Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti Camp Plugin
Mr.Tea, post: 76680, member: 1006 Wrote:If autocamp kicked-in aggressively at 30 secs with prompts, followed by beacon or drug effect this would fix this issue.
I agree with Mr. Tea here. if at 30 secs, there are CTS still in spawn, front yard/office, back yard or any other place than the t spawn or close to tspawn, Anti camp should kicked-in regardless of walking or checking the corners or any other ways to bypass the plug-in.
I think it just needs some tweakin'
[Image: sigix.png]
leo, post: 76691, member: 4031 Wrote:sure. Most of the time the bomb has progressed near one of the sites. It's far more feasible to camp the likely site and keep tabs on mid. Has a higher chance of success. If the bomb is at their spawn on D2, usually I'll camp it, but I try to be discreet.

Eliminating the other team is and always has been an objective in CS.

really ??! You mean to tell me that if all the Ts are dead cts cant lose ?!

leo, post: 76691, member: 4031 Wrote:I said Popular Maps. I don't play the other server almost ever. I'm not surprised they camp on a 24/7 server though.

fortunately i play on all the servers barring MG and zombies .

leo, post: 76691, member: 4031 Wrote:Use him effectively. He's probably sniping down middle and DD to long A. Have him cover your flank and advance. He *might* help you prevent the diffuse. My experience has been that few people are just "dead beat campers". At least in Popular Maps. 99% of the time it's just a dude that was AFK mid-round and came back at the end or it was someone who didn't realize the rest of the team was dead (been my case a number of times).

I respect that , but in my experience i have seen a lotta good players ( skilled ) camp in a 50 - 50 chance , its just plain annoying in a pub when people dont even try .

leo, post: 76691, member: 4031 Wrote:I get grumpy when people complain about campers and/or people that use AWP/Auto in a normal server situation (aka, round start with $800 and no weird plug-ins) and I apologize for that. Most of the time I hear this argument it's from an inexperienced player who hasn't learned the more strict tactical aspects of the game. It is, on it's own, a pretty balanced game and I think it ruins the game when we add plug-ins to disrupt tactics for a server that's always been pretty vanilla (which is why I play here).

No harm done . Another good point , I for one believe that the game is perfect as it is , but when we have awps restricted to one or two per team ,the guy with the awp camps and ruins the sheer brilliance of the awp and to top it the team loses too . so either the awper uses it to his full potential ( people like junkie and lenier ) or not at all , but then a lotta awp impaired people like me would also like a chance to awp . so the solution is either put in a plug in that curbs camping and evens out chances of getting an awp or remove the restriction all together .

leo, post: 76691, member: 4031 Wrote:I've been playing this game for a loooong time. I've learned to be patient. You have to be to get good at this game.

I dont claim to be any good at this game , on my best day im a 5/10 . but i dint start playing this game yesterday . i have been playing this game on and off for about 9 years !!!!

leo, post: 76691, member: 4031 Wrote:Rarely. Maybe in the first couple of rounds. Most of the time mid is pinned down with sniper fire and AK fire. It's not worth a few cheap kills going pro90, especially when tunnels get almost completely raided by T's. Instead I prefer to camp the sites and push short A, if I push at all.

Well good for you!

leo, post: 76691, member: 4031 Wrote:Because the plug-in doesn't do anything to stop the people that you're talking about and the game doesn't inherently prevent campers like that. CoD does, to some degree, by allowing you to respawn fairly quickly and kill a camper after you know where he's camping. In CS it's a matter of remembering spots people camp frequently (and sometimes prefiring those spots just in case) and proceeding in a tactical manner. Or you could just buy p90, rush close-quarters, get 1-3 kills before dying, and wait all round for everyone else. I think that's pretty boring though and, honestly, frustrates me quite a bit in Popular Maps. Probably more than campers frustrate you guys, but not enough for me to advocate a plug-in that would alter that game play.

Fair enough ! but you need to understand that different people expect different things from the game ! It frustrates me enough to advocate the plug in
[Image: 21abvjs.png]
Mr.Tea, post: 76680, member: 1006 Wrote:The current time trigger prevent CTs from holding garage in a good fight, i.e. T's slowly push into CT Spwn, while defending CTs hold the flank in hope that the other CTs can either: a) push thru to T spwn rescue the hosties and travel back thru office to complete the rescue b) Front Office CTs are able to push thru and Flank the T's in Garage. In this scenario, garage is usually cleared between 1:40 - 1:00.
Mr.Tea, post: 76680, member: 1006 Wrote:I have observed the autocamp do nothing to end the round due to someone camping or hiding.
The plugin isn't very customizable without custom modifications to source. I had to significantly increase the timer in order to alleviate the complaints about CTs being unable to hold garage. The consequence of this was it not being able to combat camping as effectively. In its current state, it really comes down to one or the other.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
I feel that this Plugin won't make everyone happy. So at this point its about saving the integrity of our servers and the players that play here. Majority complain about campers. Majority rules.
Is this thing on?

[Image: 11qid6d.jpg]
_RemiX, post: 76729, member: 3519 Wrote:I feel that this Plugin won't make everyone happy. So at this point its about saving the integrity of our servers and the players that play here. Majority complain about campers. Majority rules.
?, You must be sampling the same people in the GALLOP is using for the elections. The first comments about campers that I have seen is when this plugin was randomly executed. People haven't been quitting wLs because of campers. It is possible that people would leave over this. Not saying that they will.
Is it possible to activate the plugin based on the number of "attacking"team left? Instead of round time.

for e.g, plugin activated when there's 2 cts left on office.

Because the issue arises when there are a few idiots left not doing anything. So at least camping as a strategy won't be affected.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
_RemiX, post: 76729, member: 3519 Wrote:I feel that this Plugin won't make everyone happy. So at this point its about saving the integrity of our servers and the players that play here. Majority complain about campers. Majority rules.

I don't know about that. Not everyone comes on the forums and not everyone is going to be vocal about it.

Mr.Tea, post: 76730, member: 1006 Wrote:?, You must be sampling the same people in the GALLOP is using for the elections. The first comments about campers that I have seen is when this plugin was randomly executed. People haven't been quitting wLs because of campers. It is possible that people would leave over this. Not saying that they will.

I haven't been in the server as much (just not as motivated with this plug-in) and I've been keeping an eye out for servers that better cater to my interests. I've also been considering just playing CS:GO and forgetting wL all together.

Personally I feel that considering the short-comings of the plug-in, it would be better to remove it and rely on admins to enforce the rules, at least for Popular Maps where camping, in my experience, hasn't been a significant issue.
[Image: stalker_2011.png]
the anti-camp plugin greatly hinders certain strategic ways to play the game. What is lost is more than what is gained.

the game has a clock, we almost always have admins present, and there are a lot of legit reasons and times and places to camp for extended periods. As an example, i've saved more than a few rounds by being last ct or t alive, and hiding in an unexpected, seemingly non-vital place to ambush the last enemy who might be going to fetch or defuse a bomb.

and besides... this is counter-strike, not unreal tournament. What sets CS apart from other games is the minimalism of the interface.
I got hit by the plug-in today while camping with AWP. Was covering the bomb-site on piranisi and waiting for the bomb-carrier to get into A and plant. Meanwhile I was keeping it clear for them. Got hit by the plug-in just as they got into site, meaning I couldn't cover site for a second, my position was revealed, and I lost health.
[Image: stalker_2011.png]