Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate and laggers
Think DK was trying to be sarcastic.

I think Thavs is a pretty good example though. We were scrimming with him one night, and his ping was 150+, but under 200. Falls within Riser, but Thavs was teleporting & lagging all over the place, making him nearly impossible to hit... That's the kind of lag that we need to be kicking for, because it's simply unfair to players. Our entire team wanted him gone simply because while we would have good shots, his lag & teleporting made it impossible to play.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
Xtr3me, post: 81516, member: 15302 Wrote:Thanks for the response guys- here is another question. If we have a regular (decent ping) and is lagging like no other, would it be appropriate to bring him/her up for a ban?
Are you kidding me? Ban the lagger? How do you feel when you are banned just because of lagging? If they can, they dont want to be a lagger.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: 74pkdcefk45p0ob8e76j.gif]
[Image: 164962_208.png]
Knowpain, post: 81648, member: 1105 Wrote:Are you kidding me? Ban the lagger? How do you feel when you are banned just because of lagging? If they can, they dont want to be a lagger.
u r absolutely right Knowpain..........i totally agree with u brah

Double post

joker8baller, post: 81638, member: 835 Wrote:Think DK was trying to be sarcastic.

I think Thavs is a pretty good example though. We were scrimming with him one night, and his ping was 150+, but under 200. Falls within Riser, but Thavs was teleporting & lagging all over the place, making him nearly impossible to hit... That's the kind of lag that we need to be kicking for, because it's simply unfair to players. Our entire team wanted him gone simply because while we would have good shots, his lag & teleporting made it impossible to play.
u r saying this because u r the only guy who was unable to hit me because ur aim is bad.......
[Image: 984349_101.png]
[Image: imager.php?id=4415953&t=o]
[Image: 28ck2kg.png]
thavs, post: 81705, member: 16525 Wrote:u r absolutely right Knowpain..........i totally agree with u brah

Double post

u r saying this because u r the only guy who was unable to hit me because ur aim is bad.......
That is complete crap, and I hope you know that. If you don't, well there it is. You were lagging to the degree that you were legitimately teleporting. If you don't believe me, then I don't know what to tell you. The entire team was complaining about you the ENTIRE match. I think even Bison can acknowledge that you were teleporting bad enough that you deserve to be kicked. Hell, I got the OK from both sides to kick you once I found a replacement/sub. The only reason you didn't get kicked was because no one could find a sub.

I was carrying my team during that match, iirc.
joker8baller, post: 81709, member: 835 Wrote:That is complete crap, and I hope you know that. If you don't, well there it is. You were lagging to the degree that you were legitimately teleporting. If you don't believe me, then I don't know what to tell you. The entire team was complaining about you the ENTIRE match. I think even Bison can acknowledge that you were teleporting bad enough that you deserve to be kicked. Hell, I got the OK from both sides to kick you once I found a replacement/sub. The only reason you didn't get kicked was because no one could find a sub.

I was carrying my team during that match, iirc.
ok....i agree i lag....kicking is ok...but in this post we r discussing about banning.....is that ok??? ....ban for just lag !!!????
I think in certain situations it would be justified.

For example, if someone is kicked for teleporting and skipping around the map, and they continually rejoin without fixing the problem, then they should receive a 1 day ban. If they understand the admin, then they're just willfully disobeying the rules. If they don't understand the admin, then this will force them to come to the forums so we can explain it to them on here.

There's a big difference between lagging and teleporting/skipping. This is a more serious issue then just lag since it causes a great deal of frustration among players. In addition it's not really fair to have someone skipping around on the map. If you have a high ping but you have relatively smooth gameplay then you're fine. We have many players who are like this. But if you're skipping and teleporting on the map and people complain, then we have a problem. And that's where you're going to get kicked for.
Appreciate the comments guys!

Just to clarify, I'm not here to pick on laggers. I feel bad that they aren't enjoying the game fully and they usually don't stay long 99% of the time anywayz. I'm talking bout skippers who regularly play in the server and achieve 3-5: 1 KDR sessions.

One specific example would be scott- http://wls.gameme.com/playerinfo/165653

He is a pretty good player and I have nothing against him except for when he skips and is supposed to die )@(*)@(#* times but ends up unscratched. People can argue that the skip is affecting his game play too and it can go both ways but people just can't hit him in general. I just don't think that's how the game is supposed to be played. I'm not sure if he is intentionally doing this or not- but it is happening.

I just want to know if admins would take action to something like this and also what the community thinks about this issue- that is all.
[Image: 702064_101.png]
thavs, post: 81705, member: 16525 Wrote:u r absolutely right Knowpain..........i totally agree with u brah

Double post

No. Joker would make you cry so hard bro..

BUT HE CAN'T BECAUSE YOU'RE IN 10 PLACES AT THE SAME TIME!

Knowpain, post: 81648, member: 1105 Wrote:Are you kidding me? Ban the lagger? How do you feel when you are banned just because of lagging? If they can, they dont want to be a lagger.
How do you feel if you're a server with 10-30 ping and I join it with my 250+ lag and skip all over the place and come knife you?

[video=youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZOoUOrH2IFc[/video]
[video=youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=eC_66GJMjc0[/video]
[video=youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=BDrOxn0Qm1o[/video]
If it doesn't help you get a new isp or UNINSTALL!
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]
DK, post: 81986, member: 3039 Wrote:No. Joker would make you cry so hard bro..

BUT HE CAN'T BECAUSE YOU'RE IN 10 PLACES AT THE SAME TIME!

How do you feel if you're a server with 10-30 ping and I join it with my 250+ lag and skip all over the place and come knife you?

[video=youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZOoUOrH2IFc[/video]
[video=youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=eC_66GJMjc0[/video]
[video=youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=BDrOxn0Qm1o[/video]
If it doesn't help you get a new isp or UNINSTALL!
lol u cannot knife even if u lag or skip..........and even if some one is killed that way there is nothing to be sad.......but if u r banned for just a lag......how would u feel??? o_O
You don't understand what we are saying.When we say lag, we're not talking about high ping. We're talking about players who physically look like their player model is teleporting or skipping around the map. They are impossible to hit, and it's very annoying and frustrating.

I don't think you understand how bad you teleport or skip on our screens, especially during that scrim. You would actually disappear and reappear in different locations, your player model would stutter, and although we were shooting where you should be, your lag (Teleporting/Skip) you weren't taking the hits.

While those videos are nice, they won't fix all of the problems, and I'd go so far as to say they won't help a majority of the players.

Your argument is flawed, you can knife if you lag or skip, it actually can make you a "better" knifer as you would be very very hard to hit. Sometimes it's harder, sometimes it works to your benefit. If someone is killed because the lagger has the advantage of skipping, teleporting, or not registering hits, that's unfair. It's unfair gameplay, akin to hacking.

I wouldn't have the problem of being banned for lag, because I would not be joining games where I had my player model physically skip and/or teleport. I hate playing under these conditions, I would either wait for my internet fix itself, or join a server where this would not be a problem for me.

We're not saying we're going to outright ban for lag, but it has its merits. We're already under a system like this. We already kick for teleporting players and players that skip. We're thinking of introducing a system where we temporarily ban people that continue to skip and repeat after warnings & kicks. The merit behind this would be that non-English speaking players would be forced to come to the Forums so they could be explain that they lag and skip in either English through Google Translate, or in whatever language they speak (We have many bi-lingual admins). I'm behind this 100%. We are an international server, but we're also a Counter-Strike server that promotes fair gameplay among it's players.

I feel like you're fighting hard against this because you know you lag, and you don't want to get banned?