Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions or solve my problem.
Well i use mylaptop top play CS:S. But recently im lagging so bad, my internet is fine and i have no clue what's going on with my laptop. If you might know something that can help me, please let me know.

*The thing is that i can't buy a new laptop right now, but if you don't think there's a solution to my problem please suggest me some laptop, BUT NOT TOO EXPENSIVE.

Thanks
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]
One of the most common causes of lag are TSR's (Terminate & Stay Resident) programs.... These are those little pain-in-the-ass things that install on your computer, and automatically start with Windows, and you can't seem to find any way to turn the damn things off....  Usually, they are a service of some type (Services section of Control Panel)...  Honestly, if u aren't sure what ur doing, find your nearest buddy that resembles a member of 1-800-Geek-Squad, and get him to help clear your laptop of all the useless crap bogging it down....  This is just the most common issue... If this isn't it, I'll give ya some more suggestions....
[Image: 552360_101.png]
is it internet lag? or just crappy computer lag?

If its crappy computer lag, id suggest dropping the settings in options.

If its internet lag, you may wana contact your ISP and get it settled with them...
Masterful1 Wrote:One of the most common causes of lag are TSR's (Terminate & Stay Resident) programs.... These are those little pain-in-the-ass things that install on your computer, and automatically start with Windows, and you can't seem to find any way to turn the damn things off....  Usually, they are a service of some type (Services section of Control Panel)...  Honestly, if u aren't sure what ur doing, find your nearest buddy that resembles a member of 1-800-Geek-Squad, and get him to help clear your laptop of all the useless crap bogging it down....  This is just the most common issue... If this isn't it, I'll give ya some more suggestions....

I agree with this answer. Some of these programs can also use some of your network bandwidth.
[Image: scary-cat-100.jpg]
Someone might be hacking into your wireless network stealing bandwidth & other stuff too, I suggest using PSK-WPA2 as an encryption protocol and a very long Passkey.
[Image: bxj6gaq99c9hyvinfkvn.jpg]
[Image: w0l5y0.png]
I'm assuming that it didn't lag before. Throw a fresh copy of windows on your laptop, make sure network is locked down. Stop downloading torrents.
"Most people think time is like a river, that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you, they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm."
Your laptop may be overheating which is forcing the CPU and GPU to downclock in order to avoid damage. If you weren't having overheating problems in the past, then you may have a build up of dust in the laptops fan. Contrary to the laptops name, it'd be greatly advised not to actually have it on your lap since most laptops have air holes near the bottom and doing so would degrade air circulation, increasing heat/dust buildup and exacerbating the gradual damage to internal components. Additionally, most laptop components including the CPU and its thermal pad/thermal paste will degrade under normal use and overtime become more prone to overheating issues.

I would suggest installing HWiNFO32/64 and checking the sensors to see whether you do have an overheating problem. An intel CPU will begin throttling at ~90ºC and abruptly power off at ~100ºC. I don't recall when most GPUs begin their throttling, but it steeply does so at ~95-100ºC and will abruptly power off when it hits 105ºC.

If you're not having overheating issues then you're hitting some sort of a bottleneck and it could be any number of system components. A lot of background services and/or programs could bog down and hog CPU/GPU processing time causing a complete system slow down. I would suggest terminating unnecessary programs and services which are actively running. Additionally, I've noticed Windows 7 seems to randomly get system file corruptions which cripple the system and make use of the OS near impossible. If you do encounter such a problem consistently, then it may be an indication that your laptops hard drive is failing and needs to be replaced. A reformat followed by a fresh install of your OS will generally restore performance assuming your hard drive isn't at fault.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
Try mat_dxlevel 95 into console.

Fixed my super low fps problem.
M. Bison Wrote:Your laptop may be overheating which is forcing the CPU and GPU to downclock in order to avoid damage. If you weren't having overheating problems in the past, then you may have a build up of dust in the laptops fan. Contrary to the laptops name, it'd be greatly advised not to actually have it on your lap since most laptops have air holes near the bottom and doing so would degrade air circulation, increasing heat/dust buildup and exacerbating the gradual damage to internal components. Additionally, most laptop components including the CPU and its thermal pad/thermal paste will degrade under normal use and overtime become more prone to overheating issues.

I would suggest installing HWiNFO32/64 and checking the sensors to see whether you do have an overheating problem. An intel CPU will begin throttling at ~90ºC and abruptly power off at ~100ºC. I don't recall when most GPUs begin their throttling, but it steeply does so at ~95-100ºC and will abruptly power off when it hits 105ºC.

If you're not having overheating issues then you're hitting some sort of a bottleneck and it could be any number of system components. A lot of background services and/or programs could bog down and hog CPU/GPU processing time causing a complete system slow down. I would suggest terminating unnecessary programs and services which are actively running. Additionally, I've noticed Windows 7 seems to randomly get system file corruptions which cripple the system and make use of the OS near impossible. If you do encounter such a problem consistently, then it may be an indication that your laptops hard drive is failing and needs to be replaced. A reformat followed by a fresh install of your OS will generally restore performance assuming your hard drive isn't at fault.
it would be the best, surely...but here's my suggestion :
Hp Nc6000 Cheap Laptop Pentium M, 512mb, Xp, Wifi...
My laptop was overheating the other day, I took it apart and cleaned it thoroughly with a toothbrush. It's a lot easier to use compressed air, but it doesn't always get everything that well. I've taken so many laptops apart that I can pretty much dissassemble and reassemble them fully without voiding the warranty, don't really suggest you do it unless you know what your doing.
"Most people think time is like a river, that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you, they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm."