Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ping Limit in Snipers
[SIZE=11px]my ping average is [/SIZE][SIZE=11px]249.64ms (Latency: 124.82ms)[/SIZE]
.calcifer, post: 80518, member: 15385 Wrote:I dunno about yall, but I am tired of the fuckfaces in there with 150-300 ping that warp into view and late reg-ing shots. Limit the ping to like 120 or something, its ridiculous the amount of people in the servers that dont have ping below 80.

Trash players with 200 ping is soooo annoying. Please fix this. THANKS
Matt, post: 80569, member: 178 Wrote:Lets kick me for having a ping over 200ms.
Matt sounds pretty calm for being called a fuckface.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
You rather play in a server with 5 people, compared to 15+?

High pingers get delayed reg, I'd be sade if I get killed by high pinger. sade made bade
James`, post: 80562, member: 15260 Wrote:I love how idiots like calcifer blame other peoples ping (which is hardly ever the issue when it comes to lag in warlord servers) on how shitty he plays. It's pathetic. What's more pathetic is how he would like to get rid of a large portion of the players (those who have high pings) because he can't aim. It's so amusing how we get so wrapped up in who has higher ping when I doubt even a fourth of the user base even knows what the fuck ping is.

Double post

http://www.war-lords.net/threads/lag-and...peed.9228/

Read it and thank me later.
Lol, whats pathetic is how you have it out for me after I busted your ass for calling Narnia a "faggot" RIGHT AFTER HE WAS MUTED FOR A MONTH FOR CALLING YOU A FAGGOT. Dont think I remember that?
So please, take your butthurt ass somewhere else, because frankly, every time I see you in mingames you are bottom fragging (yeah I know minigames who gives a fuck right?). I dont remember scrimming with you at all, but then again, I dont remember half the shitties I play with in the scrim server.

Just get on your knees because if you think someone lagging is a one sided thing, go play against someone with 60 ping, and someone with 200 ping.

Riser, post: 80603, member: 992 Wrote:You rather play in a server with 5 people, compared to 15+?

High pingers get delayed reg, I'd be sade if I get killed by high pinger. sade made bade

High pingers do get delayed reg, but so do the people shooting them.
Mhmm I see my ping as 155-170 in the Scoreboard, but when I type net_graph 1, i see my ping as 190-200 which is real.
Just Go With IT. √

Why are you even looking here? scroll down if you can.
[INDENT=1] [/INDENT]
Code:
I love how idiots like calcifer blame other peoples ping (which is hardly ever the issue when it comes to lag in warlord servers) on how shitty he plays.

Right off the bat you are going to call my play "shitty". Kay.

Code:
It's pathetic. What's more pathetic is how he would like to get rid of a large portion of the players (those who have high pings) because he can't aim.

Lol.

Its pathetic how you are now trying to bitch out of the argument, why would you comment on how I have shitty play and I cant aim? Just rage-typing?
And to be honest, you didnt educate me at all. Or teach me anything. I know how to type status in console. When I see a 3-digit number next to their name, I know why they are terp'ing me. They live some place fucking far away from the host server, or they just have shitty internet.
We're saying you can't aim because you're supposed to be at an upperhand with a lower latency.

If you get mad at how a guy with a higher latency is pwning you, it means that you're getting killed by a person who views a "slower response time" on his computer.

In a general sense, high ping user does not affect others in the game.

Issue has been discussed in other forums with a similar response.
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=382701
http://www.unrealsoftware.de/forum_posts...ost=297216
http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1186650

Quote:people who think one client with a high ping will lag the rest of the server is seriously dumb as nails, and seriously need to stop playing games period because they bitch about any slight ping. Sure, it will effect the client, but I've heard people claim it lags EVERYONE else. What?
Quote:[SIZE=11px]They do not affect you whatsoever. A ping is simply the time it takes for a packet of data to go from one place to another, a road analogy:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11px](Point a) ----------(100 kilometres)-------- (Point B)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11px]If you are travelling from "Point a" at 100km an hour, it will take you 1 hour to get to "Point b". It's exactly the same with electricity and light ( the main way data is communicated over cable)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11px](computer 1) ----------( 2500 kilometres)-------(computer 2)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11px]Travelling at the speed of light ( 300000000 metres per second in a vacuum, but considerably slower in fibre optic cable ) it will take approximately 0.0083 seconds to get to computer 2, giving a ping of 8ms. Obviously, the speed of light in the fibre optic cable is slower than 3E8, and it can also be "shaped" ( temporarily stored ) by the internet provider before being sent, giving slight ping increases.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11px]CONCLUSION: High ping does not affect anyone else whatsoever, the idiots who vote kick people with high pings are deluded fools.[/SIZE]

Quote:[SIZE=14px]A high ping does NOT effect other players ping time, a total myth that has come around for several reasons.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14px]IF the game you're playing uses ping compensation (timestamped packets) then players who have high pings might use fractionally more CPU time on the server, but this will ONLY effect other players if the server is setup badly, for example if the server has barely any spare cpu cycles left. That is a server setup problem however.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14px]Depending on what game engine a higher ping might mean your position in the map changes more erratically, making you harder to hit, some engines compensate for this by artificially smoothing movement.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14px]Most admins kick high pingers because the effects of ping compensation seem unfair - although they're really not. It seems like sometimes you're shot around corners or through large objects, but this is not what is happening, the ping compensation is fair to the lagger because it allows him to aim at the person it just updates late in the server, the gunfights are still fair, despite what some people think. Its just a lack of understanding of how it works.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14px]But no matter the circumstance, one player lagging does NOT make other players lag, if anyone experiences something that feels like this, its probably a badly setup server, and thats a server problem and numerous other things that cause extra load (such as lots of people in the same area, or other clients connecting) will cause the same problem.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14px]Hope this helps.[/SIZE]

tl;dr it should be worse off for players with high latency to play. You'd have to find another excuse to why you suck.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
Spartacus, post: 80644, member: 1060 Wrote:We're saying you can't aim because you're supposed to be at an upperhand with a lower latency.

If you get mad at how a guy with a higher latency is pwning you, it means that you're getting killed by a person who views a "slower response time" on his computer.

In a general sense, high ping user does not affect others in the game.

Issue has been discussed in other forums with a similar response.
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=382701
http://www.unrealsoftware.de/forum_posts...ost=297216
http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1186650

tl;dr it should be worse off for players with high latency to play. You'd have to find another excuse to why you suck.

I approve this message.
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds." - Bhagavad-Gita

"There is nothing more devastating than the thought of death. Of complete nothingness. To lose to what you believe your true nature being. Immortality." - James

"True depression comes from ignorance and stupidity. True happiness comes from stupidity and ignorance. Contention comes from a deeper understanding of true nature and the ways in which we try to defy it." - James (So tell me, are you depressed, happy, or content?)

Please click on the banner below and vote for the wL community minecraft server!!

[Image: minecraftbanner22053463.jpg]
Sibrox, post: 80625, member: 14065 Wrote:Mhmm I see my ping as 155-170 in the Scoreboard, but when I type net_graph 1, i see my ping as 190-200 which is real.

scoreboard shows latency not ping Smile