Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long time CS/CSS player, started back in Beta 5.2

Im really enjoying your servers and hope to get to know more of you here on the forums.

See you out there,

-P
Cool cool. How early did you convert over to CS:S?
George, Of The Jungle Jun 29, 2012:
Is this the profile of a bear?? Hmm, I didn't know bears were capable of playing css. Don't they break the keyboard with their massive paws? This is very peculiar and requires further investigation. If this is true, no one knows what kind of risks this might hold. They might electrocute themselves, maybe they become addicted to the game causing them to neglect their parental tasks. What must become of their offspring?
I will select a team consisting of the world's foremost scientists that will go about this scientific quest in the uttermost professional manner. This taskforce will carry the name "CANBURZREALLYPLAYCOUWNTERTRIKE - HUHWHUT????". I trust upon these men a task of huge importance, the fate of bearkind may depend on it. Godspeed men, Godspeed!
Fuzzy Izzie, post: 97356, member: 9457 Wrote:Cool cool. How early did you convert over to CS:S?

Pretty much right at release. I tried to make the switch to GO but it just doesnt feel right to me.

I think the beta years of CS were the glory days (anything prior to the retail release), but thats probably just nostalgia talking.
Piscator, post: 97361, member: 17200 Wrote:Pretty much right at release. I tried to make the switch to GO but it just doesnt feel right to me.

I think the beta years of CS were the glory days (anything prior to the retail release), but thats probably just nostalgia talking.
First of all welcome to the forums!

As for GO, I am right there with you. Old timer here as well in regards to CS. Glad to have you on our servers!
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
Is there a section on the site explaining how the community is setup? I see there are admins/mods/jr admins etc. Some of the names I recognize, but I see folks with the (wL) tag in game that arent on the admin list?

Just curious how things run around here. Sorry if there is a sticky somewhere, I looked but didnt see anything.
Some admins prefer to remain incognito when playing. You can however cross write to all admins online all servers by using teamchat (default u button)"@message here". In case someone is breaking rules on a server and you need help.

The only admin group is the "wL Admin", the other "wL" group is an open public group and they are not admins.

If you also click the staff list, the to right of the list is a list of admins online right now on the forums whom you also can message if there is a need.
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
We're phasing out of the wL Admin group. The players who have administrator/moderator in the public group now represent admins.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
Piscator, post: 97353, member: 17200 Wrote:Long time CS/CSS player, started back in Beta 5.2

Im really enjoying your servers and hope to get to know more of you here on the forums.

See you out there,

-P

Welcome!

I feel ya there! I've been playing since 03'. I switched to CZ for a few years and after some time I finally converted over to CS:S. I plan to stay with CS:S until it dies. For CS:GO, I plainly don't like it.
Motherboard: 990FX Sabertooth

Processor: Amd FX-8150 8 core 4.2 ghz

Ram: 16GB 1600 DDR3 Vengeance

Video: GTX 680 SC+

HDD: Western Digital 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB cahe duo core (Black Edition) ----------------------- Soon to add a Hybrid Drive

Power Supply: 1000Watt 80 Gold Modular

Case: Antec 900 (4 fans) -- Soon to add a water cooling unit
I started with 1.3 in year 2000. I miss that flick shot with the desert eagle and awp. When 1.6 came out with the shield, I lost interest. Then CZ came out and played it for a bit. When Source came out, I was hooked!

Double post

Now CS GO is out and I hate it! Sticking with Source!
____________________________________________________________________________________________
AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.2 GHZ 8 Core | Crosshair Formula-Z Mobo | Kingston HyperX 32 GB DDR3 2400 | GeForce 480 GTX (2) SLI Mode | 1000 Watts PSU | ASUS 24 inch Widescreen LCD 1 ms | Logitech G105 keyboard| Logitech G100s Mouse
cucubelu, post: 97408, member: 15378 Wrote:Some admins prefer to remain incognito when playing. You can however cross write to all admins online all servers by using teamchat (default u button)"@message here". In case someone is breaking rules on a server and you need help.

The only admin group is the "wL Admin", the other "wL" group is an open public group and they are not admins.

If you also click the staff list, the to right of the list is a list of admins online right now on the forums whom you also can message if there is a need.

Very helpful, thank you.