Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
even worse lag than "usual" - popular maps 2 - 2011-10-30 @ 0200 (pacific)
2011-10-30 @ 0200 (pacific)
popular maps server 2 has completely crapped itself with lag. Every player affected. People saying things such as "89 ping and it's acting like 500."

screenshot attached.

i really wish you guys would either fix the lag or offer a way for us to help fix it. You need donations? Knowledge? Bandwidth? Let us know. The lag is terrible. I for one would rather have a constant high ping than an intermittent super high/super low ping.  Sad

Attached Files

.jpg   de_inferno0004_crop.jpg (Size: 48.47 KB / Downloads: 0)
On a side not you probably want to set your cmd rate/update rate to 66.  You appear to have it at 33.  I would probably lower your interp to .03ish.  Rate 35000ish
Yeah I was there as well but in sniper server! We timed out for a few secs then lagged and then timed out again!
I can't check the logs since I'm away, but it might have been a DoS. In which case there isn't much we can do about it.
I've witnessed the lag you speak of first hand. I'm really not quite sure what causes it. However, I've noticed that the average uptime of the servers has declined from it's previous average of like 12 days to around 12 hours. So If I were to take a best guess at what is causing these problems then it'd probably be a bad update from valve or intermittent DoS attacks. I've also disabled the SourceTV so tell me if there is an noticeable changes in the frequency of the lag spikes.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
M. Bison Wrote:I've witnessed the lag you speak of first hand. I'm really not quite sure what causes it. However, I've noticed that the average uptime of the servers has declined from it's previous average of like 12 days to around 12 hours. So If I were to take a best guess at what is causing these problems then it'd probably be a bad update from valve or intermittent DoS attacks. I've also disabled the SourceTV so tell me if there is an noticeable changes in the frequency of the lag spikes.
Sure
Mr.Tea Wrote:On a side not you probably want to set your cmd rate/update rate to 66.  You appear to have it at 33.  I would probably lower your interp to .03ish.  Rate 35000ish

i have my cmd/update at 66 and rate at 25000... maybe the weird lag spike we experienced caused the 33 in the screenshot?

if it's ddos then, well, [shrug]. Either way, thanks for looking into it and for letting me vent.
has the lag subsided?
mostly. pop 2 when down for a few min yesterday, but it might have just been my connection, but i could not see it in the !hop menus either, but sense then i have not been having any trouble.
[Image: jmchoooiumxgp4oyra5.png][Image: 4im0y2kvr2yk2v2nr7.png]

http://war-lords.net/flamez/matt-4838/m ... n#msg34895
^^^^ Click and say Thank you to the guys who keep
this shit going.NOW^^^^

naive Wrote:I've fallen asleep cuddling a laptop before, don't judge me.
I've been noticing a few weird things lately. For example, on the server browser 24/7 Dust2, 24/7 Office, Popular Maps #1, and Deathmatch do not report any map at all.  :o