Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on this Computer??
Hey guys.

I'm thinking of getting a new computer soon and not sure what to look for.
I want a laptop that is not too expensive but can run most games.
Is this any good ? http://www.dicksmith.co.nz/product/XC819...x-notebook
[SIZE=3][FONT=arial]HP Pavilion DV6-7029TX Notebook[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=arial]It has :[/FONT][/SIZE]

Beats Audio
Quad speakers
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M Graphics 2GB GDDR3
Hard Drive Size : 750GB. Speed : 5400-rpm
Memory : 8GB DDR3
Intel Core i7
Processor Speed : 2.3GHz
Processor Cache : 6MB L3 Cache
Windows 7 Home Premium
LED High Definition Screen 1366 x 768
15.6 inch screen

[SIZE=2][FONT=arial]It doesn't have to be the BEST gaming computer but is it any good ? [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=12px][/SIZE]
[SIZE=12px] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12px] [/SIZE]
What games do you plan to play?
While this laptop should handle hames like CS:S without a hitch, if you mean to play anything graphic intensive, you'll definitely want something with a more powerful graphics card. The good news is there are sexy laptops out there with a lot more under the good for cheaper prices.
I'll post some recommendations when I get on my PC.
If you could post the specific game titles you might be interested in, it'd help a lot.
Also, what are you looking for in audio quality, screen resolution, battery life, and the physical size of the notebook?
George, Of The Jungle Jun 29, 2012:
Is this the profile of a bear?? Hmm, I didn't know bears were capable of playing css. Don't they break the keyboard with their massive paws? This is very peculiar and requires further investigation. If this is true, no one knows what kind of risks this might hold. They might electrocute themselves, maybe they become addicted to the game causing them to neglect their parental tasks. What must become of their offspring?
I will select a team consisting of the world's foremost scientists that will go about this scientific quest in the uttermost professional manner. This taskforce will carry the name "CANBURZREALLYPLAYCOUWNTERTRIKE - HUHWHUT????". I trust upon these men a task of huge importance, the fate of bearkind may depend on it. Godspeed men, Godspeed!
I would be interested in playing games like Call Of Duty, Just Cause 2 and maybe even some Counter Strike Global Offensive. I also don't just want it for gaming, i would like it for school and programs like After Effects and Photoshop. I am Currently on a Dell Inspiron 6400 so it would be a huge step up. I currently only get about 25 fps for Counter Strike Source at recommended settings hahahah. I am not a serious gamer. I just need a decent laptop.
With that budget, I would get a really cool machine. If you ever thought in building your onw PC, let us know and we'll buld some for you and post them here. BUT I'll only do that if there's a possibility of you building it.
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]
[SIZE=2][FONT=arial][SIZE=4]I don't think i will build a computer. I'm 14 and would probably be able to do it, but i want a laptop for portability. Would this computer be able to run most games smoothly ? with 8GB of memory and the graphics card? I am not to good at this computer stuff. It will defiantly be better than my current Dell Inspiron Wink [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]
Think yourself about these questions:

1. Will you play everywhere you go? -most of the time when you take a laptop with you, certainly is not to play, but for something else.
2. Will a laptop perform on what you want it to do? -Certainly not.

I think that laptop for games, will sooner get old.

To be honest, i am not a serious gamer and i only play for fun. I am sure this will play most games i decide to play. My friend at school recently got a downgraded version of this and i have seen him playing Just Cause 2 fine in class Smile He has also told me that it runs most games anyway.
Dan, post: 74246, member: 13645 Wrote:To be honest, i am not a serious gamer and i only play for fun. I am sure this will play most games i decide to play. My friend at school recently got a downgraded version of this and i have seen him playing Just Cause 2 fine in class Smile He has also told me that it runs most games anyway.
It is now (present), what about 1 year? (future?)

If interested i would suggest a way bigger ram for it, I run a 6g ddr outta my toshiba
[Image: 481925_101.png]
honestly Ram is so cheap these days it doesnt matter anymore...

Last time i bought laptop it broke in a month because i had it in my bag and i brought it everywhere, like school, house, shopping centre, etc.

all you really need to check is GPU and CPU lol and of course battery lifetime.
JC2, CS:GO, CoD:MW3 etc. are all pretty high end, considering if you want to play in highest video settings.
so you are going for probably 1000~2000 budget if you want to play with MAXIMUM SETTINGS OMG.
but i always have thought, why would i pay 2000 for a laptop that will last only several years when i can buy a desktop i can use it for decade.
I can repair, change parts, and will have more comfortable gaming set up.
therefore im not a pro of laptops. DESKTOP <3
http://ncix.com/products/?sku=74882&vpn=...FMicroStar
this is some real shit, probably better than government FBI laptops (i dont even know what i am talking about)
got huuuuuge ass Specs that will make you cum instantly when you see it.