Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to improve your aiming in CS:S and CS:GO
Yuuki <3, post: 85991, member: 8153' Wrote:my guide:
Step 1: Get a better graphic card
Step 2: Get a better processor
Step 3: Get more RAM
Step 4: Get a better internet provider and contract
Secret step: Get a better computer that actually has a fucking graphic card, not a useless intel HD graphics or whatever that stupid name is
Step 5: Get a better mouse (Razor series is way to go)
Step 6: Get a fucking mouse pad (gaming one)
Step 7: Turn off HDR
Step 8: Get modification for skins (ct's are blue, T's are red)
Step 9: Make sure to check if your fps is over 60.
Step 10: just fucking play as much as you can. (man up and stop complaining about mouse sensitivity)
How to turn off HDR? o.O and i have everything better but i don't really know if my Graphic card is good.

by the all in all you mean to say get a REALLY GOOD FPS :p that is what i said hahaha XD

Double post

Yuuki <3, post: 85994, member: 8153' Wrote:I sometimes play CSS as if it was a realistic military simulator...
going cover to cover, voice-chat like one of those arma 2 fags, ask for cover fires, etc...
I started playing like this but now a days its all about how to get kills with Heads Sad

My Graphic Card is Radeon HD 7670M 1 GB. is it good enough? :p
i get Fps 130-150 a first but when laptop heats up it goes down to 100-80 o.O

Double post

Gonffs, post: 85978, member: 11307 Wrote:I would suggest that once you have gotten used to 50, to continue on to practice to 100, and each weapon, Deagle, m4, ak, and awp should have there own 100 killz. In order of

M4
AK
Deagle
AWP
mine is over 1000 each i think o.O
get ump, rape

my game plan errday i join a server
Before I begin, I should clarify that I have nothing against Yuuki and I'm not trying to get in a fight.

Yuuki <3, post: 85991, member: 8153' Wrote:Step 8: Get modification for skins (ct's are blue, T's are red)

I'm pretty sure that this is banned by most leagues and it tends to not work on scrim servers. Fine if all you ever do is pub, but you are putting a bit of a cap on yourself. While it will be second nature to identify people after a ton of play, if you really do have a ton of trouble, type "cl_minmodels 1; cl_min_t 3; cl_min_ct 2" in console. It will make all terrorists white with black heads and all counter terrorists blue with distinctive light colored helmets. I don't use this anymore, but it was helpful when I started out.

Quote:I sometimes play CSS as if it was a realistic military simulator...

I did this when I started playing, and it is fun. The only problem with treating CS realistically is that it keeps you from understanding good movement, which is fundamental to higher level game play, and keeps you from doing a lot of really ballsy stuff that will let you top frag, clutch, and pubstar.

Quote:Step 10: just fucking play as much as you can. (man up and stop complaining about mouse sensitivity)

Having a good mouse sensitivity is damn important for fragging. While I know a couple of people who play with accel and high sensitivity and have better aim than me, the general consensus is that a good player will acceleration off and use a lower sensitivity. This isn't just because of preference.

Acceleration is important to have off because it makes flick shots practically impossible. It also makes it harder to trace people with your cross hair because your crosshair moves with variable speed while the target moves with more or less fixed speed.

A low sensitivity is important because it is physically more accurate and much more conducive to muscle memory. This is because the physical area that you have to put your mouse on to move to the correct place on the screen is bigger. For example, if I have half of another player's sensitivity, the area that I have to move my mouse in order to place my cross hair over another player's head is twice as big. It helps muscle memory because there is a bigger distinction between the amount of mouse movement required to move across a certain distance on screen. In other words, it is easier to differentiate a five hundred pixel flick from a fifty pixel flick when the difference is ten inches, not ten centimeters.

Now, what actually constitutes "low" sensitivity will vary from person to person, but here is a good general rule: You should never be able to turn more than 360 degrees when swiping your mouse from one end of your mouse pad to the other. After all, when are you going to need to turn around more than 360 degrees? Ideally, a single swipe should turn you slightly above 180 degrees. This will make it harder to turn around, but as a general rule, if someone is behind you and you actually need to turn around instantly, you will probably be killed.

Having a high sensitivity optimizes your mouse for "looking around" and not for aiming. Sure, you might be able to turn all over the place, but if you're playing properly by preaiming and consciously working angles, the vast majority of raw adjustments you make will be tiny. Having a higher sensitivity works better in games like quake, where you are turning around a lot more and dealing with much faster opponents. It's also really hard to play bunny hop maps with the less than 360 rule, but to be honest, I tend to have a much easier time using bunny hopping in a combat situation when my sensitivity is lower, especially since it generally just used to get from one point to another while being harder to hit.

Since I decided to actually make a serious post in this, I should tell people to DOWNLOAD. THIS. MAP. Death matching is fine for putting things to the test, but if you want to be able to stress your core aiming skills to the limit, there isn't really another substitute. I can't express how much this map has helped my aim. If you've ever seen me pull off a really haxxors looking shot online, this is why.
I love giving guns to the players who doesn't have enough money to buy one, then I'll buy a deagle for me to frag.
Just Go With IT. √

Why are you even looking here? scroll down if you can.
hey guys ..can u help me.....i hit my emenies before they hit me and the blood on their head is also shown but the server do not registers the hits.....i think its a lerp prob...so whats the best value for lerp?
[Image: 984349_101.png]
[Image: imager.php?id=4415953&t=o]
[Image: 28ck2kg.png]
Here's a guide:
cl_interp_ratio is the key cvar here. Default is 2 and most people try to set it to 0 or 1 because "2 causes lag!!11". This is not the case. Most people also try to keep lerp where the ping is and most people also try to set cl_interp as low as they can. All these will cause non-registering hits, even if the lerp is white.

Possible settings for low lerp:

cl_cmdrate 100, cl_updaterate 100, cl_interp_ratio 1, cl_interp 0.025 = lerp 25ms (white, but because tickrate is 66, the setting is pointless and too low lerp)

cl_cmdrate 66, cl_updaterate 66, cl_interp_ratio 1, cl_interp 0.030 ) lerp 30ms (white but still way too tight to simulate on your screen. Will cause bloody faces with 0 damage taken)

cl_cmdrate 66, cl_updaterate 66, cl_interp_ratio 2, cl_interp 0.030 = lerp 30.3ms (almost the best value, but still too tight as your ping usually is higher.

cl_cmdrate 66, cl_updaterate 66, cl_interp_ratio 2, cl_interp 0.040 = lerp
40ms. This is what i use and it's quite perfect.

lerp = your own ping + ~10-20

Source: http://www.viaclan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13478
Just Go With IT. √

Why are you even looking here? scroll down if you can.
you don't necessarily need white lerp, ESEA enforces orange 15.2 lerp and this is what I use most commonly. A lot of servers will enforce minimum 30 lerp though.