Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti Camp Plugin
BOTWALKIE, post: 76634, member: 15037 Wrote:May be a strategy to get more kills but im talking 3CT vs 10 T that are sitting in the office waiting for them guarding the hostages per the objective. The CT's are waiting in the garage window for each T to pop their head out so they can take them out one at a time, and even then they still will most likely loose due to wasting time and no completing the objective.

I've seen this happen maybe once on office on this server. The times it has happened to me is because I was providing sniper cover fire and the offensive team died. By the time I realize that, time on the clock is down near 1:15 or so and the opposing team has moved up some.

ARYA!, post: 76662, member: 1011 Wrote:even a shiity player like me knows that the cts wud try to cover the bomb

Depends on the situation. Sometimes covering the bombsite is more strategically viable. Better cover.

ARYA!, post: 76662, member: 1011 Wrote:i would get you 9 / 10 times

Your success ratio is skewed, but even so, killing the opposing team is an objective.

ARYA!, post: 76662, member: 1011 Wrote:still stay right there while my team mate has to lolly all the way back fending off another ct to collect the bomb

Honestly I've seen this happen only a handful of times on the server. Most of the time it seems to be newbie players and people who don't speak English (therefore they're not understanding the other player telling them to get the bomb).

ARYA!, post: 76662, member: 1011 Wrote:and drag his ass back to the bomb site and plant and defend alone ( cos im the shitty auto noob nailed to spawn )

If he fended off the CT and is still alive, it's almost guaranteed he killed him, which is round end and Ts win, thus completing an objective.

ARYA!, post: 76662, member: 1011 Wrote:if i had been a decent player would have gone for the bomb and wudda planted it under 45 seconds

It's not always that easy.

ARYA!, post: 76662, member: 1011 Wrote:so IMO the shitty auto noob deserves to be drugged , set on fire , blinded and then slayed ( hey i can do all that in under 45 secs too :p) .

Depends on the situation. Anyone willfully ignoring the rules should be punished by an admin, no doubt, but the camp meter isn't gonna stop this kinda guy who is intent on disrupting the game. No, he's gonna find a way around the system. Meanwhile the rest of us who camp when it's legitimate to do so get penalized.

ARYA!, post: 76662, member: 1011 Wrote:And for the record on certain maps like d2 no matter how good u are the camping auto would still get you and if you say u can get the camper every time , u are flat out stupid

I like how you're attacking me on things I haven't even said. Auto is not a God weapon and D2 is very well known map and camping spots are checked frequently. Scrubs might not stand a chance, but any good player knows how mitigate the issue of a sniper. Honestly, as a CT, the only time I ever get sniped is when I'm rushing the enemy team (either towards their spawn or towards bomb site after plant).

ARYA!, post: 76662, member: 1011 Wrote:people play to have fun and no watch a tool with the auto slow walk the fuck outta them

Like I said before, it didn't even cross my mind camping was an issue on the server and I still don't think it is. The times someone has willfully obstructed game-play this way in Popular Maps while I've been there has been very far and few between. Certainly not enough to concern me in the slightest.

I say if you want quick action, go play Call of Duty with the rest of the teenage scrubs.
[Image: stalker_2011.png]
leo, post: 76665, member: 4031 Wrote:Depends on the situation. Sometimes covering the bombsite is more strategically viable. Better cover..

in a 2v2 situation ??? really ?

leo, post: 76665, member: 4031 Wrote:Your success ratio is skewed, but even so, killing the opposing team is an objective..

actually on d2 its bomb diffusing or bomb detonation

leo, post: 76665, member: 4031 Wrote:Honestly I've seen this happen only a handful of times on the server. Most of the time it seems to be newbie players and people who don't speak English (therefore they're not understanding the other player telling them to get the bomb)..

hell no , on 24/7 d2 good regular players camp like crazy .

leo, post: 76665, member: 4031 Wrote:If he fended off the CT and is still alive, it's almost guaranteed he killed him, which is round end and Ts win, thus completing an objective..

aaaaah , hence the word fended instead of killing ! o_O

leo, post: 76665, member: 4031 Wrote:It's not always that easy ..

true ,but its easier than with one player being a dead beat camper.

leo, post: 76665, member: 4031 Wrote:I like how you're attacking me on things I haven't even said. Auto is not a God weapon and D2 is very well known map and camping spots are checked frequently. Scrubs might not stand a chance, but any good player knows how mitigate the issue of a sniper. Honestly, as a CT, the only time I ever get sniped is when I'm rushing the enemy team (either towards their spawn or towards bomb site after plant)..

