Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Balance plug-in fail.
I think the plugin often does more short-term-good than harm, but I am afraid awareness of and dependency on the plugin could be affecting voluntary balance/switching.
Sometimes it also just fails hard.
For example, nearly all these guys were switched by the plugin at some point. This is what it found fair.

George, Of The Jungle Jun 29, 2012:
Is this the profile of a bear?? Hmm, I didn't know bears were capable of playing css. Don't they break the keyboard with their massive paws? This is very peculiar and requires further investigation. If this is true, no one knows what kind of risks this might hold. They might electrocute themselves, maybe they become addicted to the game causing them to neglect their parental tasks. What must become of their offspring?
I will select a team consisting of the world's foremost scientists that will go about this scientific quest in the uttermost professional manner. This taskforce will carry the name "CANBURZREALLYPLAYCOUWNTERTRIKE - HUHWHUT????". I trust upon these men a task of huge importance, the fate of bearkind may depend on it. Godspeed men, Godspeed!
yeah this plugin is especially retarded in the deathmatch servers, I get switched back and forth in 15 mins or so, repeatedly. Definitely disable it.
I remember when Fuzzy izzie and I played together in MG server, and we owned.
So when we moved to the losing team, then that losing team would be stacked because izzie and I were top 2 players with large amounts of kill haha
Were we considered respected player? I do not know.
But We did move several times to losing team, but in the end, that "losing team" would usually be stacked at the next round because people switch when they die.
this happened in MG many times past...
What I don't understand is why people want to win easily. The fact is it gets quite boring if you keep rolling over the other team. Hence, I usually try to join the losing team when that happens. It is more fun going for a challenge than steamrolling.
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
By time..

http://war-lords.net/threads/atb-stacking-teams.8314/

[Image: 031D887C0B02003108731EDC613EB2919BC1586C]
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]
Fuzzy Izzie, post: 84940, member: 9457 Wrote:For example, nearly all these guys were switched by the plugin at some point. This is what it found fair.
ceddeeoo, post: 84944, member: 9052 Wrote:yeah this plugin is especially retarded in the deathmatch servers, I get switched back and forth in 15 mins or so, repeatedly. Definitely disable it.
GameMe doesn't operate in the DM servers. What's being done in DM is ensuring both teams have even players. Alternatively, with mp_limitteam set to 1, autoassign bugs out and doesn't work. The error message outputted is similar to when there's insufficient spawns. This causes players to sit in spectator until eventually leaving.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
Not ganna lie, i'm a noob but i always choose auto assign. Not sure if that matters but still lots of fun. Sorry in advance lol.
Nugs, post: 84968, member: 16634 Wrote:Not ganna lie, i'm a noob but i always choose auto assign. Not sure if that matters but still lots of fun. Sorry in advance lol.
Its what people should do, and what makes things interesting.
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
cucubelu, post: 84971, member: 15378 Wrote:Its what people should do, and what makes things interesting.
ATB = Anti-Team Balance. Won't matter. lol.
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]
Lol, my name is in Izzie's screenshot.
I think there should be a limit on the number of times per minute u can teamswitch(either forced or voluntarily) in the dm, like 1 per minute. I and others have had the experience of getting auto-balanced and then not wanting to play on the that team so we switch back and then immeadiately dying and getting switched again. So you can end up with like 8 or 10 extra deaths and possible the dm's most suicides award because of the auto-balance.
I'd also say only allow players in the dms one voluntary teamswitch, so if they happen to get switched more than once to the opposite team, they can't stack without disconnecting and reconnecting first. Yeah it does break a player's stride to a degree, but at the very least would cut down on any stackers.
"Ignorance is Bliss"- Sima Yi from DW6