Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improving the unplayable Zombie Escape server
hello everyone. firstly, I wanna say thanks to Madness Cat for joining the game I was in so I could test the server.
our new zombie escape server is, imo, unplayable. zombie escape is NOT zombie reloaded but with special maps. I want to suggest some things so this server could become playable.

the biggest problem : Fast Zombie Tweak this zombie and we all can play in the server.
in zombie escape, it is essential for the humans to be able to run from the zombies. yes I know, shoot them. but they're freaking fast, like twice the speed and now you lose focus on the path. I don't mind the heavy, normal, and whatever other zombie types, but making the fast zombie JUST a bit faster than a normal zombie really helps a lot in building the population. People get frustrated overtime because they get infected so easily(by these fast zombies).there's times when you can't just shoot them to make them go away. I don't know the right settings, but if you know nothing about this, ask plaguefest server. their fast zombie is not fast, you won't notice it right away. the mother zombie might be as fast as the fast zombie, so tweak that one too.

2.Unlimited Ammo Having unlimited ammo is unfair, have limited ammo instead.
Yeah, it's way better to have unlimited ammo in ze, because we can slow the zombies down and not worry about reloading. it's true. but it's way way more worser. the zombies will ragequit cuz they can't get the humans. this isn't zombie reloaded, we guard some spots together and not separated, reloading isn't a problem 'cuz we can take turns. fyi, zombie escape maps have been tested to fit limited ammo gameplay, killing bosses and stuffs is just too easy with unlimited ammo. it's no fun and people will go away. I prefer limited ammo gameplay with like 999 spare ammo in ur small pockets rather than unlimited ammo.

3.!Props That's so game-altering. No.
I don't know how it works, but I believe that you spend credits for these !props, which I think is spawning physic models. Wait, so we can just block the entrance with vending freaking machines and like, "let's forget about the zombies and escaping thing, we can chill here and have some snacks from these vending machines forever. ROFL." ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... remove that feature.

4.Zombie infection mechanism You're joking right? No.
I have noticed that, when the zombie infection comes, a random player is chosen and infected insitu. Well, what if the player that leads the way get infected? Everyone runs backwards to escape the infected zombie. Reversing the plot is not funny. So I kindly suggest to add something so when someone/s are infected, they teleport back to spawn. I don't know about the ideal time it takes before infection, but 15 secs is fine if you teleport the mother zombies back to spawn. I don't know how you spawn mother zombies, but I suggest, percentage of people

5.Light and Speedy human Remove them to keep the game balanced.
secrets.uncommon hiding spots. both can be reached / reached easily by using these light and speedy human classes, making the gameplay unfair. it's like, you have to zigzag for 100m using normal human to get to a platform but using the light human, you can reach it almost instantly because you can jump higher to that platform. if some people use the speedy human, they can trigger some events faster than normal ones, leaving normal and light humans behind, and causing some, confusion and panic. There's more reasons not to use these classes which I can't think of, and it's always better together, so I suggest to remove the Light and Speedy human classes from the server.

6.!ztele and !zspawn Use the proper settings.
!ztele is nice, but it's just a big fail if humans can use it. you get teleported back to spawn, and the zombies are all annoyed.disable !ztele for humans and let it be used on zombies. If someone joins late, allow him to !zspawn to be a zombie, not a human, because it's just confusing, some are there some are there some humans are there. If someone dies, let him !zspawn as a zombie, not human, the same as ztele.

7.!zmarket Reconsider about this feature.
You can auto-buy weapons using this feature, hmm... but it can be used to spam weapons and for noReload. wait, you can buy grenades over and over again? not cool... all ze maps usually provide the spawn with buy spots to buy weapons, so I think you don't need this feature after all but give everyone infinite cash or so.

8.!block Douchebaggery is not allowed in here.
So I tried to type !block and it worked, it blocked people. Let's say there's a hallway as narrow as a door, and you typed !block, guess what, everyone votekicks you. If you don't mind, please disable this feature.Thanks.

