Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSGO Update Sneak Peak
cucubelu, post: 100427, member: 15378 Wrote:Get back to me when the majority of the community agrees with you Wink

majority of the csgo community ? and who do you think you are speaking on behalf of the majority of the community ? youve played the game for less than 10 hours. in csgo you dont reach your full potential until 300-500 hours.

I lurk hltv, vakarm, esea, csgo reddit, and yea tons of people are bitching but theyre bitching just as much as they were back in css and in the original when big updates happened. Everyone knows it has flaws, but the latest blog NiP released a few days ago confirmed that Valve are working on EVERY issue people are complaining about, and that they are working on the movement and the glock right now more than anything.

Also the first year of 1.0 and css were just as flawed as the first year of csgo, that's for sure.
ceddeeoo, post: 100431, member: 9052 Wrote:majority of the csgo community ? and who do you think you are speaking on behalf of the majority of the community ? youve played the game for less than 10 hours. in csgo you dont reach your full potential until 300-500 hours.

I lurk hltv, vakarm, esea, csgo reddit, and yea tons of people are bitching but theyre bitching just as much as they were back in css and in the original when big updates happened. Everyone knows it has flaws, but the latest blog NiP released a few days ago confirmed that Valve are working on EVERY issue people are complaining about, and that they are working on the movement and the glock right now more than anything.

Also the first year of 1.0 and css were just as flawed as the first year of csgo, that's for sure.
Bugs is one thing, having a fully functional game that is completely retarded is another. Sorry to say, the reason they are doing all these changes is because they are listening to still almost 200k people playing CSS and dislike CSGO, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered with all these changes. They wanted a new feel, and it didn't work out, and now they are trying to iron it into what I feel could work eventually.

I would agree with you if GO would have worked, but it didn't work, and here we are today, them trying to work the mechanics from the bottom up.

1.0 / 1.5 / 1.6 were buggy, when released yes. That is what people whined about, that and the different damage modifiers, but nothing as substantial or remotely close to GO's mechanics differing as much as they do from the Original Grand Daddy. Remember, CS survived, while other FPSs have crumbled and died, and it is this community that deserves and has demanded its perfection, and we won't settle for less, not even if some already have.
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
Really just wished the original CS developers were involved with it since the start.

NiP blog is bullshit. They made changes based off of NiP players, and did it instantly. Where were they when the community has been begging for the original silencer to come back, or every other fix. And the reasoning for a second gun? "We want players to rely on more guns". No. This is CS, not CoD, not BattleField. What's worked in the past has always been kept.

They showed a lot of response back in the alpha/beta, it was headed into a good direction, then meh.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
cucubelu, post: 100432, member: 15378 Wrote:Bugs is one thing, having a fully functional game that is completely retarded is another. Sorry to say, the reason they are doing all these changes is because they are listening to still almost 200k people playing CSS and dislike CSGO, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered with all these changes. They wanted a new feel, and it didn't work out, and now they are trying to iron it into what I feel could work eventually.

I would agree with you if GO would have worked, but it didn't work, and here we are today, them trying to work the mechanics from the bottom up.

1.0 / 1.5 / 1.6 were buggy, when released yes. That is what people whined about, that and the different damage modifiers, but nothing as substantial or remotely close to GO's mechanics differing as much as they do from the Original Grand Daddy. Remember, CS survived, while other FPSs have crumbled and died, and it is this community that deserves and has demanded its perfection, and we won't settle for less, not even if some already have.

here's the thing though, you say that the game is flawed and "completely retarded" like its a fact, but it's just your opinion. HLTV asked get right if he thought the movement was flawed. He said not at all, he likes the faster paced action and the quick peeks. Your second sentence is complete bullcrap lol, the developers don't care AT ALL about what the css and 1.6 players think, they only care about what the GO community thinks.

I'm not sure on what grounds you think "GO didn't work" considering it has a larger player base than 1.6 and css even before the last update which brought up even more people (peak csgo players at one time before update was like 35k, now its close to 50k). CSS isn't even on the chart anymore lol.

CSS is way more broken than GO is, I could go on and on about the specifics but here's the reality. Only GO has an international competitive scene in CS and it's for a reason. People keep playing it for a reason. They enjoy it and it's really competitive. Everyone knows the game has flaws and some people voice their opinions more than others, but if you expected the perfect CS game from the get-go you just haven't paid attention at all to how CS games have evolved since their releases.

It is true though that we really didn't get jack shit for the past year in terms of updates but I truly believe the game is still getting better progressively. On the NiP blog they do say they are working RIGHT NOW on the movement and the glock.

If you get anyone that's gotten used to CSGO to go back to CSS, they'll tell you, wow this game is completely retarded. CSS is nowhere near competitively viable compared to CSGO.
ceddeeoo, post: 100464, member: 9052 Wrote:here's the thing though, you say that the game is flawed and "completely retarded" like its a fact, but it's just your opinion. HLTV asked get right if he thought the movement was flawed. He said not at all, he likes the faster paced action and the quick peeks. Your second sentence is complete bullcrap lol, the developers don't care AT ALL about what the css and 1.6 players think, they only care about what the GO community thinks.

I'm not sure on what grounds you think "GO didn't work" considering it has a larger player base than 1.6 and css even before the last update which brought up even more people (peak csgo players at one time before update was like 35k, now its close to 50k). CSS isn't even on the chart anymore lol.

CSS is way more broken than GO is, I could go on and on about the specifics but here's the reality. Only GO has an international competitive scene in CS and it's for a reason. People keep playing it for a reason. They enjoy it and it's really competitive. Everyone knows the game has flaws and some people voice their opinions more than others, but if you expected the perfect CS game from the get-go you just haven't paid attention at all to how CS games have evolved since their releases.

It is true though that we really didn't get jack shit for the past year in terms of updates but I truly believe the game is still getting better progressively. On the NiP blog they do say they are working RIGHT NOW on the movement and the glock.

If you get anyone that's gotten used to CSGO to go back to CSS, they'll tell you, wow this game is completely retarded. CSS is nowhere near competitively viable compared to CSGO.
Lets agree to disagree. CSGO is crap, I won't change my opinion, and I doubt Valve considers the opinion of 200 000 players crap too. Just because the game is in the competition leagues, doesn't make it any "better".

As for the recent updates and updates to come, proves my point. Codes are being worked from bottom up in order to improve the shitty mechanics, to improve a game that is clearly not being received as well as they hoped by the CS community.

CS wasn't built in a day, it was slowly developed into what it is today, when you went from 1.4/1.5/1.6/CSS there was a common ground in basic mechanics that people could always find. In GO, these mechanics were completely revamped, GO isn't CS, it is a shooter that claims to BE CS, with the only thing that is common in between GO and CS are the maps. That is the end of it,
cucubelu, post: 100467, member: 15378 Wrote:Lets agree to disagree. CSGO is crap, I won't change my opinion, and I doubt Valve considers the opinion of 200 000 players crap too. Just because the game is in the competition leagues, doesn't make it any "better".

As for the recent updates and updates to come, proves my point. Codes are being worked from bottom up in order to improve the shitty mechanics, to improve a game that is clearly not being received as well as they hoped by the CS community.

CS wasn't built in a day, it was slowly developed into what it is today, when you went from 1.4/1.5/1.6/CSS there was a common ground in basic mechanics that people could always find. In GO, these mechanics were completely revamped, GO isn't CS, it is a shooter that claims to BE CS, with the only thing that is common in between GO and CS are the maps. That is the end of it,

Not sure where you get the 200k player figure, but you should know that the main and biggest reason why people are still playing 1.6 and css is because they can be run on any computer while csgo takes better hardware to run properly. I remember when I first tried the csgo beta and i was running like 15 fps on a computer I got back in 2008. Whenever I go to South America i see 1.6 everywhere in cyber cafes because not only is that the only cs game they can run but it's because people can't afford their own computers, not even computers with super old hardware.

