Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
24/7 Office Server
The server has started to lag more than normal. It seems to be getting worse. Im suggesting we put scheduled automatic restarts or have an office admin do it every now and then.
[Image: FinalFantasySigSHARPEN.png]
[SourceBans] ADMIN: Banned player "Riser" for 10 minutes (reason: for being riser).
^:truestory: ask Him SO FUNNEH
For Your Own Personal Signature:
http://war-lords.net/threads/signatures-...body.8509/
Not sure about scheduled restarts as they might affect traffic. And your average admin doesn't have rcon access to restart - only the roots can restart a server.
[Image: 191457_101.png]
lin3ar, post: 69468, member: 795 Wrote:Not sure about scheduled restarts as they might affect traffic. And your average admin doesn't have rcon access to restart - only the roots can restart a server.

well, if normal admin cant do it, scheduled ones would be ideal
[SourceBans] ADMIN: Banned player "Riser" for 10 minutes (reason: for being riser).
Yeah, the office server lags regularly, usually when the server is full. I wouldn't mind a lower server limit, if it would help.
George Of The Jungle, post: 69471, member: 3094 Wrote:Yeah, the office server lags regularly, usually when the server is full. I wouldn't mind a lower server limit, if it would help.

u just scared of too many people killing u Wink
Tiffany <3, post: 69478, member: 14826' Wrote:u just scared of too many people killing u Wink

George is fearless, I thought you knew.
This would be an amazing change, aswell as removing the stick of the flashbangs very frustrating!
[Image: 456710_101.png]
George Of The Jungle, post: 69471, member: 3094 Wrote:Yeah, the office server lags regularly, usually when the server is full. I wouldn't mind a lower server limit, if it would help.
Well said.
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]
That wouldn't help. The lag continues to get worse the longer it goes without a restart. I've seen it lag substantially with fewer than 20 people. The server-side fps will temporarily stop dropping after a restart, but it'll begin to get noticeable again after about 12+ hours of operation. I've noticed a good portion of the reported lag issues tend to be related to dos attacks which are out of our control. You can differentiate the two problems by typing net_graph 4 and seeing how low sv: (server-side fps) goes. The value should normally be around 66, however, if it ever gets below 30, it means the server needs a restart. Alternatively, some badly made custom maps have been known to cause drops in server-side fps while they're being played. These maps should be reported so they can be removed.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
What if it shows a low sv and we report with the map it was on, it means you're going to remove that map right away or are you going to evaluate it before take any action?
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]