Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypocrisy Curiosity
So in playing on the WL CS:S servers I notice that hackers are banned, as they should be, for wallhacking, aimbot, no recoil, whatever else there is.  This makes sense since hacking in online games is pathetic, unethical, disruptive, lame and the cheaters are only cheating themselves. 

Then I come on these forums and notice a place where people post hacks for starcraft and warcraft?  There's maphacks specifically stated to work in ladder play.  Why encourage/enable people to cheat in one game and ban them for it in another?  Is it just when it negatively affects yourselves that it bothers you?  I can't be the only one to have noticed this hypocrisy.  If you're ok with cheating in principle, why not make a CS:S server that allows it?  Have 1-2 hackers on one team, and 15-20 legit players on the other.  I wouldn't play on it, but at least it'd be less hypocritical of WL.
The term "hack" is used by Blizzard to describe any 3rd party program that changes the game at all. It doesn't mean what you think it means. Just have a look at one :

http://war-lords.net/starcraft-bw-hacks ... n-v4-0-6f/

I don't really know much about Starcraft or whatever. But these types of hacks look less serious that the ones we have in CS:S. In SC, it just looks like a bunch of scripts that makes your life easier by making you not have to do the monotonous grind of playing an RTS made by Blizzard (constantly clicking the same button over and over). I can only imagine that the grind in the game is worse than WoWs level grind.

Also you kinda answered your own question. It's a different game. If we had CS:S hacks hosted on here, then we'd be hypocrites.
If you read this, you suck.
Battle.net/starcraft is not a system that we host, maintain, or have ban privileges on as I understand it. Essentially just information about a external system vs. a community and server that we are trying to nurture. I'm sure if we had any ability to control battle.net we probably would try to dissuade hacking, but we don't. If the hacks pissed off every member of the starcraft community here I'm sure they would be gone from the forum yet this is the only objection to them I can recall. That is not the case with csConfused however where hacks make nobody want to play on the server.

I don't really support it, but it is pretty much different people that play starcraft than csConfused so it's not so much hypocrisy as two completely sets of rules for mostly unaffiliated groups of people. You can't apply the same rules to every game.

csConfused != starcraft != minecraft.
"Most people think time is like a river, that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you, they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm."
SC hacks > CS:S hacks
(° ‿ ° ✿)

[Image: EternalReaper.png]
[Image: 2hmjw44.png]

There's maphacks for starcraft and warcraft in that forum.  A maphack in those games is like a wallhack in CS.  The hypocrisy is that admins ban disruptive cheating assholes on the CS servers but enable people to be disruptive cheating assholes on other games.

Naive said 'If the hacks pissed off every member of the starcraft community here I'm sure they would be gone from the forum yet this is the only objection to them I can recall.'

Do you think there is anyone here that plays CS:S, that also plays SC2 and wouldn't mind facing a maphacker in the ladder when they aren't also using maphack?
Schlacko Wrote:There's maphacks for starcraft and warcraft in that forum.  A maphack in those games is like a wallhack in CS.  The hypocrisy is that admins ban disruptive cheating *******s on the CS servers but enable people to be disruptive cheating *******s on other games.

Naive said 'If the hacks pissed off every member of the starcraft community here I'm sure they would be gone from the forum yet this is the only objection to them I can recall.'

Do you think there is anyone here that plays CS:S, that also plays SC2 and wouldn't mind facing a maphacker in the ladder when they aren't also using maphack?

I play CS:S and SC2, I wouldn't like 1v1ing a map hacker.  :-\
(° ‿ ° ✿)

Well Eternal, is it not possible, nay, probable that you could play a SC2 ladder game against a maphacker who got their hack from this very site?  It could even be a person you know from these CS:S servers with a different name.
I miss the SC days of owning a map hacker.  Always was a lot of fun.  They see everything and still lose.
Schlacko Wrote:Well Eternal, is it not possible, nay, probable that you could play a SC2 ladder game against a maphacker who got their hack from this very site?  It could even be a person you know from these CS:S servers with a different name.

Of course.
(° ‿ ° ✿)

Schlacko Wrote:There's maphacks for starcraft and warcraft in that forum.  A maphack in those games is like a wallhack in CS.  The hypocrisy is that admins ban disruptive cheating *******s on the CS servers but enable people to be disruptive cheating *******s on other games.

It's because we hate Blizzard, so we don't care.

Valve > Blizzard.
If you read this, you suck.