Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new pc desktop help!!!
Signa, post: 66145, member: 14884 Wrote:Came up with this pretty quick, but everything should work together. Someone might want to double check for me though.

Casing : Antec Three Hundred Two Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Extremely good budget case, should be able to hold just about anything whenever you want to upgrade later. It's an improved version of the Antec Three Hundred case, which is probably considered the apex of budget cases. Not as fancy as Fenken's case but I like cases that look simple.

Motherboard : ASRock 970 EXTREME3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Fairly standard motherboard. Nothing special, should work just fine.

Processor : AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 3.6GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor

Very good processor, outperforms most intel processors in your price range. Eight-cores is a nice plus although it will probably be years until programs take full use of all eight processors. Also, this is personal preference, as I prefer amd over intel, but for a cheaper price it performs better than the 2500k.

Graphic Card : HIS IceQ H787Q2G2M Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16

Absolute beast of a graphics card. Should be able to run any games with no problem at all.

RAM : G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

Decent, cheap RAM. Nothing special.

Hard Drive : Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Nothing special. Should hold everything you need.

SSD : OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Enough space to hold your operating system, several games and more. If you don't know, SSDs are basically really really fast hard drives but are usually very expensive. This one is pretty cheap on sale though, although OCZ probably isn't the most reliable choice for SSDs.

PSU : COOLER MASTER GX Series RS750-ACAAD3-US 750W ATX12V v2.31 SLI Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Chances are you won't even need 750W for a long time, even if you decide to crossfire. It was a pretty decent power supply for a good price though.

Total : $1001.92 with a possible $75 in mail-in rebates.
$926.92 + however much shipping is.

Should probably get a better ( reliable motherboard ), modular PSU and maybe a fancier casing.
pTK Wrote:Never a cheater, but could be a cheater, Once a cheater, less likely legiter. Ruplayer you bitter, You gotta admit everyone's a commiter.
FenKeN, post: 66146, member: 1546 Wrote:Should probably get a better ( reliable motherboard ), modular PSU and maybe a fancier casing.

The ASROCK motherboard I picked seems to be reliable. A modular PSU would be good, but getting the PSU I picked for $70 after rebate is worth the case being a bit more unorganized. Pretty lights and shiny exteriors don't mean anything to me, the Antec is one of the most popular and most acclaimed cases for its price range.
Remember, you wont be looking at the casing much.. Better buy a cheaper case and tune your machine more..
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]
DK, post: 66149, member: 3039 Wrote:Remember, you wont be looking at the casing much.. Better buy a cheaper case and tune your machine more..
I tend to disagree... This guy's wanting to put a $330 graphics card in a mid tower, I would go full tower just to be safe, and leave room for improvements later. Some of these parts are good, but could use upgrading. I'm not done with mine, that's why I built a full tower. I'm only getting started.
Miffy, post: 66152, member: 3428 Wrote:I tend to disagree... This guy's wanting to put a $330 graphics card in a mid tower, I would go full tower just to be safe, and leave room for improvements later. Some of these parts are good, but could use upgrading. I'm not done with mine, that's why I built a full tower. I'm only getting started.
Yeah, I want to buy a big case because I want a breathe room for the parts, I always read customers reviews, and I read that one guy dropped a tower and he broke his $300 graphic card o.O

Well, thank you guys for suggestions Wink
I can't quote because I'm on my phone.. I'm building a PC as well, I found big cases with 5 and plenty of space but for the half of price from the one fenken suggested...
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]
Miffy, post: 66152, member: 3428 Wrote:I tend to disagree... This guy's wanting to put a $330 graphics card in a mid tower, I would go full tower just to be safe, and leave room for improvements later. Some of these parts are good, but could use upgrading. I'm not done with mine, that's why I built a full tower. I'm only getting started.

Unfortunately, this debate is similar to AMD vs. Intel with no obvious winner. However, I doubt OP will be attempting to crossfire more than two video cards in his computer or installing an extensive liquid cooling system for extreme overclocking, so I see a full-tower as completely unnecessary. The Antec is popular because it has the potential to survive upgrades just as well as full-tower cases (those within a reasonable price range, not the $150+ ones) for much cheaper. Also, I fail to see how the graphic card-case combination creates a problem, as the 302 is designed to house some pretty large video cards. So I can't say I'm in support of a full-tower unless OP wants a little more room for organizing cables, a temperature improvement of maybe 3-4 degrees due to the extra space, or is planning on creating a supercomputer in the future. Also, for the $1000 budget, I would like to know which compromises you would make with the build I came up with. The more perspectives hakap gets, the better.
I have listed my latest build below. Considerable research proved it to be the best performance for the price at the time. While I'm not an AMD fan, I did actually consider the Zambezi, until I saw the benchmarks.

Antec Three Hundred Illusion ATX Mid Tower Case
BIOSTAR TZ77XE3 1155 ATX Motherboard
Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB DDR3-1600 Memory
OCZ Octane 128GB SATA III Synchronous Solid State Drive
EVGA GeForce GTX 570 1280MB PCI-E Graphics Card

Current Newegg Price: $928.94 (before $35 in rebates)
Newegg Budget Price: $756.94 (before $40 in rebates)

The only components I did not purchase at the time were the optical drive and power supply, which I have many extras of around here. The power supply currently in use is a simple Antec 650W.

If you wanted to cut that down to a budget PC, swap in a GTX 560 and cut the RAM to 8GB. You could even substitute an asynchronous for the synchronous SSD.
anubis, where are the links? o.O