Codes are not being worked from the bottom up at all, they're being tweaked lol. Only values are being changed... The CSGO community itself provided new possible movement values because they're actually simple and easy to identify and come up with, they're mostly the same as the past CS games. Really nothing much has changed in terms of how the game plays compared to css and 1.6, just different values and tweaks.
ceddeeoo, post: 100468, member: 9052 Wrote:Not sure where you get the 200k player figure, but you should know that the main and biggest reason why people are still playing 1.6 and css is because they can be run on any computer while csgo takes better hardware to run properly. I remember when I first tried the csgo beta and i was running like 15 fps on a computer I got back in 2008. Whenever I go to South America i see 1.6 everywhere in cyber cafes because not only is that the only cs game they can run but it's because people can't afford their own computers, not even computers with super old hardware.

Codes are not being worked from the bottom up at all, they're being tweaked lol. Only values are being changed... The CSGO community itself provided new possible movement values because they're actually simple and easy to identify and come up with, they're mostly the same as the past CS games. Really nothing much has changed in terms of how the game plays compared to css and 1.6, just different values and tweaks.
Well that is usually all it takes to alienate a game. Simple mechanics, like movement, recoil, audio and models, and I, feel like that is what happened to go. I can jump back and forth 1.5, 1.6 and CSS and feel like am playing CS, but when I play GO, it just doesn't have that feeling. Maybe I am growing older, or maybe it just feels like a different game. Bottom line is, it could be a hell of a lot better.
cucubelu, post: 100471, member: 15378 Wrote:Well that is usually all it takes to alienate a game. Simple mechanics, like movement, recoil, audio and models, and I, feel like that is what happened to go. I can jump back and forth 1.5, 1.6 and CSS and feel like am playing CS, but when I play GO, it just doesn't have that feeling. Maybe I am growing older, or maybe it just feels like a different game. Bottom line is, it could be a hell of a lot better.

it's funny because I felt the exact same way when i first tried playing GO and getting into it. I couldn't stand it and it did not feel like CS at all to me. Then I stopped playing css completely just to get into GO and I realized that the reaction I had before was just because I was so used to CSS' movement, recoil patterns, etc... while CSGO was a whole new game with everything to be relearned. You may think to yourself "im not trying to compare the two games that much, i just dont like GO" but really it's just that you have to get used to it. Each CS game have their learning curves and specifics you have to learn and get used to.
For what it's worth.

1) Get Right likes the play because it suits him.
2)
Quote:Your second sentence is complete bullcrap lol, the developers don't care AT ALL about what the css and 1.6 players think, they only care about what the GO community thinks.
Then why did the top CS 1.6 & CSS players all get invites to the alpha&beta. Why were the flown in to Valve to work on the criteria? Why did the original GO reflect a lot of 1.6? Devs cared a LOT in the alpha and wanted to emulate it.
3)
Quote:I'm not sure on what grounds you think "GO didn't work" considering it has a larger player base than 1.6 and css even before the last update which brought up even more people (peak csgo players at one time before update was like 35k, now its close to 50k). CSS isn't even on the chart anymore lol.
Uhhhh no. 1.6 & Source have had a larger playerbase before GO. The stats are more recent and don't accurately reflect. Even with this, CS:GO has just recently overtaken Source and 1.6 in larger average database.

http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=g...o=End+Time

CS was a peak about 80,000 players, and Source had a peak of about 70,000. GO is about 53,000.

It's not just that GO is resource intensive that people are playing it.

4)
Quote:CSS is way more broken than GO is, I could go on and on about the specifics but here's the reality. Only GO has an international competitive scene in CS and it's for a reason. People keep playing it for a reason. They enjoy it and it's really competitive. Everyone knows the game has flaws and some people voice their opinions more than others, but if you expected the perfect CS game from the get-go you just haven't paid attention at all to how CS games have evolved since their releases.

GO has an international competitive scene because CS died out (in every league too!, PC competitive gaming except for SC2 has been on the decline), and the GO scene really isn't that big, especially when compared to 1.6 & Source tourneys in the past.

For what it's worth, CS was very good in 1.3 & while 1.6 is touted, the entire era of 1.3-1.6 was excellent. But Source is broken and took fucking forever to get decent... but it just wasn't going to come close to 1.6. It never had the chance.

---

Just look at the recent rash of "pro" players that have left because Valve doesn't care about the community and/or there's not enough money in it. There's a very strong sentiment on this.

