Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unknown Admin Abuse
No more flaming here. Stop pointing fingers, this is a place to reolve an issue. If you want to make fun of each other go to the FlameZ.
Canister Wrote:No more flaming here. Stop pointing fingers, this is a place to reolve an issue. If you want to make fun of each other go to the FlameZ.

You should make it a rule that only the people accusing and the people being accused should be allowed to post. :-\
(° ‿ ° ✿)

[Image: EternalReaper.png]
[Image: 2hmjw44.png]

Eternal94 Wrote:
Canister Wrote:No more flaming here. Stop pointing fingers, this is a place to reolve an issue. If you want to make fun of each other go to the FlameZ.

You should make it a rule that only the people accusing and the people being accused should be allowed to post. :-\
Disagree. Other admins and players can and speak to the situation and the past history of the player.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
lilZenk Wrote:
OwnageHN Wrote:I was playing in the #2 popular maps server on de_dust and on the T side.  It was 2v11, I had 12 HP with an AWP and 30 seconds left.  The (unknown) admin "warned me" to attempt the objective, which was what I was trying to do.  I was pinned down, standing above the underpass T side, from a guy at tunnels and could not advance any further.  I was subsequently slayed for "not attempting the objective" yet the admin referred to it as "saving" once before.

I'm not going to run in to commit suicide because that's not working towards the objective.  If I have a gun next round, even though the time ran out, I am still making positive efforts to "complete the objective" the next round.  In fact, if I have an AWP the next round, that's $4750 less money my team has to spend.

Bison told me that all of his admins know the policy for slaying people not attempting the objective.  Therefore, this admin was knowingly not following the policy and admin abused me.

EDIT:
It appears that this unknown admin is Mr. Tea.

Youre just another frag hunting f@ggot that doesn't know how to play the dust map on T side. You had no chance to win the round from the position you put yourself in, which was actually camping like 10 feet from T spawn (which you probably should be slayed for anyway). If it was you vs 1 afk in ct spawn you still would have lost that round. Mr Tea was right on slaying you for camping on a bomb plant map. If he didnt slay you, you would have just sat near the white car until the round was over, then you would have went and did it the next round, and the next round, with no contribution to your team what so ever. You should be permabanned for being a complete pub scrub. Quit calling admin abuse just because you suck too hard to win a round. Afk.

This is a splendid example of a troll: an unknown person that has no business poking their head into something of which they don't understand.  I was no where near the white car when I was slayed so everything you just wrote was invalid and a waste of time.
[Image: 0:3304193_css.png]
I fail to see where Ownage is at fault here.

2v11, low hp, had an awp with 30 seconds left. Bomb is down a supposed fair distance near him but obviously CTs are guarding the bomb. It would be pointless to just rush to his death to get the bomb, especially with an awp. Elimination is also considered an objective and he was also doing that. Bottom line is, you cannot slay someone for "not attempting/completing the objective" if there is no possible way to get the bomb without more or less, committing suicide.

You're only supposed to slay for failure to complete objectives in bomb/defusal maps when:
1. Bomb is up for Ts but they do not make an attempt to plant (camping, or aimless wandering that leads to no site).
2. Bomb is down for Ts but they do not make an attempt to retrieve it and camp in some random position far away from the bomb. However, if the Ts are actively killing CTs in attempting to complete the elimination objective or attempt to make the area around the downed bomb safe for retrieval, then the need to slay is voided.
3. CTs do not make an attempt to defuse and instead camp far away from the bombsite. This situation is conditional as sometimes, if there is a 1v7 or the like situation and it is technically impossible for the CT to defuse as it would be rushing to suicide, then there should not be a slay. (example would be last CT in Long A pit of de_dust2 with 7 Ts guarding a planted bomb) But let's say that bomb is planted, and sufficient CTs are alive to attempt the defuse and/or camping in the opposite site or some other campable area in the map, then a slay can be warranted.

