Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denied  wrongfully banned (speed hack)
He is certainly moving much too fast in the demo, and it's not lag/lost packets catching up. It is especially obvious when in the 2nd demo when they are all rushing towards avalanche. You can see him easily overtake and speed way past Marcos Silva, who is rushing with a deagle.
It looks like clear speed hacks to me, but even if it turned out to be some miraculous, flukey hardware glitch, it gives him an unwarranted advantage over other players and I see no reason to lift the ban while there is potential for this to happen in the future.
Let's see what the roots have to say.
George, Of The Jungle Jun 29, 2012:
Is this the profile of a bear?? Hmm, I didn't know bears were capable of playing css. Don't they break the keyboard with their massive paws? This is very peculiar and requires further investigation. If this is true, no one knows what kind of risks this might hold. They might electrocute themselves, maybe they become addicted to the game causing them to neglect their parental tasks. What must become of their offspring?
I will select a team consisting of the world's foremost scientists that will go about this scientific quest in the uttermost professional manner. This taskforce will carry the name "CANBURZREALLYPLAYCOUWNTERTRIKE - HUHWHUT????". I trust upon these men a task of huge importance, the fate of bearkind may depend on it. Godspeed men, Godspeed!
Fuzzy Izzie, post: 80607, member: 9457 Wrote:He is certainly moving much too fast in the demo, and it's not lag/lost packets catching up. It is especially obvious when in the 2nd demo when they are all rushing towards avalanche. You can see him easily overtake and speed way past Marcos Silva, who is rushing with a deagle.
It looks like clear speed hacks to me, but even if it turned out to be some miraculous, flukey hardware glitch, it gives him an unwarranted advantage over other players and I see no reason to lift the ban while there is potential for this to happen in the future.
Let's see what the roots have to say.
Agreed.

mike lee, post: 80566, member: 15730 Wrote:i really doubt you mentioned anything. but if you did and i did not respond i obviously did not hear it. anyways like i said either way i completely understand the decision. and to be quite honest, i knew it was starting to lag skip but i did nothing about it. so i guess by knowing what was going on and not restarting my computer or just shutting it down, it was a form of cheating.
"Marcos Silva" is me on the demo, who asked how/why do you gain so much speed after taking a 1 minute demo. You can't hear it either because when I called Spartacus, of course i was not going to say anything, even though i asked you before him come.
[Image: 2hnlw2f.png]
[Image: dads-at-work.jpg]
mike lee, post: 80485, member: 15730 Wrote:well honestly i was a little disappointed that i was banned without anyone telling me i was running faster or giving me a warning. which then i wouldve either restarted my cpu or just went to bed.

Its our job to catch cheaters, not give them the heads up for cheating.

The demo is still being reviewed. Thanks for being patient thus far.

If anyone else wants to comment in the thread, keep this in mind.

Quote:[SIZE=12px]7. Do not respond to other ban appeals unless you've been given prior permission or have something valuable to contribute.[/SIZE][SIZE=12px]*[/SIZE]

Any other posts would be removed.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
one last note and im thru with this. and this has nothing to do with the appeal anymore. like i said before im done with it. this is for me only.

im not sure why it ran fast without lagging in demos. im not sure why my cpu acts this way. but i can tell you this one thing. I Have Never Cheated In Games. its just a damn game ppl. im not a great player but id like to consider myself a decent one who (at least) kills 2 to 1 of deaths (every CS except for source cause my cpu cant handle it). every since ive been playing source my KTD ratio has been about 1 kill to every 2 deaths. if i was cheating or even knew how to cheat i doubt it would be that horrible. anyways i dont know what you guys are seeing in these so called demos but i will tell you one things for sure. when i do have the speed lag problem, everyone that saw me in "not spec/first person mode but actual game mode" have said that i am skipping all over the place. and need to fix my rates and do something about my lag. and yes you are ABSOLUTELY correct spartacus when you said "Its our job to catch cheaters, not give them the heads up for cheating". so i ask one favor from everyone. please no more of this "oh i dont believe or i doubt crap". weither you believe me or not, just please stop responding to this post and just keep me on the ban list.
REJECTED

The behavior doesn't seem consistent with high packet loss, high choke, or an overheating computer.

STEAM_0:0:15308134
0:15308134

-CLOSED-
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol