Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dust2 DM awp
I was part of the original vote to add the awp to dust2 DM, and I actually thought that it was more of a temporary vote which was the only reason I even voted for them to include the awp. I don't think it should be completely removed, but perhaps hard to get, I.E. maybe T should have to go to CT spawn in order to get one, and vice versa. It's generally easier for CT to get in to T spawn and get out (I.E. via the B route), than it is for T to get in to CT spawn and get out safely. This would also balance the map a bit more, as it's somewhat T sided (Coming from someone who admittedly plays on T more than CT). Also, what happened to the evil deagle? I see no reason why it should have been taken out, it was fun and it offered a fast way of getting around (By blasting yourself backwards).

I'm not completely against the awp, and I'm not just complaining that "it's cheap" or anything, but when every single player can easily get one, it reduces the depth of the game by quite a lot.
it's very obvious what would fix the awp monopoly and the spawn killing issue, and that's dynamic spawn points, where players spawn at different changing locations.
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
silly Wrote:it's very obvious what would fix the awp monopoly and the spawn killing issue, and that's dynamic spawn points, where players spawn at different changing locations.

I hate dynamic spawn points. Imagine having the need to watch your back every now and then.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
Spartacus Wrote:
silly Wrote:it's very obvious what would fix the awp monopoly and the spawn killing issue, and that's dynamic spawn points, where players spawn at different changing locations.

I hate dynamic spawn points. Imagine having the need to watch your back every now and then.
It's super good practice though. And a lot more fun then camping around. I think that machine gun users would have much better odds in this situation too. It'd even out the large advantage that awpers get by camping and pre-aiming at the same place. I've had a lot of players complaining about the situation as it is now, and tbh, I don't like it either. It's almost a game of who can be the most patient, or pre-aim the best places. Not to mention that once one team starts dominating, the other team gets spawn killed into oblivion from every conceivable direction. Yep there are even people flying above heads, and digging holes underneath the ground.
silly Wrote:Yep there are even people flying above heads, and digging holes underneath the ground.

Hmm, I'm wondering whether you're serious here.
George, Of The Jungle Wrote:
silly Wrote:Yep there are even people flying above heads, and digging holes underneath the ground.

Hmm, I'm wondering whether you're serious here.
Me too, but I've concluded from the available evidence, that I am in fact very serious indeed.
silly Wrote:
Spartacus Wrote:

It's super good practice though. And a lot more fun then camping around. I think that machine gun users would have much better odds in this situation too. It'd even out the large advantage that awpers get by camping and pre-aiming at the same place. I've had a lot of players complaining about the situation as it is now, and tbh, I don't like it either. It's almost a game of who can be the most patient, or pre-aim the best places. Not to mention that once one team starts dominating, the other team gets spawn killed into oblivion from every conceivable direction. Yep there are even people flying above heads, and digging holes underneath the ground.
And obviously you get into more close combat situations which means if you have a low awp skill you will mostly die againts rifles at close ranges.
[Image: 1qs5g7.png]
Tomix <3 ♥Madelaine♥' Wrote:
silly Wrote:
Spartacus Wrote:

And obviously you get into more close combat situations which means if you have a low awp skill you will mostly die againts rifles at close ranges.
Yeah, it takes more skill!
The Awp is one of the most deadly or the deadliest weapon in CSS
I kinda feel random spawns would actually be better. It get boring rushing the same place, getting awpd at the same spot over and over again, etc.