Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When will the name lock shenanigans end? I got name locked while AFK a few weeks ago, but I still went ahead and played along with the gag of being "King Cooties" anyways.
(Mar 14 2019, 11:57 PM)JeRM Wrote: When will the name lock shenanigans end? I got name locked while AFK a few weeks ago, but I still went ahead and played along with the gag of being "King Cooties" anyways.

I think we all know why you got name lock Wink
Name locks are kept indefinitely. I could remove the name lock or substitute it with another name, but I'm not particularly encouraged by your evasiveness here.
[-] The following 2 users Like M. Bison's post:
   CaliSnipe, johnnyboi212
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
(Mar 15 2019, 01:41 AM)johnnyboi212 Wrote:
(Mar 14 2019, 11:57 PM)JeRM Wrote: When will the name lock shenanigans end? I got name locked while AFK a few weeks ago, but I still went ahead and played along with the gag of being "King Cooties" anyways.

I'm just going to ask why so you can tell. You seem to be wanting to tell.
(Mar 20 2019, 12:07 AM)JeRM Wrote:
(Mar 15 2019, 01:41 AM)johnnyboi212 Wrote:

I'm just going to ask why so you can tell. You seem to be wanting to tell.

lol....
as someone who is not up to speed here i would like to get the scoop. what did he do to deserve this?
As your leader i will not force you to give up relationships and play cs instead, that's on you. if i gotta push you to play the game u want to make a living out of, then this shit aint for you.
(Mar 22 2019, 09:35 AM)Jesse W. Wrote: as someone who is not up to speed here i would like to get the scoop. what did he do to deserve this?

johnnyboi is Grand Wizard and he's a major factor as to why I'm in this position. Kid has -6 karma in the pugs, a name lock of his own for unknown reasons, and the majority of regulars hate him equally as much as myself. He trolls me in game to get reactions which ultimately get a name lock for me, because I didn't realize how that happens in the first place, and then comes in my thread to troll further.

Ultimately, after going back and forth with him talking shit in a pug one match, I'm name locked because I set my name to something directed toward him, and then I went AFK in spec.

I went ahead and perm ignored him in the pugs and now on the forum realizing it is him.

I'm just going to have to switch to CS:GO at this point, because I cannot play with a name lock. I just can't.
(Mar 25 2019, 11:55 PM)JeRM Wrote:
(Mar 22 2019, 09:35 AM)Jesse W. Wrote: as someone who is not up to speed here i would like to get the scoop. what did he do to deserve this?

johnnyboi is Grand Wizard and he's a major factor as to why I'm in this position. Kid has -6 karma in the pugs, a name lock of his own for unknown reasons, and the majority of regulars hate him equally as much as myself. He trolls me in game to get reactions which ultimately get a name lock for me, because I didn't realize how that happens in the first place, and then comes in my thread to troll further.

Ultimately, after going back and forth with him talking shit in a pug one match, I'm name locked because I set my name to something directed toward him, and then I went AFK in spec.

I went ahead and perm ignored him in the pugs and now on the forum realizing it is him.

I'm just going to have to switch to CS:GO at this point, because I cannot play with a name lock. I just can't.

You seriously can't play with a locked name? What does your name even have to do with your game-play?
Only a hand few know why I'm name lock, and its not because of any action I did that causes me to get a name lock. More then half my -rep is from the people I usually play with to troll me.
I honestly don't have to explain anything to you.

You are ignored, so when you are ignored, you don't changed your name to try to answer/talk to the person that ignored you. Its called  Bypassing Ignore feature.

" and the majority of regulars hate him equally as much as myself" Lol?
I dont see how a namelock can prevent you from playing/enjoying the game ...

If you need to swap names to troll, well why would bison unlock it ?

If you need it to be incognito, well the stats are linked anyways and the second you’d make a call everyone would know exactly who you are (been there done that and making 0 calls is a dick move).

If you need it to act like you don’t care (like many players do), well the simple fact that you need it shows that you do care (about stats or else).

Other reasons ?

If you really want the namelock gone, try to apologize (even if you think you did nothing wrong) and make an offer to bison like, if i am going around the ignore system again ban me for a week or something (and make sure you don’t). Personally i appreciate the namelock feature because many players swap names 15 times a day so it helps keeping track (of trolls in particular) and it punishes without actually banning players.

Anyways, have a great time on source or on go if you switch back !
[-] The following 3 users Like Ben-'s post:
   JeRM, johnnyboi212, wil.son
I heard bison likes mustache rides and lot lizards. I'd up the ante on the offer if I were you.