No
15 50.00%
Yes
15 50.00%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 AWP and ONLY for losing team.
joker8baller Wrote:I'm going to use Loks as an example, no offense Loks. But Loks used to be just a regular player, <1.0 KDR and he just ran out around shooting people. Not that he's been playing a lot more, especially scrimming with others, he's completely turned around and his skill level has increased significantly. I just believe there will be better ways to team balance without putting further limitations on the server.

Im not offended!! Big Grin actually i will take this a compliment since i think my skills are a lil better than was in the begining!!!
[Image: 20j1ild.png]
i think it wouldnt work limiting the awp further , i understand its frustrating to be killed by the awper over and over and over again , but its the game , the awps have always been part of cs . im with ownage fa once ( :p ) .  on a packed 42 people server , two awps dont create a huge impact , they dnt win the round or decimate the opposition barring a few skilled players. camping is annoying , yes , i fail to understand y t's camp on d2 . but imo cts should camp . the can hold down a bombsite along wth a few players . it does very little to team balance restricting the awp further . im am a terrible awper and i dont buy awps at all, it wud make no difference to me if the awps were restricted . but i wud hate to see the awps further restricted and to hear people complain abt it . i agree with joker , we are not doing noobs like me any favors by making wl noob friendly .
[Image: 21abvjs.png]
Voted yes, I don't hate the awp but it is very very annoying with these limitations. I feel like I am great with the awp, however I personally don't use it often because I think it's cheap. When there is a good awper whoring the other team and I can't just buy an awp to take them out then drop it for someone else it seems unfair. The limitations in place are pretty effective 90% of the time at balancing the awps effects out, however it is far too easy for one person  to monopolize it, noob or not. Had an awp last round and die anyways? Press b+r and boom, almost nobody can beat you to buying it, once you have it win or lose its too easy to get again and again and again. At least with this kind of limitation it would make it harder for good awpers to essentially decimate the other team without a challenging awp always being available to them.
"Most people think time is like a river, that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you, they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm."
naive Wrote:Voted yes, I don't hate the awp but it is very very annoying with these limitations. I feel like I am great with the awp, however I personally don't use it often because I think it's cheap. When there is a good awper whoring the other team and I can't just buy an awp to take them out then drop it for someone else it seems unfair. The limitations in place are pretty effective 90% of the time at balancing the awps effects out, however it is far too easy for one person  to monopolize it, noob or not. Had an awp last round and die anyways? Press b+r and boom, almost nobody can beat you to buying it, once you have it win or lose its too easy to get again and again and again. At least with this kind of limitation it would make it harder for good awpers to essentially decimate the other team without a challenging awp always being available to them.

So we penalize people for being good with the awp, or more broadly, at CSS?
Is this what our policy has come to?
[Image: 191457_101.png]
lin3ar Wrote:So we penalize people for being good with the awp, or more broadly, at CSS?
Yup.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
M. Bison Wrote:
lin3ar Wrote:So we penalize people for being good with the awp, or more broadly, at CSS?
Yup.

Haha.. best response ever
joker8baller Wrote:I do disagree with the fact that it will effectively rebalance teams, I doubt players will care enough to switch teams to utilize the AWP,
That really wasn't the main point I was trying to convey. People switching to the losing team to get the AWP is just an additional bonus to the idea. There's also the fact some people won't switch because the winning team tends to have AWPers in the choke points.

joker8baller Wrote:I guess that's where our thought processes differentiate. The spray and pray tactic is a valid newbie tactic, and hell, it's stilla tactic I use today.
I was hoping to make "spray and pray" more effective. The point of this idea is that newbs can't hit distant objects at all and in most cases they tend to be on the losing team. I was hoping to make "spray and pray" more effective and thus make newbs more effective on their team in the process. You have to understand every bit of damage they inflict on an enemy brings that enemy closer to death. The problem is that they play really slowly and AWPers tend to kill them before they can even shoot. If they're up against an AK or M4, assuming it isn't a headshot, they've got the time to spray and possibly hit you before dying. These small amounts of damage eventually add up and can kill you. At least in this case, they've done more than they would've done otherwise.

LagAvenger Wrote:Haha.. best response ever
of course Tongue
M. Bison Wrote:
joker8baller Wrote:I guess that's where our thought processes differentiate. The spray and pray tactic is a valid newbie tactic, and hell, it's stilla tactic I use today.
I was hoping to make "spray and pray" more effective. The point of this idea is that newbs can't hit distant objects at all and in most cases they tend to be on the losing team. I was hoping to make "spray and pray" more effective and thus make newbs more effective on their team in the process.

Both winning and losing teams have those "spray and pray" noobs.  In fact, if you limit the AWP to the losing team, then you're enabling the "spray and pray" noobs on the winning team to die.  The point that you want to convey is that spraying and praying is only good in some situations.  These "newbs" should be schooled as to how NOT to play.  They should NOT spray a Mac-10 across the wooden bridge in de_aztec against an AWPer.  Actually, there's nothing wrong with that, unless they die or if they complain about it.  These "newbs" need to learn 1-2 shot bursts from an AK/M4 at long range are effective, especially against an AWPer.  Also, smoke grenades and flashes are effective against AWPers.  In fact, everyone has the ability to buy a smoke and two flashes.  As it is now, 20 smokes and 40 flashes are still more effective than 1 AWP on the opposite team.  In fact, 1 smoke and 2 flashes are more than enough for me to kill an AWPer.
[Image: 0:3304193_css.png]
OwnageHN Wrote:Both winning and losing teams have those "spray and pray" noobs.  In fact, if you limit the AWP to the losing team, then you're enabling the "spray and pray" noobs on the winning team to die.  The point that you want to convey is that spraying and praying is only good in some situations.  These "newbs" should be schooled as to how NOT to play.  They should NOT spray a Mac-10 across the wooden bridge in de_aztec against an AWPer.
That's right. They absolutely don't know how to play which I've tried to point out several times. If you want to try to school all the newbs who join then good luck on that.

OwnageHN Wrote:Actually, there's nothing wrong with that, unless they die or if they complain about it.
Wrong, their shitty playing pisses off all the "good" players, who after a while decided winning every round is just plain ridiculous, and ended up joining the losing team. I'm surprised you've not got sick of it either, it's like doing Comp Stomps on StarCraft to boost your score, there's just simply no point or skill in it.
M. Bison Wrote:
OwnageHN Wrote:Both winning and losing teams have those "spray and pray" noobs.  In fact, if you limit the AWP to the losing team, then you're enabling the "spray and pray" noobs on the winning team to die.  The point that you want to convey is that spraying and praying is only good in some situations.  These "newbs" should be schooled as to how NOT to play.  They should NOT spray a Mac-10 across the wooden bridge in de_aztec against an AWPer.
That's right. They absolutely don't know how to play which I've tried to point out several times. If you want to try to school all the newbs who join then good luck on that.

What do you say about enabling the "spray and pray" noobs on the winning team to die when you limit the AWP to the losing team?  You aren't "making spray and pray more effective" for both teams.

Also, I am doing my part in schooling these newbs by teaching them that if they charge me with a Glock while I'm AWPing from long range, they'll most likely die.

M. Bison Wrote:
OwnageHN Wrote:Actually, there's nothing wrong with that, unless they die or if they complain about it.
Wrong, their shitty playing pisses off all the "good" players, who after a while decided winning every round is just plain ridiculous, and ended up joining the losing team. I'm surprised you've not got sick of it either, it's like doing Comp Stomps on StarCraft to boost your score, there's just simply no skill in it.

What I stated isn't completely wrong.  I've "peaced" plenty of AWPers and others at long range doing what I explained.  Since I didn't die, and I could not complain because I didn't die, there was nothing wrong with what I did.  Also, if I still lived after doing this and unless I "gave away my teammate's position," I did nothing wrong.

EDIT because I think your quote was updated from the time that I read it to the point that I clicked quote:
Also, plenty of noobs have killed me before.  I'm clearly not invincible.  There's a luck factor to CS:S, like gambling, which makes it addictive.
[Image: 0:3304193_css.png]