Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video  CS:S Frag Video
Hey guys. Looking for feedback on this video. It took a very long time to make, but I want to get better at editing. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5lt2OOo...e=youtu.be 

Specifically, are the special effects okay, or do they get in the way? (blurs, flashes, etc). What about color correction? (Is there too much blue, etc.)

I appreciate you watching, and I appreciate feedback!
[-] The following 1 user Likes -Spooky-'s post:
   Ben-
I think you did a really good job editing/killing, I really appreciated the 1vs? and kill count at the bottom, because often when there is a few cuts it can get confusing (especially when there is shots done in the same pug or map one after the other on other clips).

Only 2 things that i can constructively add or ask :

Maybe 12 minutes is a bit long, personally idc about the length as long that it’s interesting/entertaining.

A few more reactions from other players in voice or chat (with a close up) could be nice (a bit everywhere in distribution not just the end !), doesn’t matter if the reaction is salty or like impressed, it just adds a little something special sometimes.

That being said, your clip helped me get motivated to plug my pc back (even without internet) to end the fragclip i started working on a few weeks back.

Have a good time on source !
(Mar 28 2019, 12:07 PM)Ben- Wrote: I think you did a really good job editing/killing, I really appreciated the 1vs? and kill count at the bottom, because often when there is a few cuts it can get confusing (especially when there is shots done in the same pug or map one after the other on other clips).

Only 2 things that i can constructively add or ask :

Maybe 12 minutes is a bit long, personally idc about the length as long that it’s interesting/entertaining.

A few more reactions from other players in voice or chat (with a close up) could be nice (a bit everywhere in distribution not just the end !), doesn’t matter if the reaction is salty or like impressed, it just adds a little something special sometimes.

That being said, your clip helped me get motivated to plug my pc back (even without internet) to end the fragclip i started working on a few weeks back.

Have a good time on source !

Really appreciate the feedback! 12 min. probably is too long, I'll work on making them less than 10 from now on. 

Keeping Voice_Chat on 1 while watching demos can be a pain, so it's not often I'm able to remember/find fun voice chats, but I can work on that, too. 

Glad to hear that you enjoyed it overall. It took a lot of work (as you know). Hope to see yours soon!
And they say the warlord servers dont reg cool video and pretty good music
(Mar 29 2019, 09:02 PM)tardbus Wrote: And they say the warlord servers dont reg cool video and pretty good music

Thanks Tard! Any suggestions for the next video?
Mastodon and some tool
(Mar 30 2019, 08:10 PM)tardbus Wrote: Mastodon and some tool

Definitely thought about some Tool. Love those guys. Not sure what songs would fit, though. Many of them are probably too long, and they are rather slow, usually. 

Mastadon might work. Oblivion, Mother Load, Colony of Birchmen, Show Yourself...
Maybe part of jambi

qotsa - sick sick sick or head like a haunted house