LOL u cast the first stone . i was just responding to ur "shitty" comment . so u never go B via DD playing ct ???!!!!!!!!!!! o_O

leo, post: 76665, member: 4031 Wrote:Like I said before, it didn't even cross my mind camping was an issue on the server and I still don't think it is. The times someone has willfully obstructed game-play this way in Popular Maps while I've been there has been very far and few between. Certainly not enough to concern me in the slightest..

leo, post: 76665, member: 4031 Wrote:I say if you want quick action, go play Call of Duty with the rest of the teenage scrubs..

Y bother when there is a plugin to negate that for me (duh!!! ) or death matches :p
[Image: 21abvjs.png]
Alright, I was going to avoid this one, but the topic has spiked my interest where it is going. There are two objectives on any map: Kill the other team or Do the special task. Often it ends with killing the opposite team completely. Since I have become an Office resident I'll speak specifically there.

The current time trigger prevent CTs from holding garage in a good fight, i.e. T's slowly push into CT Spwn, while defending CTs hold the flank in hope that the other CTs can either: a) push thru to T spwn rescue the hosties and travel back thru office to complete the rescue b) Front Office CTs are able to push thru and Flank the T's in Garage. In this scenario, garage is usually cleared between 1:40 - 1:00.

I have observed CTs get hit with the Autocamp when they had a legit chance to counter the T rush ending in an epic fail. I have observed the autocamp do nothing to end the round due to someone camping or hiding. I have yet to see it do what it is suppose to do except on AFK players or really new/clueless players. It is not a hard thing to bypass if your intent is prolonging the game to get kills. Too easy to displace a little and lurk then repeat.

If autocamp kicked-in aggressively at 30 secs with prompts, followed by beacon or drug effect this would fix this issue. You can also implement auto-slay to the losing team, which is just as fair as the bias with the autocamp.

The crying of the hour is always when a "camper" stops a flank. This is because he ruined the blind rushing attempt to flank and shoot people in the back. Leo has an excellent point of you want mindless run-and-gun go play Call of Duty.
Mr.Tea, post: 76680, member: 1006 Wrote:Alright, I was going to avoid this one, but the topic has spiked my interest where it is going. There are two objectives on any map: Kill the other team or Do the special task. Often it ends with killing the opposite team completely. Since I have become an Office resident I'll speak specifically there.

The current time trigger prevent CTs from holding garage in a good fight, i.e. T's slowly push into CT Spwn, while defending CTs hold the flank in hope that the other CTs can either: a) push thru to T spwn rescue the hosties and travel back thru office to complete the rescue b) Front Office CTs are able to push thru and Flank the T's in Garage. In this scenario, garage is usually cleared between 1:40 - 1:00.

I have observed CTs get hit with the Autocamp when they had a legit chance to counter the T rush ending in an epic fail. I have observed the autocamp do nothing to end the round due to someone camping or hiding. I have yet to see it do what it is suppose to do except on AFK players or really new/clueless players. It is not a hard thing to bypass if your intent is prolonging the game to get kills. Too easy to displace a little and lurk then repeat.

If autocamp kicked-in aggressively at 30 secs with prompts, followed by beacon or drug effect this would fix this issue. You can also implement auto-slay to the losing team, which is just as fair as the bias with the autocamp.

The crying of the hour is always when a "camper" stops a flank. This is because he ruined the blind rushing attempt to flank and shoot people in the back. Leo has an excellent point of you want mindless run-and-gun go play Call of Duty.
I agree when you say the awper/ auto watches a flank , I am talking about the same guys standing around with autos near the box on the t side of b tuns (at t spawn) or at the car at t spawn . The bomb being planted or it being down in a less than 5v5 situation. I don't expect awper a to mindlessly rush . But to stay in spawn till the time runs out is criminal IMO .
[Image: 21abvjs.png]
ARYA!, post: 76675, member: 1011 Wrote:in a 2v2 situation ??? really ?

Sure. Most of the time the bomb has progressed near one of the sites. It's far more feasible to camp the likely site and keep tabs on mid. Has a higher chance of success. If the bomb is at their spawn on D2, usually I'll camp it, but I try to be discreet.

ARYA!, post: 76675, member: 1011 Wrote:actually on d2 its bomb diffusing or bomb detonation

Eliminating the other team is and always has been an objective in CS.

ARYA!, post: 76675, member: 1011 Wrote:hell no , on 24/7 d2 good regular players camp like crazy.

