Yes
15 50.00%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 AWP and ONLY for losing team.
in my opinion, there should be no awp at all!!!!!!!!  also, i suck at awping ;(
I voted no.

As Ownage stated, the AWP is earned by players who have, in terms of the game, been a good and consistent player and has earned the right to use the AWP.

Limiting the AWP to the losing team will not help in balancing teams, especially as the AWP is only a single weapon. A team dominates a round with good teamwork and good players, the AWP isn't going to do much to balance a team.

In response to Rival:

So what if a player doesn't want to Rush with the AWP? I'm one of the dumber people that do, but I feel comfortable with my skills to be effective in supporting my team. The AWP is commonly used as a weapon by one person to completely shut down a certain area, and that is the meaning of a sniper rifle.

I also don't see the problem with not wanting to die because they have the AWP. It's a legitimate strategy and one that is quite useful. When you have 6 guys, and it's you and you have an AWP, you're a lot better off saving your AWP then running in and possibly getting 1-2 people. Being awpless, and being unable to use any weapon is also a legitimate reason. Some players only use the AK, M4, or other weapon because that's the only gun they can use. As long as they're having fun, the server is doing the right thing. The AWP isn't the best of rushing weapons, and it isn't one you should be rushing with.

Forcing everyone to drop AWP's isn't going to help team balance or game play in the server. In fact, it'll probably decrease the number of regulars, and other players who consistently like to use the AWP for more than 3+ rounds in a row. We're already limiting the AWP, we shouldn't have to limit the AWP to a specific time... It ruins the fun in the server, and it will not help in teambalance in anyway shape or form.

I just don't see where you're coming from. If a player is good enough to be able to keep the AWP without dying, or he's able to survive the round with the AWP regardless o the outcome of the match, he should be able to hold onto the AWP. Why are we singling this sole person, this awper, to have a chance to lose his gun? Where does it stop? Should we stop player that 1 deag amazingly well, to one Deagle every 3 rounds?

This isn't a better style of gameplay, it's designed to handicap other players so newer players have a chance. Why would we do such a thing? They get better through playing against great players, and the regulars in our server demonstrate that. We're still running full servers, so it's obviously not a big problem.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
joker8baller Wrote:I voted no.

As Ownage stated, the AWP is earned by players who have, in terms of the game, been a good and consistent player and has earned the right to use the AWP.

Limiting the AWP to the losing team will not help in balancing teams, especially as the AWP is only a single weapon. A team dominates a round with good teamwork and good players, the AWP isn't going to do much to balance a team.
That's where our thought processes disagree. The winning team usually has the best players and probably the best awpers. If they're winning on the basis of good teamwork and just being better, then I don't see why they need an overpowered weapon to continue the job. If it were like that, then the AWP being present would make it near impossible for the losing team to recover without the intervention of a lot of good players.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
But why should we deprive of them such a weapon? Yes, a good awper can decimate a team, but a good awper is very vulnerable when they're awping. The problem in pub servers, and what newer players have to learn is to charge the awper immediately after they have taken their shot. 

The flaw in making this occur, is say that the losing team wins one just barely with the AWP. The next round, it gets taken away and they get rolled on hard. No one's going to have money for the AWP again, and they're screwed.

It's just that I can't see a reason on why we should continue the restrictions of how a person plays simply to cater to newer players, when the servers are obviously very popular and this is not a large problem.
M. Bison Wrote:Most pub servers don't even allow awps since they are considered completely overpowered weapons.

That is why people come to this server because it is awp enabled.  That is why I am here. 

Bad people aren't equalized by using an awp they still suck with it, otherwise the same people wouldn't be the top fraggers each map. 

I, The Rival - Your ideas are a little out there. Forcedrop, they just will drop and pick-up an M4/AK.  Still saving a weapon.  Still same problem-people not doing objectives.  Admins already "encourage" all players to do OBJs because they have an awp is irrelevant.  Just looking at your stats show you can't awp.  Thats why you prefer scouting.  Vice Versa I don't scout because I never use it. 

The problem isn't the awp.  The problem is team balancing.  Let the top5 and bot5 of each team be available to auto balance if a map is to one-sided.  Most of the time its adding that good player to the other team to let them win.

dust/aztec/dust/italy are very bias'd map.  Awp on the losing team would just encourage more camping and baiting. 

Money plug-in doesn't seem too good of idea, just because there is a reason why someone keeps buying the awp faster. 

I do think a money boost to the losing team after losing 5 rnds in a row would be helpful.

Team Balancing is the issue
joker8baller Wrote:this is not a large problem.
it's a very big problem. more times than not, i'll join a random server and it'll be something like 25-0.

Mr.Tea Wrote:Team Balancing is the issue
Hey, I don't disagree. The problem is when someone tries to balance the teams, then they get landed with admin abuse accusations. If we don't try something like this plugin idea, which will hopefully give some incentive for people to balance the teams themselves, then I'm going to have to install an aggressive auto-team balance plugin again. The last time we installed it, people were complaining because they couldn't play with their friends, etc.

Additionally, think of it this way. If the teams are balanced, meaning wins-losses are close. Then neither team will be affected by this AWP limiting rule. It'd really only take effect when the other team is getting rolled every single round.
What I meant by that, is that it's not a large problem among the players. I don't think I've ever seen a good amount of people complain about it, from my experience, they acknowledge that player is a good awper, and then proceed to attempt to kill em, or avoid the area all together.

I don't think the AWP is the issue, as you can see, I just went 18-0 on your team on Dust2 with just an M4. A good player will be good regardless of that matter.

