Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server Plugin / Map Suggestions!
(Aug 11 2017, 08:33 AM)RealRecklezz Wrote: I think I'm going to nominate the return of some old classics.

-de_prodigy - would be nice to have back (when I won captains it wasn't in the pool)
-de_tides - This map is pure classic, both balanced and aesthetically pleasing.
-de_chateau - This map is pure gold. Brings back memories from the old rotation in '09.
-de_port - a cult classic if you will. All I can say is... DANK!
-de_piranesi - nice map, really enjoy its fulfilling moments.
-de_arcate_release - map I found that gives a piranesi/cobble vibe but neater.
-de_greene - gives the prodigy vibe and could really ad a fresh feel to the servers.
Take these into consideration, they're likely awesome additions to the pool.

I agree witch Recklezz and think more maps would be fun.  Prodigy, Tides, Chateau, Piranesi would be fun to play once in a while, and I think it Aztec also should be added.  Port is a terrible map and it should die, and idk about the other two.  Sure some of these maps are heavily balance or not the most competitive, but they still can be fun to play sometimes if you're feeling something different.  When Ballast and Cevo_Hazard got added they got played a lot for a while and it did annoy some people, but now they rarely get picked and it really isn't a huge issue.  I agree that we want to try to avoid having a lot of troll maps that people are going to pick and that will kill the pugs, but it's annoying not even having the option to play these maps if you have a pug full of people just looking to have fun and do something new (which also isn't that rare).

Idk if it would be possible to add these maps, but make them come up less often in voting or something?  Another idea would be that you could add something like a !nominate feature that people can use in warm-up to nominate atypical maps into the rotation for voting, which would either 1) boost those maps to the front page of the voting menu so that are more likely to get chosen, or 2) add a map to the map-pool for the net map vote which isn't part of the standard rotation, and we could make these 'troll' maps only available if nominated (maybe by more than one person).

Idk how much work any of that would take to set-up, but just a thought.  Definitely would like to see some of these maps on the server though.
(Aug 12 2017, 05:54 PM)woKe Wrote:
(Aug 11 2017, 08:33 AM)RealRecklezz Wrote: I think I'm going to nominate the return of some old classics.

-de_prodigy - would be nice to have back (when I won captains it wasn't in the pool)
-de_chateau - This map is pure gold. Brings back memories from the old rotation in '09.
-de_greene - gives the prodigy vibe and could really ad a fresh feel to the servers.

I agree witch Recklezz and think more maps would be fun.  Prodigy, Tides, Chateau, Piranesi would be fun to play once in a while, and I think it Aztec also should be added.  Port is a terrible map and it should die, and idk about the other two.  Sure some of these maps are heavily balance or not the most competitive, but they still can be fun to play sometimes if you're feeling something different.  When Ballast and Cevo_Hazard got added they got played a lot for a while and it did annoy some people, but now they rarely get picked and it really isn't a huge issue.  I agree that we want to try to avoid having a lot of troll maps that people are going to pick and that will kill the pugs, but it's annoying not even having the option to play these maps if you have a pug full of people just looking to have fun and do something new (which also isn't that rare).

Idk if it would be possible to add these maps, but make them come up less often in voting or something?  Another idea would be that you could add something like a !nominate feature that people can use in warm-up to nominate atypical maps into the rotation for voting, which would either 1) boost those maps to the front page of the voting menu so that are more likely to get chosen, or 2) add a map to the map-pool for the net map vote which isn't part of the standard rotation, and we could make these 'troll' maps only available if nominated (maybe by more than one person).

Idk how much work any of that would take to set-up, but just a thought.  Definitely would like to see some of these maps on the server though.

Or to make those kind of maps available only every 5 maps once its picked once ?

To prevent having exotic maps 2-3-4-5 times in a row to prevent pug killing attempts.

But 1 time is often enough to make a pug die.
(Aug 12 2017, 06:20 PM)Ben- Wrote:

Or to make those kind of maps available only every 5 maps once its picked once ?

To prevent having exotic maps 2-3-4-5 times in a row to prevent pug killing attempts.

Yeah 1 time can definitely kill a pug at times, it is quite annoying.  Maybe we could put these maps and maybe even a few other more exotic maps on Server 4 if it isn't being use as a 11+ RWS only anymore, so people can test them otu there and if there are any that peopel really liek we can add to rotation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes woKe's post:
   Ben-
(Aug 12 2017, 06:25 PM)woKe Wrote:

Yeah 1 time can definitely kill a pug at times, it is quite annoying.  Maybe we could put these maps and maybe even a few other more exotic maps on Server 4 if it isn't being use as a 11+ RWS only anymore, so people can test them otu there and if there are any that peopel really liek we can add to rotation.

this should be done with every map, not just the exotic ones

something like going tuscan, mill, tuscan, mill can get quite boring
(Aug 12 2017, 08:05 PM)sift Wrote:
(Aug 12 2017, 06:25 PM)woKe Wrote:

this should be done with every map, not just the exotic ones

something like going tuscan, mill, tuscan, mill can get quite boring

it was the worse when they added a 3rd mill map, mill tuscan mills back to back ! omfg
One map that would definitely be great to add though would be this port of CSGO's de_overpass

http://gamebanana.com/maps/187375

Overpass is a fun map and great for competitive, would really add another nice map to the rotation. many people would already know it because of GO.
I'm for overpass as well. I didnt see it there when I looked over some gamebanana maps. The mill tuscan thing is pathetic, they're all these jerkoffs wanna play. Bunch of dust2 kiddies are gonna hate on having my maps added. So sad that good old rotations are gone, just like good old fashioned traditions in the real world.

Anyways, we got more than one for those maps I previously mentioned. Add please.
Yes, agree, add please. And Overpass!
I reckon the snow version of dust 2 has ran its course. People in pugs enjoyed it at first pretty much unanimously, but now there is a resounding “Winter is over, bring back the regular dust 2” when matches start and dust 2 has been selected. Great addition, but time to switch back, no?
(Jan 23 2019, 02:52 PM)wil.son Wrote: I reckon the snow version of dust 2 has ran its course. People in pugs enjoyed it at first pretty much unanimously, but now there is a resounding “Winter is over, bring back the regular dust 2” when matches start and dust 2 has been selected. Great addition, but time to switch back, no?

are you fucking retarded? its January 23rd, please tell me how exactly winter is over. it was in single digit temperatures across the eastern seaboard on Monday