I said Popular Maps. I don't play the other server almost ever. I'm not surprised they camp on a 24/7 server though.

ARYA!, post: 76675, member: 1011 Wrote:aaaaah , hence the word fended instead of killing ! o_O

dictionary Wrote:fendedpast participle, past tense of fend (Verb)

Verb:
  1. Look after and provide for oneself, without any help from others.
  2. Defend oneself from a blow, attack, or attacker.

ARYA!, post: 76675, member: 1011 Wrote:true ,but its easier than with one player being a dead beat camper.

Use him effectively. He's probably sniping down middle and DD to long A. Have him cover your flank and advance. He *might* help you prevent the diffuse. My experience has been that few people are just "dead beat campers". At least in Popular Maps. 99% of the time it's just a dude that was AFK mid-round and came back at the end or it was someone who didn't realize the rest of the team was dead (been my case a number of times).

ARYA!, post: 76675, member: 1011 Wrote:LOL u cast the first stone . i was just responding to ur "shitty" comment .

I get grumpy when people complain about campers and/or people that use AWP/Auto in a normal server situation (aka, round start with $800 and no weird plug-ins) and I apologize for that. Most of the time I hear this argument it's from an inexperienced player who hasn't learned the more strict tactical aspects of the game. It is, on it's own, a pretty balanced game and I think it ruins the game when we add plug-ins to disrupt tactics for a server that's always been pretty vanilla (which is why I play here).

I've been playing this game for a loooong time. I've learned to be patient. You have to be to get good at this game.

ARYA!, post: 76675, member: 1011 Wrote:so u never go B via DD playing ct ???!!!!!!!!!!! o_O

Rarely. Maybe in the first couple of rounds. Most of the time mid is pinned down with sniper fire and AK fire. It's not worth a few cheap kills going pro90, especially when tunnels get almost completely raided by T's. Instead I prefer to camp the sites and push short A, if I push at all.

ARYA!, post: 76675, member: 1011 Wrote:Y bother when there is a plugin to negate that for me (duh!!! ) or death matches :p

Because the plug-in doesn't do anything to stop the people that you're talking about and the game doesn't inherently prevent campers like that. CoD does, to some degree, by allowing you to respawn fairly quickly and kill a camper after you know where he's camping. In CS it's a matter of remembering spots people camp frequently (and sometimes prefiring those spots just in case) and proceeding in a tactical manner. Or you could just buy p90, rush close-quarters, get 1-3 kills before dying, and wait all round for everyone else. I think that's pretty boring though and, honestly, frustrates me quite a bit in Popular Maps. Probably more than campers frustrate you guys, but not enough for me to advocate a plug-in that would alter that game play.
Arya's pretty much right, i camp on the d2 dm, and shit, i kill ppl who even expect me to be in those particular camping spots again, and again, and again, on that map it doesnt matter how good you are, you're still gonna die to campers. Partially also i hate it when the noobs rush in tunnels against like 5 opponents with awps or p90s and all die. Its like gee, that was smart why do u rush headfirst into that many ppl, i also continue to find it sad that it usually takes more than 2 awpers to kill me.
"Ignorance is Bliss"- Sima Yi from DW6
Does it still go off if u didn't move, but killed ppl?
[Image: 702064_101.png]
Yes.
"Ignorance is Bliss"- Sima Yi from DW6
Lieutenant Josh, post: 76693, member: 946 Wrote:Arya's pretty much right, i camp on the d2 dm, and shit, i kill ppl who even expect me to be in those particular camping spots again, and again, and again

Fuckin' shitties mang.

Lieutenant Josh, post: 76693, member: 946 Wrote:on that map it doesnt matter how good you are, you're still gonna die to campers.

Yeah, once in a while. I haven't had any significant trouble in taking out notorious campers in all the years I've been playing though. They're not that common in pop. maps as it is.
Gonffs, post: 76531, member: 11307 Wrote:No adding it to mg, it would ruin some of the gameplay.

MG is something totally different to the pop maps. You have maps like Frightnight where hiding (camping) is an essential part of the game, and where the Plugin would destroy the gameplay. Then you have maps like Smee and other towers, Ski Mountain, Gun multigames, Paintball (ugh) where the Plugin would really help a lot, since a lot of people camp the shit out of themselves!

For the matter of the pop maps, this Plugin will only help gameplay in a positive way. Camping can be annoying as hell. In some occasions it might be necessary, but overall mainly noobs start doing it and can always be found in the same spots.
[Image: 612953_101.png]