Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Approved  Ban Appeal
Name: SK
Steam ID: Steam_0:0:32942354

I got permanently banned for eye angles violation. It was a complete accident, I honestly had no idea that I had hacks on. I've been playing on wL for couple month now and I never hacked on any of the wL servers. It was a stupid and honest mistake that it won't happen again.
Unlikely to get unbanned, one way to continue playing on our servers is to rebuy CS:S on Steam and post your new Steam ID.

Wait for a sr/root to respond.
Chocopie, post: 78065, member: 15375 Wrote:I honestly had no idea that I had hacks on.
How did that happen? For starters, why do you even have cheats? If it was for offline practice, it could've been done via sv_cheats 1;r_drawothermodels 2. These will automatically disable upon connecting to an online server. Rolleyes
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
M. Bison, post: 78104, member: 359 Wrote:How did that happen? For starters, why do you even have cheats? If it was for offline practice, it could've been done via sv_cheats 1;r_drawothermodels 2. These will automatically disable upon connecting to an online server. Rolleyes
Sometimes it doesn't. Well, at least when the hacks aren't that simple.
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]
Those are legitimate client-side commands. You're in total control of them while offline, so no 3rd party programs are necessary.

When connecting to an online server, your client will query and abide by the servers configuration of sv_cheats. If the server has sv_cheats disabled, it'll automatically disable on your client before fully connected. You may test it yourself, DK.

You will not get banned for it. People who are banned were running 3rd party hacks to force the clients value of sv_cheats. So thereby the client has sv_cheats enabled while the server says to disable it. Therefore they were rightly banned.
My brother was playing on a Dust2 deathmatch server and apparently he was hacking. I get onto wL after he was done and booooooooooom the hacks were still on. I erased all the hacks from my computer and he won't be playing on my account again. It was a careless mistake and I apologize but it won't happen again.
These sort of claims are unverifiable. We do not even have the means to verify whether your brother exists.

If this is the route you wish to take, get a picture of yourself and your brother standing side-by-side. Your brother must hold a sign which reads, "I cheat on (wL).", meanwhile you'll hold one saying, "I'm not like him. I do not cheat on (wL)."

If actually done, I promise to overturn your ban.
I don't think that my brother is willing to take a picture with me holding a sign lol. But he didn't hack on wL, I just happened to get on at the wrong time.
I assume he was using cheats without your knowledge.

In any case, it was your responsibility to secure your SteamID from unauthorized use. If you were letting him use your account then you're accountable for his actions.

Your alternative means of regaining access to our servers is by purchasing a new copy of CS:S from steam. If done, please contact me beforehand.
I was in the backyard with a couple of friends and he asked if he could use my computer. I didn't think he would be playing CS:S. On top of that I had knowledge that he would be hacking on my account. I came back in to check what he's doing and he was playing on the D2 deathmatch server. It didn't seem like he was using any hacks but i'm guessing that he turned it off when I got into the room since I didn't see anything.
My brother isn't willing to take a picture with me holding a sign.