I think if you made it a plug-in, that switches the highest ranked player, and it does it automatically, then you'll have a lot less problems. If it a server base then people won't complain about it.
joker8baller Wrote:I don't think the AWP is the issue, as you can see, I just went 18-0 on your team on Dust2 with just an M4. A good player will be good regardless of that matter.
I never said that the AWP was an issue. I stated that if we were to implement something to micromanage the AWP, then it'd hopefully resolve the Team Balancing issues we've having.

Additionally, if the scores are dead even, we could probably entirely remove the 1 awp per team limit assuming it stayed that way.
I just don't believe that it would...

Sounds like a complicated plugin >.<
joker8baller Wrote:In response to Rival:

So what if a player doesn't want to Rush with the AWP? I'm one of the dumber people that do, but I feel comfortable with my skills to be effective in supporting my team. The AWP is commonly used as a weapon by one person to completely shut down a certain area, and that is the meaning of a sniper rifle.

In my eyes, the awper is an essential part of the movement of the team. If Ts are rushing, the awper should offer them support by moving with that squad and remaining slightly behind the players with rifles, so they can offer up suppressing fire whilst the other team members use grenades and rifles to effectively push forward to the target site. On CTs, the awper should move with the weaker squad to offer a bigger amount of support for the defense. Camping is not acceptable.

joker8baller Wrote:I also don't see the problem with not wanting to die because they have the AWP. It's a legitimate strategy and one that is quite useful. When you have 6 guys, and it's you and you have an AWP, you're a lot better off saving your AWP then running in and possibly getting 1-2 people.

I am more referring to the people that hear the bomb being planted and run away from the bomb site, when they have ample time to strike and defuse. One man with an awp and a deagle can effectively dispatch a few enemies whilst the remaining team members move forward to go for the defuse. Lots of times I have had the awper cover me whilst I run in for the defuse, and it works perfectly.

joker8baller Wrote:Being awpless, and being unable to use any weapon is also a legitimate reason. Some players only use the AK, M4, or other weapon because that's the only gun they can use. As long as they're having fun, the server is doing the right thing. The AWP isn't the best of rushing weapons, and it isn't one you should be rushing with.

If the only weapon you can use is an awp then I feel very sorry for you, because you're missing a huge amount of the game by limiting yourself to a fairly shoddy weapon. It benefits you greatly to be proficient with several different weapons. What if the awp is unavailable? What do you do then? Maybe it's just the way I learnt to play the game, by only ever buying a deagle and picking up various weapons to save money for those hard rounds.

joker8baller Wrote:Forcing everyone to drop AWP's isn't going to help team balance or game play in the server. In fact, it'll probably decrease the number of regulars, and other players who consistently like to use the AWP for more than 3+ rounds in a row. We're already limiting the AWP, we shouldn't have to limit the AWP to a specific time... It ruins the fun in the server, and it will not help in teambalance in anyway shape or form.

What about those awp hoggers that constantly camp out and annoy people? I think you lose way more players to ragequitting with that, than you would if the awp was rotated around the team.

joker8baller Wrote:I just don't see where you're coming from. If a player is good enough to be able to keep the AWP without dying, or he's able to survive the round with the AWP regardless of the outcome of the match, he should be able to hold onto the AWP.

If the player ignores the objective, then they have no right to keep anything. People get slayed for ignoring objectives, I find no mercy to those who ignore it just to keep a gun.

joker8baller Wrote:Why are we singling this sole person, this awper, to have a chance to lose his gun? Where does it stop? Should we stop player that 1 deag amazingly well, to one Deagle every 3 rounds?

I am singling out the awper because there is only one of them per team. It's easy to be singled out when you're the only one. Secondly, I am sure you would have a different tune if you were on a team where a terrible awper kept purchasing the awp, round after round, and kept ignoring the objective to hold onto the weapon. Since "terrible" is relative, this term could apply to anyone.

And no, since deagles are available for everyone and not limited to one per team, everybody has the exact same chance to get those 1 deags, or at least practise enough to be able to get those kinds of kills, so its completely fair for an amazing deagle player to own the map. Also, since the deagle is nowhere near as powerful as the awp, you're point is completely invalid.

joker8baller Wrote:This isn't a better style of gameplay, it's designed to handicap other players so newer players have a chance. Why would we do such a thing? They get better through playing against great players, and the regulars in our server demonstrate that. We're still running full servers, so it's obviously not a big problem.

How does getting killed over and over again by the same awp hogger make you a better player? Also, I think you're missing my point. If a player is bad, they will not have enough money to buy the awp, leaving the good players with the chance to buy it, if they want to. It's just purely for the sake of rotating the awp around the players that actually have enough skill to be able to buy and use the awp, you know?

I'll give you an example. Myself, Parik, CENTRAL and My Mom are all on a team, and we are the top 4. We all want to awp, but Parik keeps hogging the awp so we can't buy it. With the new limitations in place, Parik would only be able to purchase it for 3 rounds before myself, Central or Mom would be able to buy it. You may laugh at my example, but it's actually happened, and it's been extremely frustrating since both Parik and Central hog the awp and refuse to complete the objective, whereas My Mom is an amazing awper who can rush and complete the objective with no problem.

Sorry for my long posts, but I don't think people are fully understanding me. I feel like you are against me because you are the people that are the awp hoggers (I know Ownage is, for sure), and you don't want it to change because then your style of gameplay would be out the window, and god forbid you'd have to learn to use another weapon.

Whilst I was typing this , 5 new replies were posted, so I feel that I have been forced out of the conversation unintentionally. In all fairness, I really don't care too much, I just think it's sad that some people can only awp and suck with every other weapon. That's your own problem though, so I am just gonna back out of this now whilst I still have a little sanity. Thanks for reading my posts though, no hard feelings to anyone that I may have offended, I love you all Smile
If you read this, you suck.