Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resolved  Ban Appeal
i agree , this has evidence of wall hack . the shot behind the door in the hall was obvious . you had no reason to check tat spot  specially when there was a ct already in .
[Image: 21abvjs.png]
I, The Rival Wrote:It wasn't just the door one, it was the one where you go out of your way to kill 2 guys who are being completely silent camping outside snowman. You go the exact same route each time, and only seem to differ where you look when there is someone there. You even look through the ceiling at some guy, decide to run all the way around to outside snowman so that you can come up ladder and kill him.

What's more interesting is that you also decided to get a new account and evade your permanent ban rather than protest here :

http://wls.gameme.com/player_histories/chat/365667

i used my laptop. i didnt evade anything. and i didnt even play for more than 5 min on my laptop. and i guess i got my copy of CSS banned

And I'm guessing the only reason that you came here to protest was because you were eventually IP banned for evading the original ban.
After reviewing the demo, there appears to be only one suspicious instance (near the end with the 2 at the snowman). I would say this is hardly enough to be conclusive.

I will ask that the admins who have already expressed their opinions review the demo again and notice that even in the "most suspicious" scene, the player appeared completely unaware of the second terrorist at the location. I'll also ask another root administrator to take a look as well.
I'd have preferred a longer demo since so little of it actually shows him playing. If I were to take a best guess at what kinds of hacks could explain the behavior he shows, then it would probably be some sort of esp/wall hack or radar hack and possibly no-smoke. The demo shows the player aiming fairly accurately at enemy targets when partially submerged in smoke, however, this was not the case when he was fully submerged. This behavior is actually expected since our anti-cheat plugin does not send enemy coordinates when they are fully submerged in smoke. Furthermore, I could not account for his erratic playing behavior through sound alone. The two lucky kills seem quite unlikely in such a short span.

Verdict: Undecided

Anubis Wrote:even in the "most suspicious" scene, the player appeared completely unaware of the second terrorist at the location.
Firstly, he seems to have a habit of consistently reloading after every single shot. Secondly, if he were using radar hack, then it's very much possibly that he wasn't aware of the second terrorist because the icon for the second terrorist wasn't visible a bit later due to the first terrorist covering it on the radar/minimap.

Then again, I could just be over analyzing things.  :-\
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
positive for wallhack imo

player is not skill to use foot steps, hear movement and radar based on his movements.
So now we have (1) Jr. Admin, (3)Admins and (1) Sr. Admin - positive
                        (1) Root Server Admin and (1)Admin - negative
                        (1) Root Server Admin and (1)Admin - undecided
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy32bO-gocI[/youtube]

I'm more with Bison on this one, he's using radar, you can shoot people through smoke if you can see their positions on the radar, if enemies are close to each other you can explain why he was unaware of the second enemy. How can you find a better proof of radar cheat? It's nearly impossible. He shouldn't be unbanned. Player is also not very skilled, and maybe he walled, but he did use radar/wall plug-in for sure.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter-Strike?#Cheating

Look at ESP(link above). Im pretty sure that explains the shooting through smoke but I completely leave it to the admins to decide. This is just my opinion.
A more in-depth analysis from myself:

A radar hack does seem more likely than any other similar type of hack. However, the demo shows he does miss a lot of enemies that should show up on radar and are even playing the footstep audio. A lot of the smoke shooting seems to simply be spraying. In one case where he turns to his right to shoot down the hall, he could probably have seen his teammates on radar and determined the approximate location of the enemy from the gun flashes in the smoke. There was also a scene where he locked onto the guy around the corner, but from what I could see, the terrorist's weapon appeared to be sticking out, visible, in addition to his movement-stopping point being a common one. Around tick 15500 (I think) where he shoots the terrorist to his right after he passes through the doorway -- while I have no way of confirming this, I would suspect that he could see the enemy on radar via his teammate in the corner.
Demo is inconclusive of wall hacking in my opinion after viewing it myself. Demo is fishy at best, and not enough to assume this individual is wall hacking, and to ban him for it.
Quite obviously using an ESP hack. The fact is, I made Hostage hide in several different places in that demo, to see if he'd go out of his usual route enough to get the easy kill. That guy behind the door when he turns around? Yeah, that's Hostage. One of those guys above snowman? Yeah, that's Hostage.

We were watching him for so long, he only ever alters his route when he knows (knows due to ESP hack) that there is someone around the area he walks. We noticed it when he looked through the ceiling at a guy, then went underneath, around to snowman and up the ladder so he could pick him from the other side. I then asked Hostage to hide somewhere in that area to see if he'd go out of his way to get the kill, as I suspected he was using an ESP hack. Sure enough, each time Hostage hid in the area that SprayJay would usually walk through, SprayJay would go out of his way for the kill.

Sure, you can question the morals of how I orchestrated this ban, but the fact is he was dying so quickly each round from :

a) relying so heavily on an ESP hack (a hack that is pretty much useless unless they are in your field of view, as all the lines and boxes just bunch together off the screen)

b) not being skilled enough to kill an enemy without having the upper hand due to hacking

, that I was unsure of the accused myself. I just wanted to test my theory, and sure enough he proved me right.

I think you can see from this demo that it's an unskilled player who is using hacks. There is no way he could have that kind of adept situational awareness whilst not being able to walk properly whilst turning. His movement is very robotic, bumping into walls and such.
If you read this, you suck.