No
13 37.14%
Yes
17 48.57%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For/Against: AWP on Dust 2 Deathmatch Server
I dont get why all the "veterans" of the Dm are constantly bitching about the awp, i mean is it your not good with it, is it you cant stand getting awped by a noob, what? I mean since we put the awp in theres been a host of new players coming in, I think it makes the server really popular and then the fact that not everybody is going to use the awp, and if they do, ive noticed about 80% are bad with it(worse than me that is, and i suck with the awp). Keep the awp, and quit bitching, if you want a private server than go buy this dm from the admins, quit complaining because you cant stand to lose 6 points everytime some noob plows ur head thru with a sniper bullet, to some regards yes i do get mad when that happens, like if somebody camps something other than spawn with an awp, or someone camps with the machine gun, yet i still welcome the challange, and still do try to kill them.
Oh, and reflex, yea that threat is pathetic, if you and say 5 friends leave, about 20 new people will come in to replace them, out server is getting popular again, and if you nerds want to kill it because of your own pathetic agendas about leading the server, then u r sad!
Edit, i just took a glance at the dm, its 6 on 6 with no specs, and all the other servers are either dead or have like 4 people on them at this hour.
"Ignorance is Bliss"- Sima Yi from DW6
General Josh Wrote:I dont get why all the "veterans" of the Dm are constantly bitching about the awp, i mean is it your not good with it, is it you cant stand getting awped by a noob, what? I mean since we put the awp in theres been a host of new players coming in, I think it makes the server really popular and then the fact that not everybody is going to use the awp, and if they do, ive noticed about 80% are bad with it(worse than me that is, and i suck with the awp). Keep the awp, and quit bitching, if you want a private server than go buy this dm from the admins, quit complaining because you cant stand to lose 6 points everytime some noob plows ur head thru with a sniper bullet, to some regards yes i do get mad when that happens, like if somebody camps something other than spawn with an awp, or someone camps with the machine gun, yet i still welcome the challange, and still do try to kill them.
Oh, and reflex, yea that threat is pathetic, if you and say 5 friends leave, about 20 new people will come in to replace them, out server is getting popular again, and if you nerds want to kill it because of your own pathetic agendas about leading the server, then u r sad!
Edit, i just took a glance at the dm, its 6 on 6 with no specs, and all the other servers are either dead or have like 4 people on them at this hour.
ohhh
general stuck in big problem now
Colonel Sanders Wrote:There's no reason to change this server, especially since War-Lords have a dedicated awp server. Let the awpers flock there instead of allowing them to pick off heads on the DM server.
Being that I'm probably the biggest awp whore there is I completely disagree with this. I have to warm up in the sniper server where after I die I have to wait for nerds to die to continue my warm up. You don't understand how happy I am to be able to non-stop play and be able to warm up in 10 minutes because I can kill 100 people faster. There is a reason why every other successful d2 dm server allows awps. IT WORKS. At any given point there are 2-5 of my friends joining the server I'm in to try and kill me. Looks like we just made up the population we lost with you.
Is this thing on?

[Image: 11qid6d.jpg]
The problem with the awp is that it makes it harder for people who use rifles to get kills, a lot harder (as noted before, due to massive camping, and the fact that dust2 is a rather medium to long range map)... If your response to this is just "get an awp like everyone else" then you're an idiot. I think Bison's idea makes a lot of sense, like the awp being unlocked after every 5 kills and then when you buy it, it gets locked for another 5 kills and so on ? Or, you could make the server not 16k and so people would have to earn their weapons, awp included, but that will not solve the problem very well as the skilled players will earn 16k rather quickly and then be able to buy the awp every time as usual. edit: actually, taking out the 16k would make it even harder probably, imaging spawning with a glock versus a team of camping awpers...
One of the reasons i agreed on putting awp on dm is to train my reaction time just before the awper shoots me or trying to kill him from long range.
[Image: 1qs5g7.png]
Tomix <3 ♥Madelaine♥' Wrote:One of the reasons i agreed on putting awp on dm is to train my reaction time just before the awper shoots me or trying to kill him from long range.
You should take notes from this guy. Just because its a game doesn't mean that you can't use life concepts. If you have never picked up a bat your not going to be able to hit a pitcher that pitches 100mph. If you want to be able to hit it you won't go practice on someone that throws 20mph. Doesn't do you any good. If you want to be able to kill someone that's awping you have to die 1,000,000 times first. I hate how a vast majority of this worlds population want everything given to them (I.e can't kill someone that's awping so instead of trying to get better to kill them let's just remove the weapon). Try doing what us awp whores did to get good with the awp, PRACTICE!
Is this thing on?

[Image: 11qid6d.jpg]
Yea i agree with Tomix too, and ceddeeoo there too( that girl still has no ass but is Hawt tomix), 1. a majority of the awpers suck balls on the server, 2 it creates a really good challange and prevents the ts from simply swamping ct spawn so often(so it solved the imbalance problem), 3 both teams are really balanced now because now what the cts cant do by rushing they can do by awpschizing the ts from long range.
"Ignorance is Bliss"- Sima Yi from DW6
AWPs are sort of unfair, though. Think about it. Smokes and flashes are disabled.  ???
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
the results from the poll suggest close to a 50/50 split on this issue. A compromise definitely needs to be made, imo.
ceddeeoo Wrote:the results from the poll suggest close to a 50/50 split on this issue. A compromise definitely needs to be made, imo.

The results of the poll are not legit. No option "I don't visit dm server". At least 60% of people here voted for awp in general, without consideration of dm rules and specifics.
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]