CS:GO doesn't feel like CS. A great majority of good players and old players have acknowledged it.
1) The original CS developer that worked with the developers on GO wasn't apart of the original team.
2) The movement values have been way off and have needed to be changed. Up until recently there was absolutely 0 word from the developers.
3) The fact that Valve changes cost of the M4A1-S for NiP, on opinion, rather than what the playtests & community wanted is crap.
4) The reasoning that the M4A1-S and USP-S were different weapons because they wanted players to have a "different option" and see people using different guns is disgusting. The community wanted a silencer on the main m4, because that's how it's been done in the past and that is a great option. The economy works and while the new one is nice, it's completely contrary to what the community wanted. It's doing what the devs wanted...
5) Glock has been OP for so long, why hasn't it been addressed.
6) ADADAD spam is terrible and technically an exploit
7) Why was this update pushed as the next big thing? It doesn't address any of the previous issues... even if comes next week, it's a let-down.

I get that Valve is working on it via the NiP blog, but it's been so long since these were an issue, and they've been persistent issues over the development of CS:GO. Up till quite recently, no changes/mentions by Valve and really no significant updates to the game. The Community feels neglected and so and so forth. I liked the NiP quote about how disappointed they were on their blog, but it seems to be gone. Just because they've gotten exclusive peeks doesn't mean it's going to accurate. They want to see their playstyle be used.

Quote:Worth mentioning is that todays update has taken a year to finish, and for you critics they are still working on:
They worked a year to give us skins? .................................................................................. They have been working on new code and the fact that they've touted this and not released updates to fix previous errors is way beyond bullshit.

Look, CS:GO is a good game, it's fun. But it's a different game. For everyone wanting to bring back the 1.6 days, we're not going to have our wall-bangs, the regs, the good time. The reg isn't going to be perfect, but it's a different game. It's got some similarities to Counter Strike but it's not like any other iterations. And we need to accept it. Making 1.6 again, isn't really possible and a lot of players won't like it since 1.6 had SUCH a high skill ceiling and was so hard to break into.

But don't get me wrong. CS:GO has a long ways to go before it becomes viable in the long run for a competitive scene. There's a definite need to tweak movement values so peeking isn't so damn effective. If you've played 1.6 you know what it feels like and how damn important it is. One wrong key movement for half a second can be such a tantamount difference. ADADAD spam that some pros exploit needs to be fixed, more gun mechanics, etc.

But you can't stop at just fixing the game, you need teams, sponsors, leagues, and the community to embrace it. The 1.6 community was fun. The GO community is pretty fucking brutal. Even the Source community was as well. Sponsors and the cash prizes are a joke when compared what they used to be. LAN's and shit for GO are shrinking and at an astounding rate, especially in North America. GO isn't ready to be used as a big mainstream videogame like MLG offers it's gamers or LoL... There's a lot of work and it's an uphill battle, and we'll see how it turns out. Look at ESEA lan though... the viewers of the matches have been unusually small.

My prediction? GO sticks around for a bit, dukes it out, and makes small increases. However, it's going to be another iteration of CS that really takes it back to the old level.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
joker8baller, post: 100477, member: 835 Wrote:For what it's worth.

1) Get Right likes the play because it suits him.
2)
Then why did the top CS 1.6 & CSS players all get invites to the alpha&beta. Why were the flown in to Valve to work on the criteria? Why did the original GO reflect a lot of 1.6? Devs cared a LOT in the alpha and wanted to emulate it.

cucu wasn't talking about the making of GO, he was talking about the update that just came out "Sorry to say, the reason they are doing all these changes is because they are listening to still almost 200k people playing CSS and dislike CSGO, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered with all these changes."

joker8baller, post: 100477, member: 835 Wrote:3)
Uhhhh no. 1.6 & Source have had a larger playerbase before GO. The stats are more recent and don't accurately reflect. Even with this, CS:GO has just recently overtaken Source and 1.6 in larger average database.

http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&jstime=1&appid=240q730q10&from=1157094000000&to=End Time

CS was a peak about 80,000 players, and Source had a peak of about 70,000. GO is about 53,000.

It's not just that GO is resource intensive that people are playing it.

4)

GO has an international competitive scene because CS died out (in every league too!, PC competitive gaming except for SC2 has been on the decline), and the GO scene really isn't that big, especially when compared to 1.6 & Source tourneys in the past.

