Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘Innocence of Muslims’: This is not a film. (Or is it?)
Dr. Ruplayer, post: 75391, member: 9168 Wrote:http://imgur.com/a/tlCyI
Seriously though, this kind of stuff deserves to be reported.
Fuck sensational journalism.
George, Of The Jungle Jun 29, 2012:
Is this the profile of a bear?? Hmm, I didn't know bears were capable of playing css. Don't they break the keyboard with their massive paws? This is very peculiar and requires further investigation. If this is true, no one knows what kind of risks this might hold. They might electrocute themselves, maybe they become addicted to the game causing them to neglect their parental tasks. What must become of their offspring?
I will select a team consisting of the world's foremost scientists that will go about this scientific quest in the uttermost professional manner. This taskforce will carry the name "CANBURZREALLYPLAYCOUWNTERTRIKE - HUHWHUT????". I trust upon these men a task of huge importance, the fate of bearkind may depend on it. Godspeed men, Godspeed!
As in other parts of the world, here in Belgium we've had riots about this film. I can understand the Muslims protesting against it, but riots and killing?! For me that is taking it waaaaaay too far! Not only for me, Dr. Ruplayer showed some very nice pictures which will never make any evening news report, journal or magazine because of society only (too much) focuses on sensation
How can one, obviously idiotic, film create so much problems?

This film is interpreted differently by other standards of morals and values from different populations and/or religions.
On top of this, it is obviously an act of provoking towards the Muslims. It is one idiot taking his idealism too far. This is what gives the very low percentage of extremists, who are responsible for riots and terrorist attacks, the opportunity to react and sharpen the images they have of the "enemy". They wait for provocations like this for responding fiercly.
The biggest problem of all is the 'freedom of speach' we have in the West. Some countries in the Middle-East have only recently began to evolve past a dictatorship in which they have lived for many generations. They are custom to the fact that the government controles everything, and so it is harder for them to understand how a government in the West can allow this sort of blasphemy. This is where we come to different morals and values. We have a very pronounced 'freedom of speach', while in the Muslimworld 'respect of religion' is at the top. Not only for their own religion, but also for Christans, Jews,... In Egypt they actually have a Law that forbids mocking with Christianity or Judaism.

These are the kind of the problems I think there are. I condemn every act of terrorism and hurting people. It is all about a small number of people (of both sides) seizing a chance to create problems and hate. Let's hope journalists and news networks start showing more of Dr. Ruplayers images and not the opposite!
[Image: 612953_101.png]
Riots happened in Sydney on Sunday, and even though no one got killed like in other countries, police men were injured and there was a lot of damage made. I understand not all Muslims are violent like that, but looking at this picture doesnt really help..    
moose, post: 75446, member: 4599 Wrote:Riots happened in Sydney on Sunday, and even though no one got killed like in other countries, police men were injured and there was a lot of damage made. I understand not all Muslims are violent like that, but looking at this picture doesnt really help..[attachment=1572]

Mother has been arrested. Don't even think the kid knows what's on the playcard.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/nationa...6476236307
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
So sad how people use innocent children to their causes...
[Image: 612953_101.png]
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-se...an-rushdie

Interview with Salman Rushdie on the issue.