Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate and laggers
Hey guys,

Just wanted to re-post this here since I didn't do so the first time.

I tried looking around to see if there is a post about it, but no luck : /

There are always a few people that have decent ping (under 100) but just skips across the map- making them near impossible to hit and just outright annoying. (I'm referring mostly to the pop 2 server since I don't really go anywhere else.) I'm wondering if there is a set rate min/max/default on the server? I've been in servers that change your settings automatically, and would just like to know how it is done for the wL servers.

While I understand that this does happen and people are adjusting their settings so they can have a decent ping, I have experienced how some people would purposely do this to troll/ get an advantage in game. Also, is this also something an admin would keep on eye out for in the servers? I've seen some people kicked for lagging, but usually the skippers are just left there.

Comments / Responses would be appreciated; Thanks!

I'm not quite sure where to post this either, hope I found the place Smile
[Image: 702064_101.png]
Seen it happen a few times on Office. Some players don't know how to fix this unfortunately, even with as simple changes as rate changes. Tried explaining it to a few of them, but they don't care that much to get it done.
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
Its pretty Simple IMO, freackin Google CSS rates and change them in the advanced player options menu on nonsteam CS. You think its bad in the Pop maps 2 lol extreme, ive pinged ppl in the DM, at least once a day i get a guy with 400 something.
"Ignorance is Bliss"- Sima Yi from DW6
There's nothing wrong with their rates. (wL) forces high minimum rates.

They skip because of an old computer or insufficient bandwidth.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
One of the guys I was trying to help claimed he had an i7 sli, etc etc. So don't know why he was teleporting like mad.
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
cucubelu, post: 81495, member: 15378 Wrote:One of the guys I was trying to help claimed he had an i7 sli, etc etc. So don't know why he was teleporting like mad.
M. Bison, post: 81494, member: 359 Wrote:... or insufficient bandwidth.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
Thanks for the response guys- here is another question. If we have a regular (decent ping) and is lagging like no other, would it be appropriate to bring him/her up for a ban?
[Image: 702064_101.png]
no...Bison i right
[Image: 984349_101.png]
[Image: imager.php?id=4415953&t=o]
[Image: 28ck2kg.png]
Xtr3me, post: 81516, member: 15302 Wrote:Thanks for the response guys- here is another question. If we have a regular (decent ping) and is lagging like no other, would it be appropriate to bring him/her up for a ban?
Everything that gives someone advantage over other players should be penalized. So, lag gives players advantage over other, so should be an "Yes" as answer?
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]
DK, post: 81595, member: 3039 Wrote:Everything that gives someone advantage over other players should be penalized. So, lag gives players advantage over other, so should be an "Yes" as answer?
if someones skills gives him the advantage....according to u his/her skills should be penalized!!!??...the answer is ofc "no"
[Image: 984349_101.png]
[Image: imager.php?id=4415953&t=o]
[Image: 28ck2kg.png]