For what it's worth, CS was very good in 1.3 & while 1.6 is touted, the entire era of 1.3-1.6 was excellent. But Source is broken and took fucking forever to get decent... but it just wasn't going to come close to 1.6. It never had the chance.

---

Just look at the recent rash of "pro" players that have left because Valve doesn't care about the community and/or there's not enough money in it. There's a very strong sentiment on this.

CS:GO doesn't feel like CS. A great majority of good players and old players have acknowledged it.
1) The original CS developer that worked with the developers on GO wasn't apart of the original team.
2) The movement values have been way off and have needed to be changed. Up until recently there was absolutely 0 word from the developers.
3) The fact that Valve changes cost of the M4A1-S for NiP, on opinion, rather than what the playtests & community wanted is crap.
4) The reasoning that the M4A1-S and USP-S were different weapons because they wanted players to have a "different option" and see people using different guns is disgusting. The community wanted a silencer on the main m4, because that's how it's been done in the past and that is a great option. The economy works and while the new one is nice, it's completely contrary to what the community wanted. It's doing what the devs wanted...
5) Glock has been OP for so long, why hasn't it been addressed.
6) ADADAD spam is terrible and technically an exploit
7) Why was this update pushed as the next big thing? It doesn't address any of the previous issues... even if comes next week, it's a let-down.

I get that Valve is working on it via the NiP blog, but it's been so long since these were an issue, and they've been persistent issues over the development of CS:GO. Up till quite recently, no changes/mentions by Valve and really no significant updates to the game. The Community feels neglected and so and so forth. I liked the NiP quote about how disappointed they were on their blog, but it seems to be gone. Just because they've gotten exclusive peeks doesn't mean it's going to accurate. They want to see their playstyle be used.

They worked a year to give us skins? .................................................................................. They have been working on new code and the fact that they've touted this and not released updates to fix previous errors is way beyond bullshit.

Look, CS:GO is a good game, it's fun. But it's a different game. For everyone wanting to bring back the 1.6 days, we're not going to have our wall-bangs, the regs, the good time. The reg isn't going to be perfect, but it's a different game. It's got some similarities to Counter Strike but it's not like any other iterations. And we need to accept it. Making 1.6 again, isn't really possible and a lot of players won't like it since 1.6 had SUCH a high skill ceiling and was so hard to break into.

But don't get me wrong. CS:GO has a long ways to go before it becomes viable in the long run for a competitive scene. There's a definite need to tweak movement values so peeking isn't so damn effective. If you've played 1.6 you know what it feels like and how damn important it is. One wrong key movement for half a second can be such a tantamount difference. ADADAD spam that some pros exploit needs to be fixed, more gun mechanics, etc.

But you can't stop at just fixing the game, you need teams, sponsors, leagues, and the community to embrace it. The 1.6 community was fun. The GO community is pretty fucking brutal. Even the Source community was as well. Sponsors and the cash prizes are a joke when compared what they used to be. LAN's and shit for GO are shrinking and at an astounding rate, especially in North America. GO isn't ready to be used as a big mainstream videogame like MLG offers it's gamers or LoL... There's a lot of work and it's an uphill battle, and we'll see how it turns out. Look at ESEA lan though... the viewers of the matches have been unusually small.

My prediction? GO sticks around for a bit, dukes it out, and makes small increases. However, it's going to be another iteration of CS that really takes it back to the old level.

only very few pros have left CSGO recently, what actually happened was a bunch of teams broke up and are now making new teams. ESC is coming back, Na'Vi is coming back and Virtus Pro are coming back. This is all confirmed.

I totally agree with all the points you made about the flaws in CS:GO, and agree even more with what you're saying after that this is a different game than 1.6 and css, people shouldn't expect to jump into it and be able to start top fragging.

What you're saying about the GO community being brutal is actually only the NA scene, since ESEA monopolizes the competitive community, people are obsessed with stupid stats and with pugs that don't help teamwork at all. In Europe, pug is just totally casual and most people focus on scrims as a way to take the game and competitive format seriously. In NA, pugs are super serious, people are baiting each other, every one is shit talking and not working together. It's just an awful community, and people in NA wonder why there's no sponsorships and a dead NA scene for cs.