Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Increasing AFK manager's time
naive Wrote:Sometimes i minimize csConfused and talk to people and check every 30s to see if the round is over or not. The afk manager makes this like impossible because it takes a few seconds to switch back and forth and if i cant miss the first 15 seconds even because im typing to someone. It sucks coming into a new round and already in spectator despite being sitting there waiting to be alive again. I think it should be like if you don't move for a whole round it switches you. 15 seconds seems to just throw too many false flags. I couldn't decide what weapon to buy one time and got sent to spectator.

I have a couple of solutions to your problems :

1) Not being a dick or anything, but maybe switch off the other stuff? Do you really need to be talking to people whilst playing an online game? I dunno, I don't have other chat stuff running whilst I am playing CS:S, because I think it deserves my full concentration.

2) Use that time that you're dead to decide what weapons you are going to buy on the next round? Or set up the bind keys to be absolute (like I have one for deagle/armour/HE nade, and then the other 3 are set to have a different primary weapon, like AK/M4, Scout and Awp/Shotgun).

3) Leaving it an entire round would suck, quite frankly. One team mate can make all the difference, especially if that person has the bomb. I would wait 15 seconds for the AFK person to move and for the bomb to drop. As I said previously, you would most likely be dead before the round is over, depending on what team you are on and how easy it is to rush.

I dunno, it seems your problems can be easily solved by using the time that you are dead to make decisions for the next round, rather than using it to Alt Tab out and chat to your friends. It seems like a completely selfish reason to change the system just for the benefit of your social networking.

Just my 2 cents though.
If you read this, you suck.
Rival,

1. Over half the time I play these days I'm not trying very hard and just hopping around servers so that there is an admin around. Also, my other messengers never get closed seeing as business communications and the like trump csConfused in priority. The more time admins spend in the server the happier players are. So it's either partial attention or none from me sometimes. If you are just a casual player that devotes an hour or so of your entire attention to gaming good for you, but as an admin trying to just maintain a fair game it's just not the same.

2. Sometimes it is just too hard to decide between TMP and m4, also weapon choices normally depend on how much cash you have.. which you don't always know until the round is over anyways.

3. I never really thought this was a big issue before we had an afk manager.  I hear much more complaining with the afk manager than I ever heard about AFKs.
"Most people think time is like a river, that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you, they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm."
Those are some fair points, and I can see where you're coming from. But maybe you should give up being admin then. I mean, if CS:S isn't a priority to you, then maybe you're not the kind of person that should be in charge? Not meaning to sound harsh, it's just I am sure there are other people that would be more dedicated to the game, ie not Alt Tabbing out all the time.

Also, if you just spend all the time hopping around, why not just stay in Spec? Especially if people just want the admins to be around watching, you don't actually need to be playing. You could be alt-tabbing between Spec and your IMs.

I dunno, I just think the AFK managers good. It has saved my ass a bunch of times when my kittens try and escape my house through my room, when I actually have to move straight away and stop them getting out. I am sure my team mates appreciated it , since a number of times I have been holding the bomb as well.
I'll increase the time a little bit when I get back.
thanks to the admins for listening and delivering on the buy time and afk manager.

i'm pretty sure naive reserves the right to have a life; having counter-strike below some priorities isn't a crime - and probably recommended..
[Image: 88503_201.png]
[Image: 382_1002.png]
Red Wrote:thanks to the admins for listening and delivering on the buy time and afk manager.

i'm pretty sure naive reserves the right to have a life; having counter-strike below some priorities isn't a crime - and probably recommended..

I never said it's a crime to have a life, I just said that there are some people that have little or no other activities that would be a higher priority than dedicating a lot of time to being an admin on Counter Strike Source servers. If you're having trouble balancing the two so much that you have to have a decent system that's been in place for a long time changed just for personal reasons, then maybe it's time to rethink your role of authority.

I don't appreciate people putting words in my mouth, or not reading what I have written properly. In future, please take the time to read what I have written. If I took the time to think about and structure a counter argument in a calm and balanced way, the least you could do is spend a few minutes accurately reading and interpreting what I have said. Thanks.
I think the AFK manager time needs to be a little adapted as well. While the idea is good, there will be times where I'll be typing a long message or on the other computer during work stuff and I'll be kicked.

The thing is, that while I do get back in time before the final 5 or 10 second warning, when I move out of my spawn position, I apparently do not walk far enough and it still slays me. It becomes apparent that on some maps, you can't move fast enough for the warnings.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
I, The Rival Wrote:I never said it's a crime to have a life, I just said that there are some people that have little or no other activities that would be a higher priority than dedicating a lot of time to being an admin on Counter Strike Source servers. If you're having trouble balancing the two so much that you have to have a decent system that's been in place for a long time changed just for personal reasons, then maybe it's time to rethink your role of authority.

I don't appreciate people putting words in my mouth, or not reading what I have written properly. In future, please take the time to read what I have written. If I took the time to think about and structure a counter argument in a calm and balanced way, the least you could do is spend a few minutes accurately reading and interpreting what I have said. Thanks.

I apologize for being a pompous, assuming fool. Next time, let me gather my case documents and analyze them to the brim and lay it out in a short and concise manner. Not meaning to sound harsh, or trying to be a dick or anything, but I don't give a rat's ass. Thanks.

herp.
derp.
[Image: 88503_201.png]
[Image: 382_1002.png]
Red Wrote:
I, The Rival Wrote:I never said it's a crime to have a life, I just said that there are some people that have little or no other activities that would be a higher priority than dedicating a lot of time to being an admin on Counter Strike Source servers. If you're having trouble balancing the two so much that you have to have a decent system that's been in place for a long time changed just for personal reasons, then maybe it's time to rethink your role of authority.

I apologize for being a pompous, assuming fool. Next time, let me gather my case documents and analyze them to the brim and lay it out in a short and concise manner. Not meaning to sound harsh, or trying to be a dick or anything, but I don't give a rat's ass. Thanks.

herp.
derp.

I see what's going on here. You won't get me.