I've been minding the attempting/completion of objectives in the Dust2 24/7 servers for a long time. Slaying for the perceived failure to attempt objective is not a black and white situation, as I have learned, hence why I tend to review the situation now before I take any action. Sometimes, it is acceptable to save while facing impossible odds. Sometimes, the attempt to secure the retrieved bomb is not successful. But at least the player(s) in question tried. Especially if situations are like 2v11, you cannot force the remaining players to rush to their imminent deaths to do an objective. If it was 1v4, maybe, but if the odds are so insurmountable, I don't see the point in forcing players to die trying to rush to retrieve the bomb just to run into 6 CTs or whatnot. Keep in mind that this situation reported happened on de_dust, perhaps one of the most ridiculously CT sided maps when large numbers of players are present. The objective is hard enough to attempt/complete for Ts already. Do know the context of the situation before you take action.
[Image: 191457_101.png]
I think that Tea was trying to point out that Ownage was consistently the last person alive at spawn and did not rush said objective multiple rounds in a row.

If this is the case, I see the the slay as justified. While saving may be a legitimate strategy, if you consistently allow your team to die and do not make an attempt at the objective than it is not your intent.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
joker8baller Wrote:I think that Tea was trying to point out that Ownage was consistently the last person alive at spawn and did not rush said objective multiple rounds in a row.

If this is the case, I see the the slay as justified. While saving may be a legitimate strategy, if you consistently allow your team to die and do not make an attempt at the objective than it is not your intent.

Exactly. 

This was the second round he was one of the sole surviors. 

First time he was the sole survior for over 1min.  Abuse would occur if I would have just arbitruarly slayed.  I didn't.  I reminded him of the objective at 30 secs left.  He started moving from the back of the map and failed.  I then told him if he does this again he will be slayed.  Keep in mind T's won the two rounds before the slay rnd.  They were doing the objectives.  2nd Rnds later he is the last of two players and failed to meet time objective.
I think it's time for my opinion. 

I've been in this same situation before and have been slayed, though it was not Mr. Tea.  It ws 1 v 8, 25 seconds left, and I was camping side hall on cbble with an AWP.  I didn't want to rush in and plant because I knew I would have died, losing the AWP.  Anyone who scrims or plays league would think this exact way.

After I was slayed, I was a little >Sad with it happening, but soon realized that there are 30+ people waiting on me.  It's not uncommon that people leave servers because of campers / long rounds, so that's something the admin keeps in mind when administrating the servers.

Just remember this is a pub!  People want to play, not wait!
keek Wrote:I think it's time for my opinion. 

I've been in this same situation before and have been slayed, though it was not Mr. Tea.  It ws 1 v 8, 25 seconds left, and I was camping side hall on cbble with an AWP.  I didn't want to rush in and plant because I knew I would have died, losing the AWP.  Anyone who scrims or plays league would think this exact way.

After I was slayed, I was a little >Sad with it happening, but soon realized that there are 30+ people waiting on me.  It's not uncommon that people leave servers because of campers / long rounds, so that's something the admin keeps in mind when administrating the servers.

Just remember this is a pub!  People want to play, not wait!

DING DING DING!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

"this is a pub!"
Mr.Tea Wrote:
joker8baller Wrote:I think that Tea was trying to point out that Ownage was consistently the last person alive at spawn and did not rush said objective multiple rounds in a row.

Exactly. 

This was the second round he was one of the sole surviors. 

First time he was the sole survior for over 1min.  Abuse would occur if I would have just arbitruarly slayed.  I didn't.  I reminded him of the objective at 30 secs left.  He started moving from the back of the map and failed.  I then told him if he does this again he will be slayed.  Keep in mind T's won the two rounds before the slay rnd.  They were doing the objectives.  2nd Rnds later he is the last of two players and failed to meet time objective.

You do realize you contradicted yourself, right?  Being the "last survivor" for 2 rounds, non-consecutively, out of the 5+ rounds I played is not a consistent behavior.  In fact, I was only the "last survivor" for ONE round.  Also, like I said before, during the only round I was the "last survivor," I was at low health, in a 1:6+ situation, and I saw a CT go from tunnels to T spawn while I was above underpass on the T side.  It would be logical for me to fall back to cover my flank then save because the timer was almost up at this point.

I agree that it's a public server, but I'm going to play to win.  If you aren't playing to win, then you'll notice that you'll die a lot.  If you don't like watching others play, then get better at the game.  Getting mad at players that are better than you is insanity.
[Image: 0:3304193_css.png]