age, u like to have some fun, and once u get it, u'll forget about other things most of the time...
Im not sayin that he will abuse that admin power or sth, but sometimes when u are having fun with ur friends on the server, u can cross the line and didnt even realize it..
maybe u could like slap ur friend for jokes, but if ppl that dont know anythin just saw that, there could be a huge misunderstanding.. thats only 1 example..

well, the final decision is not on me, but on the root admin.. im just giving my opinion in this matter, and if in anyway my opinion hurts u, i apologize for my behaviour
nah..........young isnt an issue
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: 74pkdcefk45p0ob8e76j.gif]
[Image: 164962_208.png]
Knowpain Wrote:nah..........young isnt an issue

hmmm :-X
-VeeL.xyLoneZ` Wrote:
silly Wrote:

#1: 13 is an age at which an individual is still quite ignorant and naive, and so, far less likely to make well informed decisions about things like drugs. Such a person is likely to be very impressionable/ easy to influence (especially by older friends/family) into making unbalanced judgements (In which they are not fully aware of the true disadvantages or advantages related to the use of various drugs).

#2:  A thirteen year old's brain is far from being fully developed, and this critical development has strong potential to be distorted/negatively effected by the use of certain drugs (Cannabis is known to damage brain cells).

on ur 13th age, schools will be where you want to focus ur attention the most...
if u fail on ur school, thats it man, most of the time ur life will be ruined<< ive seen this experience from a couple of my friends in the past...
and at ur 13th age, u like to have some fun, and once u get it, u'll forget about other things most of the time...
Im not sayin that he will abuse that admin power or sth, but sometimes when u are having fun with ur friends on the server, u can cross the line and didnt even realize it..
maybe u could like slap ur friend for jokes, but if ppl that dont know anythin just saw that, there could be a huge misunderstanding.. thats only 1 example..

well, the final decision is not on me, but on the root admin.. im just giving my opinion in this matter, and if in anyway my opinion hurts u, i apologize for my behaviour

Thanks for replying to my post, but unfortunately I made a mistake and posted this in the wrong thread. I was talking about 13 year olds and drugs, not 13 year olds and Admin applications.

But I think you have some good points, 13 year old people are usually quite immature and irresponsible. I know I was Wink
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
silly Wrote:
-VeeL.xyLoneZ` Wrote:
silly Wrote:

Thanks for replying to my post, but unfortunately I made a mistake and posted this in the wrong thread. I was talking about 13 year olds and drugs, not 13 year olds and Admin applications.

But I think you have some good points, 13 year old people are usually quite immature and irresponsible. I know I was Wink

Key word : Usually.

Silly: Just because somebody is young doesn't mean that they are immature and irresponsible. Admin applications should not be based upon age, but rather upon the morals, maturity, and intelligence of the applicant. For example, I would much prefer a thirteen year old kid who understands his role in the wL community as an admin/mod than somebody older who may be more prone to make bad decisions. Just because you are young doesn't mean you can't make the right decisions.

xylonez: School is important, yeah, and I agree that time should be spent to keep up good grades. But that doesn't necessarily mean that an applicant won't have enough time to fulfill their duties. Also, abuse of admin power could happen to any admin of any age, but the way I see it is that admins are there to keep the game fun. If an admin wishes to slap a friend for fun, it is perfectly fine as long as it doesn't affect anybody's gameplay experience negatively. And I have yet to see where a situation like that would create a huge misunderstanding.

That being said, it is generally true that younger people are more irresponsible, I agree with you guys there. But still, age shouldn't play any factor in whether or not he obtains admin. Two years ago, when I was thirteen, I was the admin for a small-sized gun game community, and the use of my admin powers never created any problems, so I don't see why thirteen would be too young for the wL community, which is full of great people and admins (although the server reg hates me D: ).

And this isn't necessarily a recommendation for Dreams, as I don't know him. It just upsets me when people base someone's ability to get a job done by their age.
You can put your opinion as to why you think he shouldn't be a mod, but try not to bash on him.
(° ‿ ° ✿)

[Image: EternalReaper.png]
[Image: 2hmjw44.png]

Mawped Wrote:
silly Wrote:
-VeeL.xyLoneZ` Wrote:
silly Wrote:

Key word : Usually.

Silly: Just because somebody is young doesn't mean that they are immature and irresponsible. Admin applications should not be based upon age, but rather upon the morals, maturity, and intelligence of the applicant. For example, I would much prefer a thirteen year old kid who understands his role in the wL community as an admin/mod than somebody older who may be more prone to make bad decisions. Just because you are young doesn't mean you can't make the right decisions.

xylonez: School is important, yeah, and I agree that time should be spent to keep up good grades. But that doesn't necessarily mean that an applicant won't have enough time to fulfill their duties. Also, abuse of admin power could happen to any admin of any age, but the way I see it is that admins are there to keep the game fun. If an admin wishes to slap a friend for fun, it is perfectly fine as long as it doesn't affect anybody's gameplay experience negatively. And I have yet to see where a situation like that would create a huge misunderstanding.

That being said, it is generally true that younger people are more irresponsible, I agree with you guys there. But still, age shouldn't play any factor in whether or not he obtains admin. Two years ago, when I was thirteen, I was the admin for a small-sized gun game community, and the use of my admin powers never created any problems, so I don't see why thirteen would be too young for the wL community, which is full of great people and admins (although the server reg hates me D: ).

And this isn't necessarily a recommendation for Dreams, as I don't know him. It just upsets me when people base someone's ability to get a job done by their age.

That was quite well said mawped. You're right, young kids aren't always irresponsible, and some have the ability to make fair judgements. You must have been pretty mature as a 13 year old, I probably would have made a terrible admin.

"You can put your opinion as to why you think he shouldn't be a mod, but try not to bash on him."

It appears that none of us are trying to bash him, we're just reasoning.
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
I agree with the age doesn't always match the maturity level. I have seen alot of 13 year olds act more mature than some people that are much older. So the age thing is not always the best judge of this, but the actual way that the person acts while in game.

Just MHO.
[Image: scary-cat-100.jpg]
YOu gUy DoNt tHiNk 13 cAn rUn On tHe strEet in nude ?
which mean 13 also a human >.>
13......12 blah blah blah can do everything if they have a true abillity  Tongue
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: 74pkdcefk45p0ob8e76j.gif]
[Image: 164962_208.png]