9.Press E to use free parachutes As I said before, this kind of thing doesn't work.
Parachutes defy gravity, allowing you to airstrafe to impossible-to-reach spots, or get in some places a lot faster.
I highly suggest to remove this feature as it screws up the real gameplay.

If the plugin can't be configured, we won't be able to do anything unless we ask some experienced folks from other ze servers. But here's some links that might help the admins/moderators/whoever that's in charge of ze server. please reconsider and read these threads deeply.

kaemon is a ze mapmaker and he knows everything about this.
http://rafuron.wordpress.com/2011/06/12/...long-rant/
i3d is one of the most famous ze servers. http://forum.i3d.net/counter-strike-sour...onfig.html
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=188659
http://forums.srcds.com/viewtopic/16909

cs:go, idk if it's the same or not. http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=193883

a quote from kaemon, "[SIZE=12px]I do recommend to take into account that some maps were designed for one setting or the other; so you may be interested in changing your custom settings for a map if your setting is not working with it; or you are getting too many “fail-rounds”."[/SIZE]
seriously, check his post out.
mar_heave : Which David is performing some testing on the server?
M. Bison :That'd be me. I'm testing ways to destroy the server. :eek:

Ever played in PlagueFest server
[Image: 2dgqm84.png]
[Image: dejxg5dm1cglfstk5w.png]
What are the differences between zombie reloaded and escape?
P.S. I'm a noob...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: 74pkdcefk45p0ob8e76j.gif]
[Image: 164962_208.png]
I sent Molik Garg a link to this thread.

I also went ahead and made some of the changes:
mar_heave, post: 98150, member: 1302 Wrote:1.Fast Zombie -done
2.Unlimited Ammo -done
3.!Props -removed
4.Zombie infection mechanism-done
5.Light and Speedy human -removed
6.!ztele and !zspawn-done
9.Press E to use free parachutes -removed

mar_heave, post: 98150, member: 1302 Wrote:8.!block Douchebaggery is not allowed in here.
So I tried to type !block and it worked, it blocked people. Let's say there's a hallway as narrow as a door, and you typed !block, guess what, everyone votekicks you. If you don't mind, please disable this feature.Thanks.
The only one getting stuck/blocked is the one using !block.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
Knowpain, post: 98174, member: 1105 Wrote:What are the differences between zombie reloaded and escape?
P.S. I'm a noob...
that's ok, ur zombie reloaded skills are awesome.
I believe the first zombie escape used zombie reloaded settings, but as the gamemode got more popular, people tried to improve them.
basically humans will try to escape from the zombies by running through some path and shooting them. sometimes there are holding spots where humans try to keep zombies away while waiting for doors to open, and then escape by vehicle/some other endings.
most ze servers use NoBlock plugin
also, some ze maps contain bosses, movie/game based atmosphere, and round-based gameplay

M.Bison, post: 98179, member: 359 Wrote:The only one getting stuck/blocked is the one using !block.
hmm... my mistake... thanks for telling me, I forgot that one, but I still wonder if people who write !block can jump onto others and reach some platform or so...
that's another problem which I didn't write because I thought the first reason was enough.
M. Bison, post: 98179, member: 359 Wrote:I sent Molik Garg a link to this thread.

I also went ahead and made some of the changes:
Quote:[SIZE=12px]1.Fast Zombie -done[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12px]2.[/SIZE][SIZE=12px]Unlimited Ammo [/SIZE][SIZE=12px]-done[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12px]3.[/SIZE][SIZE=12px]!Props -removed[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12px]4.[/SIZE][SIZE=12px]Zombie infection mechanism[/SIZE][SIZE=12px]-done[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12px]5.Light and Speedy human[/SIZE][SIZE=12px] -removed[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12px]6.[/SIZE][SIZE=12px]!ztele and !zspawn[/SIZE][SIZE=12px]-done[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12px]9.[/SIZE][SIZE=12px]Press E to use free parachutes [/SIZE][SIZE=12px]-removed[/SIZE]
thank you very much, general. I really appreciate your feedback.

but I look forward to seeing Molik Garg's feedback too.

So, ZE is like l4d.
haha, no. zombies can't die